Josh Hoffman

• Thread starter sydney_bronco09
  • Start date
Alec said:
I wouldn't mind seeing Hoffman at the back when Hunt moves to 5/8th.

No offence - but Hunt is no 5/8 - unlike my prior views. He has absolutely no ball playing skills.

Hoffman - yeah, I reckon in time, an excellent FB.

We'd better find a 5/8 soon to eventually replace Locky.

IMO, Hunt should make a star back rower.

The Rock said:
I wouldn't say he has NO ball playing skills. Sure, he's not a naturally talented ball player but he is a smart player who has no problems chiming into the attack and setting up a perfectly executed play with a good pass.

In saying that, I think what we need in a 5/8 is a naturally talented ball player and Hunt isn't that.

Agreed - but for mine, Hunt isn't an organizer/visionary like Locky or the true great 5/8's.

He's more the 2nd last link in an an attacking move after the opportunity has been created - and I reckon a great 5/8 is one who can create those opportunities.

rnabokov said:
The Rock said:
I wouldn't say he has NO ball playing skills. Sure, he's not a naturally talented ball player but he is a smart player who has no problems chiming into the attack and setting up a perfectly executed play with a good pass.

In saying that, I think what we need in a 5/8 is a naturally talented ball player and Hunt isn't that.

Agreed - but for mine, Hunt isn't an organizer/visionary like Locky or the true great 5/8's.

He's more the 2nd last link in an an attacking move.

A team only really needs one main organizer though, and that's why we bought Wallace. I think Hunt has enough ball playing skills, and he just needs time (like an offseason) to adjust to playing at 5/8th.

Alec said:
rnabokov said:
The Rock said:

A team only really needs one main organizer though, and that's why we bought Wallace. I think Hunt has enough ball playing skills, and he just needs time (like an offseason) to adjust to playing at 5/8th.

2 are better than 1?

IMO, Wallace can organize the forwards, and can be a very handy kicker.

Locky is so good because he can organize both forwards and backs - as well as size up the situation and kick.

For mine, Hunt is far from that. I'd rather see him in the back row or stay at FB.

rnabokov said:
Alec said:
rnabokov said:
The Rock said:

2 are better than 1?

IMO, Wallace can organize the forwards, and can be a very handy kicker.

Locky is so good because he can organize both forwards and backs - as well as size up the situation and kick.

For mine, Hunt is far from that. I'd rather see him in the back row or stay at FB.

2 organizers would just clash with each other. There are always numerous people who call the plays but there is always just the one guy who guides the side.

It's kind of why people don't think Ennis and Wallace are a good pairing together. Both are natural organizers, and they clash a bit. It's also why Cam Smith wasn't as effective this origin series - he was training with Scott Prince being the main organizer.

Re. your post Alec - clash only if they're egomaniacs or the game plan is dumb.

And that's precisely the dumb reason the Maroons selectors gave for not selecting Prince with Thurston - and we know how dumb that turned out.

And Rocky's post is the real deal I reckon.

The Rock said:
IMO, Hunt should always stay at Fullback unless someone can do a better job than what Hunt is doing at the moment. (Which is going to be difficult to do)

Yeah, I'll be happy with that too. But I'd still prefer Hunt at 5/8th to Hunt at Lock.

Alec -

Ennis an organizer?

The only thing he organizers is his ego.

lachlan coote is better than hoffman, fark that kid is a superstar! He's Fa kin su pa!

lachlan coote. wow the kid has confidence beyond his years. all i saw was him putting his hand up to ATTEMPT to win a game and squandered every chance.

Alec said:
It's kind of why people don't think Ennis and Wallace are a good pairing together. Both are natural organizers, and they clash a bit. It's also why Cam Smith wasn't as effective this origin series - he was training with Scott Prince being the main organizer.

Cam smith was outstanding in game 2 and 3 IMO.

levikade said:
lachlan coote. wow the kid has confidence beyond his years. all i saw was him putting his hand up to ATTEMPT to win a game and squandered every chance.
[icon_lol1. that's what i thought.....

Unread

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Turks85
  • Lozza
  • broncsgoat
  • Rookie Alan
  • theshed
  • GCBRONCO
  • Xzei
  • Fitzy
  • Sproj
  • Evander
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.