Josh Hoffman signs 3 year deal with Titans

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Re: Josh Hoffman to negotiate with other clubs

So, apparently Hoffman might be switching to Australia after being snubbed by the Kiwis...again.

He will have to be happy playing wing, because there is no way he will ever be fullback.

I think he would even be lucky just to play on the wing..

Edit: Posted this in the wrong thread..

The only possible reason for that would be so he could play Origin. But like you said, even then it won't be at fullback!!!

The figure being thrown around is $600k by the Raiders. Which is hilarious but actually quite mild for what I expected they'd throw at him. What's the bet that Ricky said he wants Hoffman there because he's a future Origin player, which is what the Raiders need (apparently), and Josh thought "wait, yeah!!!".

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

The only possible reason for that would be so he could play Origin. But like you said, even then it won't be at fullback!!!

The figure being thrown around is $600k by the Raiders. Which is hilarious but actually quite mild for what I expected they'd throw at him. What's the bet that Ricky said he wants Hoffman there because he's a future Origin player, which is what the Raiders need (apparently), and Josh thought "wait, yeah!!!".

was reading the greenhouse forum before and they are all saying that there is no way the Raiders would offer Hoffman 600k a season and it is just News Ltd trash.

but the funniest thing i read on there was from Raidersawesome and i quote:

Why is it other teams are willing to release players , yet we want someone the other club digs in.

they shouldn't be crying about any team refusing to release players, when they don't release players

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

was reading the greenhouse forum before and they are all saying that there is no way the Raiders would offer Hoffman 600k a season and it is just News Ltd trash.

they shouldn't be crying about any team refusing to release players, when they don't release players

Yep. I know this is going to sound harsh but I don't know how else to say this. I honestly think some posters on there have some level of intellectual disability. Their lack of comprehension can't be explained any other way

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013

He can't play Origin because he's represented NZ. Is anyone else getting tired of his whinging?

According to the rules approved by the ARL Commission brought in in 2012; “to qualify for State of Origin you must be eligible and elect to play for Australia and have not represented another tier one nation at senior level (England/New Zealand)”.

HOFFMAN FUMING, CONSIDERING SWITCHING ALLEGIANCE | Rugby League Week

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013

Besides the obvious hypocrisy, who's digging in? He's been given permission to negotiate elsewhere! As if the Broncos would not release him to someone paying more than his current value, that way we're not subsidising.

Just... some people live in a bubble. A bubble filled with dumb.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013

He can't play Origin because he's represented NZ. Is anyone else getting tired of his whinging?

According to the rules approved by the ARL Commission brought in in 2012; “to qualify for State of Origin you must be eligible and elect to play for Australia and have not represented another tier one nation at senior level (England/New Zealand)”.

HOFFMAN FUMING, CONSIDERING SWITCHING ALLEGIANCE | Rugby League Week

DON'T TELL JOSH!!! Or Sticky.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

Besides the obvious hypocrisy, who's digging in? He's been given permission to negotiate elsewhere! As if the Broncos would not release him to someone paying more than his current value, that way we're not subsidising.

it was in the Hoffman thread, but he was actually talking about the Tigers not releasing Austin yet

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

Haha the ridiculous thing is they are referring to Austin and the tigers digging in. Due to how pathetic the raiders have become, Blake Austin has suddenly morphed from a hard-working yet average/good utility into the second coming of Darren Lockyer

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008

hoffmans manager talks alot of crap to the media. why would hoffman want this stuff going to the papers?

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

hoffmans manager talks alot of crap to the media. why would hoffman want this stuff going to the papers?

well if he is getting an offer of 600k he is doing a bloody good job for Hoffman

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

“I asked ‘Hook’ (Griffin) for a release and he probably took it the wrong way,” he said.

“He knew I had a passion to play fullback and I was a bit upset that he didn't have faith in me to get the job done.

“It wasn't a pretty situation. In the end, we made peace and there's no hard feelings, but I just wanted the security of playing in one position where I could be coached and improve myself as a player.”

You have been offered that repeatedly for the last 18 months Josh, it's called the wing.

Last edited:
Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008

“It hit me hard, I love the Broncos and it was hard to hear I could look around,” Hoffman told The Courier-Mail.

“I didn't see it coming. I was going to ask Wayne where I fitted into his plans with all the talk about Darius Boyd coming to the Broncos.

“Wayne clearly knew how I was feeling. I was at least grateful that he sat me down and was honest about where I stood at the club.

NRL season in 60 seconds1:04
“He said he wasn't happy with how the club treated me and if I had my heart set on playing fullback, I could look around because he couldn't guarantee that here.”

A veteran of 109 NRL games, Hoffman revealed he asked Griffin for a release after being shifted to the wing — despite the Broncos claiming he never wanted out.

“I asked ‘Hook’ (Griffin) for a release and he probably took it the wrong way,” he said.

“He knew I had a passion to play fullback and I was a bit upset that he didn't have faith in me to get the job done.

“It wasn't a pretty situation. In the end, we made peace and there's no hard feelings, but I just wanted the security of playing in one position where I could be coached and improve myself as a player.”

Josh Hoffman with Bulldogs players during the Rugby League World Cup. Source: Twitter
Hoffman will decide his future in the next fortnight, with the Bulldogs, Warriors, Dragons and Cronulla registering interest. The Raiders have been linked with Hoffman but have yet to table a formal offer.

“I don't feel like they are kicking me out the door,” he said.

“If nothing works out, there is still a spot for me here, but the reality is it doesn't look like I will play fullback at the Broncos.

“It's disappointing if I've played my last game for the club, but it's a professional game now and I'll do the best thing for my football and my young family.”

Put me down as a "fanboy" but I'm really liking everything I've seen from Bennett so far.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

Put me down as a "fanboy" but I'm really liking everything I've seen from Bennett so far.

What has Bennett done wrong from that article?

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014

He has had his chance to improve himself. He hasn't.

Time for him to go.

Active Now

• TwoLeftFeet
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Harry Sack
  • The Strapper
  • GCBRONCO
  • BroncosAlways
  • phoenix
  • bazza
  • Cavalo
  • Broncorob
  • davidp
  • Fatboy
  • Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.