Josh Hoffman

• Thread starter sydney_bronco09
  • Start date
sydney_bronco09 said:
clinton is useless. i can remember his dropping a ball on the first tackle of a penalty.

Good on you, could you possibly contribute something useful once in a while?

sydney_bronco09 said:
clinton is useless. i can remember his dropping a ball on the first tackle of a penalty.
All that establishes is that you have a memory of nearly 24 hours.

ethos said:
mick! said:
I think it'll be sooner than most think, ethos. Can't say whether I've heard a decent word about it... heh.

So in other words you have.. :P

I know he played lock in junior footy but I just can't see Hunt competing with the likes of Laffranchi, Mason, Watmough, Gallen etc in the backrow. Can't see him making 30+ takles per game either.

Such a big change positionally, the demands of a lock are totally different to that of a fullback.

i think he can. Obviously he has a bit to work on and get a proper tackling technique, and get outta the habit of going for the shoulder charge which achieves not alot, and has lead to a try to the opposition on occasions. But he's playing at what 94 or 96kg's now (when he started he was 86 i believe) he'll probly get to 98-100 over the of season. His fitness will change to suit the role aswell. He'll be fine there i think, but i'll miss seeing him at Fullback :cry:

Jeza23 said:
Hoffman was super last night, I dont think he really could have played better. He was one of our best players along with Corey and Clinton.

Get rid of Robinson, Hoffman has more speed and skill than him and he can actually catch a high ball! Something that Robinson doesnt seem to be able to do very well if at all.

Excellent point. IMO, Robinson has now shown he isn't up to scratch, whereas Hoffman is an emerging star.

Hoffman was such a breath of fresh air. I was really impressed with him, had a fantastic debut. He handlesthe pressure brilliantly and showed he's a tough boy, even though he is little....

Reminded me of Hunt and Bowen combined. A definate keeper. Good luck to him. I think if he is nurtured well, he will be a brilliant player icon_thumbs_u

I like the look of him as well! Looks like a keeper.

knowing that there are good players in the qld cup and under 20's you think ppl like robinson would be looking over there shoulder and playing great each round. or maybe he knows he just wont get dropped.

spoonbled said:
knowing that there are good players in the qld cup and under 20's you think ppl like robinson would be looking over there shoulder and playing great each round. or maybe he knows he just wont get dropped.

I'd like to see Hoffman get a go in place of Robinson.

Me too. Robinson needs to find form in the QLD cup for a while.

In the Courier Mail this morning it says that the REDS could be interested in Josh Hoffman. If so we better sigin him up he has a huge future.

If Hoffman somehow sees a telecast of a union match, and the role of the outside backs therein, he'll re-sign with us. Guaranteed!

mick! said:
If Hoffman somehow sees a telecast of a union match, and the role of the outside backs therein, he'll re-sign with us. Guaranteed!
Damn, no grammatical errors for me to pedantically pick up on [icon_wink [icon_lol1.

mick! said:

Or he could just watch a reds match.

I understand everyone has an off night but i think forumites need to be a bit more realistic when assessing the talents and current worth of new players. If everyone has a read of this thread and then watches a replay of the game tonight i think they will realise they have jumped the gun. It's something ive noticed a fair bit on this forum, and it goes both ways.... writing off players on just one performance as well.

No doubt a talented player, but he's had his taste of first grade for the year now IMO. Time for him to go back to reggies and work on a few things and concentrate on improving himself for a shot at the wing next year.

Agreed. But then again Hunt had similar (if not worse) defensive problems back when he started. We've stuck with him...and he became great.

Still, I like Hoffman, but there isn't really any room for him in the side anymore, once our players come back. Hopefully he'll continue to improve for the next season, and show us what he's really got then.

I saw enough in Hoffman in his debut to know he'll be a success if he keeps working hard.

Tonights game has not changed my opinion at all.

It was his second game. Very slippery conditions. No real organisers in the team.

ningnangnong said:
I saw enough in Hoffman in his debut to know he'll be a success if he keeps working hard.

Tonights game has not changed my opinion at all.

It was his second game. Very slippery conditions. No real organisers in the team.

i agree

Robinson played well tonight, however on Josh, he had a couple of scares....one of which led to a panthers try but that is going to happen occasionally...even to the great fullbacks!

We need to give the kid a chance and perserve with him, he will only get better

Unread

Active Now

• levikaden
  • Fozz
  • broncsgoat
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • Mister Wright
  • Fitzy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.