Josh Hoffman signs 3 year deal with Titans

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Re: Josh Hoffman to negotiate with other clubs

Quality finishers on the wing is what we need.

We have centres, we have fullbacks, we have halves, but we don't have any quality finishers on the wing.

Exactly ... If we could have Boyd and Hoffman as our wingers to go with Hodges and Copley as our centers and Hunt and Milford in the halves. Then we could use Barba, K. Nikorima, or Kahu at fullback ...

And we would have the most dangerous back line in the comp

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008

I'm going to say something and I fully expect to be crucified for it ... but ...

I hope Hoffman can't find a club that wants him as a fullback.

I hope he is forced to stay with us and and play wing, where he dominated for most of the 2013 season.

I hope he has a chat with Yow Yeh and realizes that wing is not a second class position, but rather a vital position to finish off backline moves and score us points.

I hope he comes to enjoy playing wing.

I hope he realizes that playing wing for the Brisbane Broncos and getting paid well to do it is better than what most people have to do for a living ...

OK people, those are my thoughts, flame away.

Nah mate you won't get crucified for that mate, well balanced perspective IMO(which is what I think the majority of the forum likes to see). Yow Yeh could be a great influence for him, but I reckon you could also get someone like Michael Hancock to have a chat with him, you won't find many players in the clubs history prepared to make the necessary sacrifices and changes to his game for the best interests of the clubs and his own.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

I'm going to say something and I fully expect to be crucified for it ... but ...

I hope he is forced to stay with us and and play wing, where he dominated for most of the 2013 season.

I hope he has a chat with Yow Yeh and realizes that wing is not a second class position, but rather a vital position to finish off backline moves and score us points.

I hope he realizes that playing wing for the Brisbane Broncos and getting paid well to do it is better than what most people have to do for a living ...

No flaming from me, I also hope for all those things

Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013

1412747790.jpg
Foordy!!!!!!!!!!!!

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010

Thing is his ego might implode if no one gives him a guaranteed offer to play fullback.

This may or may not be a good thing.

Last edited:
john1420

john1420

It's Bronco Time
Contributor
Aug 27, 2008

No flaming here, except to say I like your post and that would be a flaming good outcome :)

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008

Beale has been pretty damn good in the centres for the Drags.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

I keep reading articles that clubs are trying to sign Hoffman to play CENTRE ... The Titans the latest club to apparently target him. I have no doubt this is to sell papers, because unless the money is huge, Hoffman won't leave us unless he is guaranteed fullback.

heres the comedy piece if anyone's interested:

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...broncos-fullback/story-fnp0lyn6-1227084156566

this was the funniest part of the article:

Should the Raiders secure Stewart at fullback, the club could still chase Hoffman as a five-eighth option

If Ricky signs Hoffman to play 5/8 then he is even stupider than Griffin ... at least when Griffin did it it hadn't been tried before ... if sticky does it, he will be doing something that has not only be tried before, but was found to be a complete disaster

Last edited:
Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013

I keep reading articles that clubs are trying to sign Hoffman to play CENTRE ... The Titans the latest club to apparently target him. I have no doubt this is to sell papers, because unless the money is huge, Hoffman won't leave us unless he is guaranteed fullback.

heres the comedy piece if anyone's interested:

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...broncos-fullback/story-fnp0lyn6-1227084156566

this was the funniest part of the article:

If Ricky signs Hoffman to play 5/8 then he is even stupider than Griffin ... at least when Griffin did it it hadn't been tried before ... if sticky does it, he will be doing something that has not only be tried before, but was found to be a complete disaster

AND, Hook only had one genuine half on the books.

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010

I hope Hoffman sticks around for the Boyd announcement, reality will set in that no club wants him to play fullback.

He'll be playing for the Mounties in no time if he goes to play 5/8 in Canberra.

Last edited:
Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008

As far as fullback goes, his best shot is probably at the Raiders. They might not be getting Austin, and Wighton isn't exactly settled there yet.

If he wants to play in the halves, he should check out ESL...or the Raiders, I guess Ricky could play him there too.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

i don't think he wants to play half ... that article also says he is determined to play fullback ...

its just the media spinning shit to sell papers yet again

J

johnny87

BRL Player
Nov 17, 2013

Error Page

Found this article. I can't see him going to the titans though

FaithinHook

FaithinHook

NRL Player
Jun 4, 2013

Error Page

Found this article. I can't see him going to the titans though

Nice find Johnno ,appreciate the link! Look, i'm not 100% sure what the likelihood of the following happening is, but , i have heard that Josh is planning to use tonites celebrations to make the announcement that he has had a change of mind and will now be staying with us next year and putting all he's efforts into cementing himself as the premiere winger in the game/world. It is believed Josh and Hook had a final and emotional heart to heart discussion before Anthony left he's/Waynes Red Hill office for the final time yesterday afternoon.

Perhaps 1910 could shed some light on this if he would care TO divulge his inside information?

Last edited:
broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

Nice find Johnno ,appreciate the link! Look, i'm not 100% sure what the likelihood of the following happening is, but , i have heard that Josh is planning to use tonites celebrations to make the announcement that he has had a change of mind and will now be staying with us next year and putting all he's efforts into cementing himself as the premiere winger in the game/world. It is believed Josh and Hook had a final and emotional heart to heart discussion before Anthony left he's/Waynes Red Hill office for the final time yesterday afternoon.

Perhaps 1910 could shed some light on this if he would care TO divulge his inside information?

Haha. so glad your back FiH... your posts are one of the best things about the off-season

Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013

Great work FIH. Have you been keeping an eye down at the fruit market, you never know who might turnip.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014

So, apparently Hoffman might be switching to Australia after being snubbed by the Kiwis...again.

He will have to be happy playing wing, because there is no way he will ever be fullback.

I think he would even be lucky just to play on the wing..

Edit: Posted this in the wrong thread..

Last edited:

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Harry Sack
  • Allo
  • Jedhead
  • Maroon4life
  • bert_lifts
  • Old Mate
  • Manofoneway
  • I bleed Maroon
  • KickHaas
  • winslow_wong
  • kman
  • thenry
  • bazza
  • Scorchie
  • Robboi_321
  • Waynesaurus
  • BroncosMan
  • Big Del
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.