Josh Hoffman signs 3 year deal with Titans

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Re: Josh Hoffman to negotiate with other clubs

Careful when mentioning Bennett around here... they are lurking! :disli:

Seriously though, I'd like to know what was meant with the "Wayne said he wasn't happy with how the club treated me" bit.
It must have been really harsh for Hoggman all that time at 5/8... or not letting him go with 2 years of his contract left to go.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008

Hard to really know what the full story was but judging from previous articles (so take it with a grain of salt) Hook would have proposed ideas like five-eighth and wing under the guise of it being a short-term plan and taking advantage of Hoffman's versatility instead of a way to keep him from playing fullback.

So he probably felt manipulated and lied to. I don't disagree with Hook moving Hoffman from fullback, but I can understand being upset if it happened similarly as described up above.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

Seriously though, I'd like to know what was meant with the "Wayne said he wasn't happy with how the club treated me" bit.
It must have been really harsh for Hoggman all that time at 5/8... or not letting him go with 2 years of his contract left to go.

I think he meant not releasing him last year after all the photography lessens from kasiano

M

Manbush

QCup Player
Aug 5, 2013

Your coach and admin denying it? So the only real question now is whether it's a 3 or 4 year deal
With the way the papers throw the Raiders name in for any player no idea if it's right or wrong, take Lui for example papers regularly had us linked despite members getting emails strongly denying it after a lot of threats to cancel memberships yet the papers continued. If a manager wants a players contract value increased just play the Raiders card, it's become manager 101. Raiders are chasing Stewart and Austin, have Wighton, so on paper even if get one of the two there's be no room for Hoffman, even if get neither of those two the Raiders would be better off without him.

edit:According to the SMH the Raiders have Austin so definitely no room for Hoffman. On the fans excitement over him no one believes he's Locky part 2, BUT he does have a lot of potential, was the tigers best player this year, improves the position we need most, should compliment Cornish and best of all should mean no more McGroan. A spine of 1. Wighton 6.Austin 7. Cornish 9.Hodgson is young with a lot of potential, vast improvement over what we've had for years.

Last edited:
Donald

Donald

QCup Player
Mar 25, 2013

At the end of the day if Hoffman was somebody who put team first he wouldnt be leaving. It obvious that he puts himself before the team and that isnt the type of player we want at the club.

It appears that everybody in the universe apart from Hoffman and maybe his manager can see that wing is his best position BUT no Hoggman wants to be fullback so he chucks a hissy fit and wants to leave. I say good riddens to him. He isnt a modern day fullbacks a..hole and never will be.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010

That article kind of makes it sound like Hoffmsn blew up about not playing fb, threatened to leave and Hook buckled and gave him a spot at 5/8.

I'm so glad Bennet is home.

Mosyzlak

Mosyzlak

QCup Player
Dec 14, 2013

I'd say it's the fact that the Broncos moved him out of fullback to accommodate Corey Norman, then recruited Barba who they gave fullback to over him then recruited Milford who makes it even harder to find a spot for him in the team. It would have to erode your confidence if your team keeps shunting you from your preferred position in favour of people who don't do the job as well as you can.

Add in that he was retained despite the above, that's what I think Bennett might be unhappy with.

I thought the comments from Josh in the article indicated he had a good attitude to the whole current situation and made me feel for him. Can't blame the guy for having a preferred position and chasing it, maybe the Dogkiwi's photos weren't the greatest act at the time but that was a while back now - I'm happy to move on from them.

animal eater

animal eater

QCup Player
Jul 27, 2013

I just shake my head and think" Josh... how much better would your life be in the world of the NRL had you put your head down, been the leagues leading try scorer over the last 3 years as a winger. Kids on the street would say" wow that Hoffman can sure get over the line, play tough defense and lead by example. I want to be just like him!" Instead it is a little three ring circus paved with hurt feelings and sadness. :violin:Well boo fricking hoo.

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008

Hoffman = Boyd

Talented juniors picked up by Brisbane system (and hence immediately overrated), generic, sort of fast but not lightning, safe under the high ball, no ball playing skills fullbacks/outside backs.

Boyd + opportunity at the right time > Hoffman

Boyd + Soward/Bennett, no Storm in 2010 = "premiership winning fullback"
Boyd + shortage of wingers + Greg Inglis = Leading tryscorer in State of Origin history (or thereabouts)

Hoffman - Gerrard Beale's knee = "premiership winning fullback"
Hoffman - NZ allegiances = Generic QLD winger

Boyd + papa Bennett = Goodbye Hoffman

john1420

john1420

It's Bronco Time
Contributor
Aug 27, 2008

The truth is, Josh doesn't just want the security of playing 1 position and improving his game

He wants the security of playing fullback and improving his game

Different things Josh

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008

He's not going to have the security of playing fullback anywhere. Even someone as pathetic as Griffin couldn't offer him that. He won't get it at the next most pathetic coach (Ricky) either, with Blake Austin being at Canberra next year.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

I'm well past the point of wishing he stays and plays wing. **** off already Hoffman. Go to Super League or something.

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008

I hope he stays and plays on the wing for us.

He's still a quality winger if he puts his mind to it.

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013

Hoffman = Boyd

Talented juniors picked up by Brisbane system (and hence immediately overrated), generic, sort of fast but not lightning, safe under the high ball, no ball playing skills fullbacks/outside backs.

Boyd + opportunity at the right time > Hoffman

Boyd + Soward/Bennett, no Storm in 2010 = "premiership winning fullback"
Boyd + shortage of wingers + Greg Inglis = Leading tryscorer in State of Origin history (or thereabouts)

Hoffman - Gerrard Beale's knee = "premiership winning fullback"
Hoffman - NZ allegiances = Generic QLD winger

Boyd + papa Bennett = Goodbye Hoffman

Maths is not my best subject, can you explain again :o_o:

Active Now

• heartly87
  • jd87
  • Fozz
  • barker
  • ChewThePhatt
  • BroncosAlways
  • Santa
  • Mr Fourex
  • mystico
  • Cavalo
  • Xzei
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • kman
  • winslow_wong
  • The Strapper
  • Wolfie
  • TwoLeftFeet
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.