Josh Dugan - Signs with Dragons

Do you want the Brisbane Broncos to make a play for Josh Dugan?

• Total voters
C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Re: The big Dugan discussion

How awesome would it be if they kept it silent and when the teams got announced Dugan was in the #1. Instead of some press release they just list him.

Ha. Unfortunately I think the media might notice him training ;-)

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008

Get any random looking bogan off the street as a decoy.

ozzball

ozzball

QCup Player
Mar 17, 2013

Don't know if anyone else has mentioned this ... just a thought from a little outside the box ... there's a lot of chatter about Sam Tomkins wanting to join an NRL side ... can't stand him when he's playing for the poms but in a Broncos shirt ... hell yeah !!!

Donald

Donald

QCup Player
Mar 25, 2013

Don't know if anyone else has mentioned this ... just a thought from a little outside the box ... there's a lot of chatter about Sam Tomkins wanting to join an NRL side ... can't stand him when he's playing for the poms but in a Broncos shirt ... hell yeah !!!

Signed until 2016 i think

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

Apparently he is signed until 2015 and would be tough to get because you'd need to pay a fee to the team he plays for and everything.

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008

Yes, its mystifying. We must be paying overs for nearly everyone.
of course we are lol.

wallace is likely to be on between $350k and $400k, based on his last contract, so players like Thaiday/Hodges/Hannant would easily be $400k+, probably pushing $500k. if we're paying a player like wallace that much, and offered Reed $250k, its a pretty safe bet to assume that most of our starting 17 would be on $200k+. if reed was offered $250k, what would gillett be on? my guess would be $300k at a bare minimum, for a guy whos had 1 good season and then been pretty mediocre.

thats the thing - at the broncos we seem to reward mediocrity. has been that way for years, mainly due to bennetts "nice guy" attitude where being nice was more important than being a good player. we need a cleanout, and we need to make sure that we're only paying players that are worth $300k the $300k theyre being paid, not joe-average fill in the numbers players.

john1420

john1420

It's Bronco Time
Contributor
Aug 27, 2008

Apparently he is signed until 2015 and would be tough to get because you'd need to pay a fee to the team he plays for and everything.

The club could still register an interest in him though

If Sam T is identified as the right player for this club and he's not free until 2016, then plan for the possibility and just let him know - when you're off contract and wanting to try your hand in the NRL, we want to be the club you play for

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

If he signs he'll be definitely one of the highest paid players at the club if not the highest. Real talk

What do you mean if? You had his contract right?!? Lol

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012

What does that mean? Broncos signed him? Or dragons?

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008

FWIW everyone, [MENTION=1755]nopatience101[/MENTION] has a pretty impressive track record when it comes to this stuff. :winky:

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012

Interesting but indications are definitely there

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008

he will be at the Broncos.
Great news. Can't wait to see him line up! It will make our attack much better because opposition teams can't just focus on Hodges.
Dugan has enormous talent, if he gets his off field dramas settled I have no doubt he can one day become the best fullback in the game or at least right up there.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008

Hodges is happy to welcome him.

As long as the price is right I'd be content with the move. Still don't like picking up high profile rejects on marquee deals but desperate times.

I'm trying to look at it from a positive perspective in that if you had have told me at the start of the year, we'd be losing Norman and gaining Dugan I'd be walking on sunshine.

And then ask you who sold their soul and to what devil.

Big Dave

Big Dave

Banned User
Feb 27, 2013

The price isn't right. It'z a crazy amount what we are offering.
Hodges is like the loner in the team. Doesn't get along with any of the younger guys.
He hangs with Choc Mundine's crew a lot

delp3k.jpg

Unread

Active Now

• Galah
  • Manofoneway
  • Bish
  • Cavalo
  • Bucking Beads
  • RolledOates
  • Harry Sack
  • leon.bott
  • westy316
  • bb_gun
  • Justwin
  • Redfern_1980
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Waynesaurus
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Battler
  • broncos4life
  • BroncosAlways
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.