Josh Hoffman Appreciation Thread

His defence was outstanding last night. Karmichael wouldn't have laid a hand on Bowen, let alone bring him down. Not quite in the top three fullbacks yet, but could very well be there abouts by the end of the season if he keeps improving at this rate. Was far and away our best player last night.

Fozz said:
Bowen at his peak is better than Hoffman now. Bowen isn't as good as Hoffman at the moment. He might improve but he won't be back to his peak.

If Friday night was anything to go by Matt Bowen is creeping back towards his best.

FWIW

Slater
Boyd
Dugan
Hayne
Hoffman/Coote

[icon_lol1. Sure enough Coote plays his worst ever game to help support my argument... [eusa_doh

Pete, I continue to prove you wrong on these forums ;)

Pffft, one game. Everytime Coote and Hoffman have gone head to head Coote has always outplayed Joshy.

You haven't proved me wrong once by the way.

Have Coote and Hoffman played in the same game more than once..?

Twice, 2008 and 2010.

More times if you factor in junior footy.

No need to get upset big pete. Since when do fullbacks go head to head?
You have no idea young man. You are comparing them base on Broncos vs Panthers game *rolls eyes*

Big_Dave said:
No need to get upset big pete. Since when do fullbacks go head to head?
You have no idea young man. You are comparing them base on Broncos vs Panthers game *rolls eyes*

When Coote's able to jump over Hoffman and retrieve a ball Hoffman had every right to catch?

He did it in both games.

Also given your recent posts, I wouldn't be calling anyone a kid.

Play nicely now, boys. [icon_wink

ningnangnong said:
Play nicely now, boys. [icon_wink

218749-muhammad-ali-and-bert-newton.jpg

Racist! [icon_razz1

Big_Dave said:
Pete, I continue to prove you wrong on these forums ;)

You couldn't prove Dolly Parton wrong if she was arguing that she is a bloke.

Big Pete said:
[quote="Big_Dave":10o7vpis]No need to get upset big pete. Since when do fullbacks go head to head?

When Coote's able to jump over Hoffman and retrieve a ball Hoffman had every right to catch?

He did it in both games.

Also given your recent posts, I wouldn't be calling anyone a kid.[/quote:10o7vpis]

So going by the way of your thinking.
Scott Hill was a better player than Lockyer?
Go back to leagueunlimited, boy.
You don't deserve posting rights on here

Alright, that's enough thanks guys.

We're here to discuss other people's posts, not the people themselves.

Next one of you who makes a petty post about someone else's knowledge will receive a warning.

I'll stop the two and thro under the priviso I can make sense of this comparison.

When did he ever school Lockyer? When did Scott Hill ever have a better season than Lockyer?

Coote's got both on Hoffman.

Just so we're clear, I would never get rid of Hoffman - just because I don't rate him above certain players doesn't mean I don't rate him period.

Big Pete said:
I'll stop the two and thro under the priviso I can make sense of this comparison.

When did he ever school Lockyer? When did Scott Hill ever have a better season than Lockyer?

Coote's got both on Hoffman.

Just so we're clear, I would never get rid of Hoffman - just because I don't rate him above certain players doesn't mean I don't rate him period.

Your whole argument for saying Coote was better than Hoffman was that Coote always had the better of him when they went "head to head".
That's like saying Scott Hill was a better player than Lockyer because almost everytime they went "head to head" Hill will majority of the time get the better of Lockyer.

But now you want to bring out "When did Scott Hill ever have a better season than Lockyer?"
Kinda strange you never made that point when talking about Hoffman Vs Coote.
So when did Coote ever have a better season than Hoffman?
Exactly.

Your whole argument for saying Coote was better than Hoffman was that Coote always had the better of him when they went "head to head".

That isn't my whole argument, it's a factor in the argument though.

Based on the amount of games they've played Coote has played better and to make matters interesting when they have gone head to head Coote has out-played Josh.

That's like saying Scott Hill was a better player than Lockyer because almost everytime they went "head to head" Hill will majority of the time get the better of Lockyer.

Again, I don't remember this ever happening. Name some matches.

But now you want to bring out "When did Scott Hill ever have a better season than Lockyer?"

2010 and technically his 2008 and 2009 seasons were better than Hoffman's too.

Big Pete said:

That isn't my whole argument, it's a factor in the argument though.

Based on the amount of games they've played Coote has played better and to make matters interesting when they have gone head to head Coote has out-played Josh.

[quote:1hlweai4]

Again, I don't remember this ever happening. Name some matches.

2010 and technically his 2008 and 2009 seasons were better than Hoffman's too.[/quote:1hlweai4]

I guess you never saw Melbourne Storm play the Broncos in the 2004 and 2005 seasons?
You got to be kidding me if you think Coote had a better season than Hoffman last season.
How many Panther's games do you even watch?
I bet the games only against the Broncos, and that is your whole arugment.
Coote out jumped Hoffman therefore he is a better fullback!
Steve Price out jumped Hoffman too, he is a better fullback as well!
How many games did Hoffman even play in 2008 and 2009? [eusa_doh

Active Now

• Mick_Hancock
  • bert_lifts
  • Skathen
  • Broncosgirl
  • BroncoFan94
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Sproj
  • Battler
  • Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.