NEWS Judiciary: Live blog - Carrigan Four Week Suspension

Sharks contact NRL after tackle overlooked.

Cronulla have sought an explanation from the NRL as to why South Sydney forward Tevita Tatola was not sanctioned for the hip-drop tackle that left Will Kennedy with a serious ankle injury.

Lets see what BS the NRL come up with.

Cronulla have sought an explanation from the NRL as to why South Sydney forward Tevita Tatola was not sanctioned for the hip-drop tackle that left Will Kennedy with a serious ankle injury.

My guess is nothing at all.

Our forwards last night looked a shadow of their former selves without Patty in the team.

It is plainly obvious that Pat is the leader of the forwards and drives them around the park accordingly.

How do we say that it's because Tatola plays for a team we like without saying it is because Tatola plays for a team we like...

I love how this is all over the media TODAY and not Sunday when Tatola wasn't charged. If there had've been a few days of uproar before Pat's date with the judiciary there's no way they could have simultaneously made an example of him AND cleared Tatola. Should have made Annersley explain it on Monday.

I don't know who to blame for this. Our club for not making a big song-and-dance? The NSW-centric media for ignoring it? The Sharks for not kicking up a stink?

whatever BS the NRL came up with confused Fitzgibbon, he said:

"It's getting difficult to understand," Sharks coach Craig Fitzgibbon said on Friday.

"I didn't understand the explanation but it is what it is. We move on.

"You really don't want to get stuck and dwell on what you can't control. All I can control is the team that's going to play this weekend.
"But we lose a good player and an important part of our team for an extended period and there's no charge."

Strange the media hasn't gone on about the Brandon Smith tackle no less than 1 week after the media campaign to rub the hip drop out of the game and make an example out of anyone that does it.....

Well done nrl...

Could you imagine if a broncos player did a hip drop though lol....

Strange the media hasn't gone on about the Brandon Smith tackle no less than 1 week after the media campaign to rub the hip drop out of the game and make an example out of anyone that does it.....

Well done nrl...

Smith's tackle was much, much worse.

I'm holding fire until I see what he's charged with this morning.

Well done nrl...

Lolol.

Bellamy: “I just hope it gets judged on the tackle, not some of the hysteria that has gone on this week,” Bellamy said. “That is all we ask.

“If you go on one last week, but how many has there been? If there is one in however many games since the last one. “Pat Carrigan doesn’t go out on the field to break Hastings’ legs, they are an accident.”

“I don’t see it as a real big issue in the game, but I understand that it can injure people, but there hasn’t been a whole heap this year I don’t think. “I just hope it gets judged on that and not on it being in the news a lot this week.”

Parker:
“We watched it in full speed live, Brandon Smith is just making the tackle and he falls off the tackle and the fact Tino went on that out line dragged Brandon Smith along with him,” Parker said. “When you slow it all down to the enth degree like we do it doesn’t look great, but he’s just hanging on.

“If you don’t want to end up in that position then Brandon Smith has to let go of the tackle, otherwise what does he do, it’s a complete accident. “I don’t see it as a genuine hip drop like we saw with Pat Carrigan last week. If he’s not to end up in that position, he needs to let go which completely goes against everything we talk about in rugby league.

Ennis: “All the talk this week was two players holding the man up then that third tackler coming in and showing no duty of care, I don’t like the position that Tino gets in at the end but I’m not sure what else Brandon Smith could do there other than let go of the tackle,” Ennis said.

“Do we put that down to the duty of care? Is that where we’re going? Maybe we have to, where we’re eliminating players from getting in that position. “That was a real difficult one, he just ended up in that unfortunate position Brandon Smith and I’m not sure what else he could have done.”

So over Parker & Ennis being so against us.

By the reports Parker was a complete arsehole to up & coming players when he was a senior player, no wonder Kevvie didn't want him.

Can someone elbow them in the throat & crush their laryngitis

tino lucky that the tackler up top didnt drive him back over smith or it could have been all sorts of pain

Lolol.

Bellamy: “I just hope it gets judged on the tackle, not some of the hysteria that has gone on this week,” Bellamy said. “That is all we ask.

“If you go on one last week, but how many has there been? If there is one in however many games since the last one. “Pat Carrigan doesn’t go out on the field to break Hastings’ legs, they are an accident.”

“I don’t see it as a real big issue in the game, but I understand that it can injure people, but there hasn’t been a whole heap this year I don’t think. “I just hope it gets judged on that and not on it being in the news a lot this week.”

Parker:
“We watched it in full speed live, Brandon Smith is just making the tackle and he falls off the tackle and the fact Tino went on that out line dragged Brandon Smith along with him,” Parker said. “When you slow it all down to the enth degree like we do it doesn’t look great, but he’s just hanging on.

“If you don’t want to end up in that position then Brandon Smith has to let go of the tackle, otherwise what does he do, it’s a complete accident. “I don’t see it as a genuine hip drop like we saw with Pat Carrigan last week. If he’s not to end up in that position, he needs to let go which completely goes against everything we talk about in rugby league.

Ennis: “All the talk this week was two players holding the man up then that third tackler coming in and showing no duty of care, I don’t like the position that Tino gets in at the end but I’m not sure what else Brandon Smith could do there other than let go of the tackle,” Ennis said.

“Do we put that down to the duty of care? Is that where we’re going? Maybe we have to, where we’re eliminating players from getting in that position. “That was a real difficult one, he just ended up in that unfortunate position Brandon Smith and I’m not sure what else he could have done.”
I honestly hate Parker, like more than I ever have hated Tallis. Both actively hate on the club that made them and they captained but you can understand Tallis reasons far more. Parker has basically done it for media clout and extra gobbies from his mate Ennis.

Fucking scumbag, should never be recognised by the club again. Although he ‘bleeds Bronco’ fucking spare me.

To be honest they are different. Although the mechanisms were basically the same, Smith was the first man to make contact - Patty came in with force when 2 players already had Hastings held up.

Patty should’ve just done enough to throw him off balance and put him down instead of essentially dropping his body weight on the back of the knees.

Smith went for the hips, swung and landed on the back of the knees and then the 2nd defender came in. Smith couldn’t have reasonably done more to avoid that without just not completing the tackle where as Patty, while still accidentalcould have shown more regard for safety.

I don’t think the difference is as severe as 4 games suspension v 0. Whether Patty should’ve got less or Smith more I’m uncertain but if I had to quantify it I would say Patty’s is about 2 games worse than whatever Smith got.

An analogy would be Smith aquaplaning into a person despite driving to the conditions while Patty did the same but was going 10km over the speed limit.

I do hope the club issues a very public "please explain" from the NRL, but I expect crickets.

Same for the talking heads in the media, they should be asking all sorts of questions but I predict they will touch on it and move on.

"Let's make an example out of this guy!! Yeah!! That'll show them!!" Aaaaaand nothing for the next bloke to do the same.

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • lynx000
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Xzei
  • Broncosarethebest
  • marw
  • RolledOates
  • Browny
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.