Josh Dugan - Signs with Dragons

Do you want the Brisbane Broncos to make a play for Josh Dugan?

• Total voters
Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Re: The big Dugan discussion

how do you know what we are offering?

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

I'm over all this 'insider' knowledge. Either put up or shut up. If you know he's signed, then tell us how, give us some details.

There are a lot of people on here that claim to have all this inside news but have no real details. You would have us believe that the broncos have an open door policy to all their confidential dealings.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008

The price isn't right. It'z a crazy amount what we are offering.
Hodges is like the loner in the team. Doesn't get along with any of the younger guys.
He hangs with Choc Mundine's crew a lot

delp3k.jpg
So what if he hangs with Choc? Mundine may be a wanker in what he says but that's all show. Hodges clearly hasn't had issues with off field behaviour. Hazem El Masri used to/is buddie buds with Mundine too and he was never misbehaved. It doesn't mean anything. Lots of players are friends with Mundine.

And of course Hodges doesn't hang around the group much, he's basically 10 years older than everyone else, he had his group of friends while the current crop was still in school. I don't hang around anyone from my workplace too but I do the job that I need to, you don't need to be in the social circle to be a good part of the club.

Last edited:
C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008

Everyone says Mundine is a good bloke when he's not talking. I can think of a lot of people in a similar boat.

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008

wasnt hodges down at the wynumm redcliffe game with a few of the young blokes the other day? they cant get on that poorly..

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013

wasnt hodges down at the wynumm redcliffe game with a few of the young blokes the other day? they cant get on that poorly..

Definitely was and they seemed to be enjoying each others company. A lot of mucking around and laughing from these supposed enemies

Crazy Sam

Crazy Sam

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008

It still bugs me that we're looking at Dugan when we let Gagai go for far less.

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008

It still bugs me that we're looking at Dugan when we let Gagai go for far less.

I think it bugs a lot of people but circumstances are different now and we can't change the past so let it go.

There is also a difference between Dugan and Gagai - Gagai was in, stuffed up and was let out. It was the right decision at time.

Dugan is seeking redemption. If he displays a similar attitude to Gagai (i.e. if he is dropped to QCup or has a player in front of him), I hope the club exercises the same discretion.

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008

I'm over all this 'insider' knowledge. Either put up or shut up. If you know he's signed, then tell us how, give us some details.

There are a lot of people on here that claim to have all this inside news but have no real details. You would have us believe that the broncos have an open door policy to all their confidential dealings.

Yeah right. I'd give up my source just to pander to a public fan forum.

The Hodges and Thaiday quotes indicates to me that they have been approached by the powers that be for their opinion.

I reckon it's all but done bar the shouting. His ex/his kid are gonna be up here. Might help straighten him up.

T

tkday

Banned User
Mar 10, 2010

The NRL haven't approved the contract and while I am sure they will let him back in, they may say that he cannot come back for x period of time. Hell they may say he cannot come back at all, highly unlikely but there's always a chance. We don't know the full story of what happened at the Raiders

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008

Everyone says Mundine is a good bloke when he's not talking. I can think of a lot of people in a similar boat.
So what has Mundine done bad besides his shit talking in front of cameras? He's a shit talker because it drums up publicity and makes him a lot of money, a lot of people hate him and that's exactly what he wants.

Big Dave

Big Dave

Banned User
Feb 27, 2013

Of course Mundine's a good bloke when your favourite player is involved :scared:

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008

i'm sure mundine is fine if you are mates with him.

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008

i'm sure mundine is fine if you are mates with him.

He is, by any reasonable, sane person's standard, an irrational and egotistical idiot.

NOT the type of person that:
(1) I'd have as a friend or business associate and I take a dim view of those that do; or
(2) should be an accurate yardstick of the values of or spokesperson for:
(i) society
(ii) the Islamic faith;
(iii) the boxing community;
(iv) the Rugby League community; or
(v) the Aboriginal community.

T

tkday

Banned User
Mar 10, 2010

Gives you an insight into Hodges if he hangs around Mundine a lot. I know if Hodges wasn't passionate about Broncos and didn't play for them I would absolutely hate him. But because he is, it's the complete opposite. He knows what it means to play for the Broncos. He's still one of my favourites and always will be. By the way, where's the aussie spell check/dictionary here?

T

tkday

Banned User
Mar 10, 2010

Yelp, hypocrites. The players will be alienated by the decision

They might have a sook at first, but if he starts winning games for them I reckon they might get over it. Who knows, he might fizzle underneath Griffin and we would've wasted another big chunk of the salary cap on dead weight :)

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Wolfie
  • lynx000
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Rambstien
  • BroncosAlways
  • Redfern_1980
  • broncos4life
  • Fozz
  • winslow_wong
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Gaz
  • BruiserMk1
  • Allo
  • Fatboy
  • Kev_Guz
  • Bucking Beads
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.