Josh Dugan - Signs with Dragons

Do you want the Brisbane Broncos to make a play for Josh Dugan?

• Total voters
Re: Josh Dugan - Broncos withdraw their offer

norman will be convinced to stay at hte broncos after watching the eels play tonight.
Somehow I don't think it was the Eel's playing talent that convinced Norman to go.

yes but we will realise there is no one worth signing and go back to him with more money

Ok, some of our older readers may recall a former poster named Strapping Big Lad - this fellow was almost Paul the Octopus like in his uncanny ability to foretell the future regarding footy matters. SBL was barking mad but he did have some sort of a gift with a career prediction to conversion strike rate of almost 14%. Anyway, he has told me that the Dugan signing is not off the table - it will go cold for a weekish and then be reignited. Take it as a given that he will be a Bronco.

i heard today he will be going to st helens

No chance IMO.

norman will be convinced to stay at hte broncos after watching the eels play tonight.

Or he will think he is watching the Broncos play, but in different colours.

Ok, some of our older readers may recall a former poster named Strapping Big Lad - this fellow was almost Paul the Octopus like in his uncanny ability to foretell the future regarding footy matters. SBL was barking mad but he did have some sort of a gift with a career prediction to conversion strike rate of almost 14%. Anyway, he has told me that the Dugan signing is not off the table - it will go cold for a weekish and then be reignited. Take it as a given that he will be a Bronco.

Haha, he lives!

You find some really, really old tea leaves in your cupboard or something mate? :winky:

yes but we will realise there is no one worth signing and go back to him with more money

I seriously hope not. The spoilt little brat doesn't respect the jersey. Fullback is his best position but that's not good enough for princess, so on your bike normal

So what does he reckon the broncos angle is? Wait until the heat dies down?

Fullback may be his best position but I would argue that he is not great at it either. I believe he did not even contest the try Billy scored from a kick Friday night. I was really pissed off about that. Would have rather he contested and messed it up than wave he white flag

Fullback may be his best position but I would argue that he is not great at it either. I believe he did not even contest the try Billy scored from a kick Friday night. I was really pissed off about that. Would have rather he contested and messed it up than wave he white flag
Sorry, I disagree. I've replayed that one many times (to check whether Billy was offside), and Norman was the only one who went for the contest, and was the furthest away out of 6 (six) Broncos players!

Sorry, I disagree. I've replayed that one many times (to check whether Billy was offside), and Norman was the only one who went for the contest, and was the furthest away out of 6 (six) Broncos players!

You too?!

:laugh: Thought I was crazy checking it. Couldn't believe my eyes that Slater was JUST onside.

Captain Hindsight analysis of the try: Norman shouldn't have bothered contesting the ball. He should have been looking to tackle Slater just as he grabbed the ball. Don't blame him, but shows his inexperience.

Last edited:

Can this thread be closed yet? we've ended negotiations.

It is pretty disgusting what was said to his mum, I think it sucks that these idiots can bait and bait and bait and get away with it

For all his stupid stunts/antics, i still really wished we could have signed Dugan.

I really thought he might have got back on the right track here.

I can understand why he reacted, but I still can't see the Broncos accepting it. I'm still dumbfounded that he and his family didn't just completely shut down social media after his sacking, especially since they were subjected to ongoing abuse. Just silly.

As for people getting away with it, well, that's the nature of the beast that social media and the internet in general has created. The fact it's free, unfiltered communication means you take the brickbats with the compliments. For all the great information sharing and connecting that goes on, there's just as much filth and anger.

It's like being at a game of footy. The crowd yells a mixture of support and abuse. It ranges from benign to outright disgusting. As spectators, we can choose to let the disgusting stuff go, or we can report it to security and see if something is done, such as getting the people kicked out. The players on the field, if they hear it, simply have to ignore it because any retaliation is all on them. Just think to Tallis and his reaction to the sign about his mum. The criticism was, at least initially, of Tallis.

Social media is exactly the same. You see insults of varying degrees of offensiveness fly through. Most of it you just ignore, some of it you might go as far as to block the person, others you might report to the social media services (Twitter, Facebook, BHQ) and hope something is done. Often it's not.

That's where as an individual you make the decision to 1. Keep blocking, or 2. stop using it.

BHQ has struggled with baiting and carrying on for the duration of its 15 years as a forum. We've toyed with making it fully moderated requiring every single post to be reviewed first, but that takes away completely from the experience. So baiting becomes something the staff just have to deal with, and it's fucking annoying how childish it gets sometimes. I bet Twitter and Facebook staff feel the same thing, multiplied by 100 million!

I just lol at the "ermagherd our club is stupid" response. Dugan left them little choice.

No doubt he said in negotiations "yeah nah me social media needs to stop hey"... Nek minit, calls someone a spastic, kill yaself.

That's my point. Options are either (a) White and Gee said mate, here's an offer. You're a Bronco pending NRL registration and subject to you being immediately bound by our club's code of conduct and our rules. That means no more social media shit, delete your accounts and apps off your phone now before you walk out. Report here to our PR department for briefing and they will now control everything you say to the media. Here's our D&A counsellor and high performance manager. All the treatment is absolutely confidential, we're paying for it and we're committed to your personal development and rehab from DAY 1 of our involvement with you. Football is not even an option for a month (even then it will be QRL) until you meet these strict criteria (establish a house, report daily to xyz, no drinking for 6 weeks, working with club paid personal trainer every day).

or (b) Don't break the rules or the deal's off. PS we've dripped fed the media you might be playing against the Titans this week!

Clearly (b) seems to be line taken, which to me exhibits a massive underestimation of the kid-gloves required for managing a very troubled young man.

Last edited:

It is pretty disgusting what was said to his mum, I think it sucks that these idiots can bait and bait and bait and get away with it

What's the opinion of an internet troll really worth Josh?

Pride is the sign of a foolish man.

And so is the complete lack of impulse control, a psychological issue that probably undermines the complete Samsonite luggage collection (from the carry on bag to the wet pack) of emotional baggage that Josh Dugan is carrying around with him and was checking into the Broncos, and that White and Gee thought they could control/manage?

Active Now

• Battler
  • Fitzy
  • NSW stables
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Old Mate
  • BruiserMk1
  • bb_gun
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  • Robboi_321
  • Mr Fourex
  • Allo
  • Kev_Guz
  • sooticus
  • phoenix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.