Junior Soccer

Russo

Russo

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Not sure if you guys will be interested or not but thought I would fill you in on my young fellows exploits on the footy fields each weekend. If you aren't interested let me know and I'll stop posting but if you are I'll give you a brief run down each week

Did I mention that I am also coaching both their sides for the first time this year, not my first time coaching as have coached Hayden the youngest in the past.

Ok first off Hayden who is Under 10's and plays for the Brisbane Wolves Sharks. They played our next door neighbours Bayside Brazil and we had a 8 to 1 win. A good team performance with my focus being on teamwork for these guys who play on half a full sized field. Haydos got 3 goals and bossed the midfield.

Connor plays Under 12's and he plays full field and Connor is a stopper. His team had a 3 to nil win over Western Spirit. The boys played great but struggled in the heat and with injuries with Hayden even having to a make cameo appearance due to us running out of regular reserves.

So all up a winning start to the season, for both the boys and also Coach Geoff icon_thumbs_u

Nice one Russo. Are they both Spurs supporters as well mate?

Little Luka Hayden is but Connor is Manure......unfortunately

Oh dear, well give it time and you might convert him haha

Good to hear they are loving their football though

Well, if it isn't Geoff Redknapp. [icon_razz1

Nice work there Russo, good start to the season.

Shame about one of the young fellas supporting the Mancs though. [icon_non

Bayside dont seem very Brazil like lol.

Quick update, Hayden's team won 8 - 2 he got another 3 goals playing from centre midfield. Connor's club team won 3-0 with Connor a late arrival to the game as he was playing for his school on the other side of Brisbane. He started in his usual stopper position but then had to move back and play sweeper when the regular boy got hurt, went well to snuffing out many opportunities from Qld Lions.
As for his school game, I did not see it but they won 6-0 and he played left midfield in that game as he is pretty handy kicking with both feet and they have plenty of fullbacks, but all good experience. He scored a great goal apparantly according to him (his Mum was hiding in the car from the torrential rain that came over on the northside during the game).
So coach russo still has a 100% record, but play some other undefeated teams this weekend so should be good measuring stick as to how we are going and will fare for the season ahead.

going undefeated? Thats not very Tottenham-like Russo :P

good job man!

Well what a day Saturday still have not recovered, but we are still undefeated.

Started at 7.30am had to run Connor down to Iona for his game where he had a 3-1 win over churchie. Had to leave him there (his Mum picked him up) and race Haydos down to Logan for a 9am game where they had another win 7-3 with Hayden getting the usual bag of 3 goals and MOTM. Had a bit of a run-in with the Logan coach, felt so sorry for his Under 10 kids the verbal abuse he was dishing out to them was disgusting, making the win all the more pleasurable, Hayden sporting a fat lip from one of their kids punching him after Hayden 'snapped' him for the uptenth time in the game.

Then was back to Wynnum for a development training session for Hayden, home to grab the camper trailer and finish packing the car for the weekend away camping, and off to Mooroondu (Birkdale) for Connor game. They played another undefeated team in a great game, was 1 nil to us until 10 to go and they got a goal after we had dominated the game. The boys fought hard and got a free kick outside the box which we scored from after the ball came off the wall and the free kick taker drilled it home the second time, a great 2-1 win.

And off to the coast camping, a busy busy soccer day but I remember Mum and Dad doing it for me and love doing it now for the boys.......till next week Coach Russo out...........COYS !!!!!

A quite weekend this weekend, with Connor's club team having a bye. His school team had a 12-nil win over Nudgee Junior.

My under 10 boys had a hard game finally in a really high quality game out at Redlands winning 3-1 with Haydos getting the last goal with a couple of minutes to go to seal it for us. Had a laugh at the wife who commented to me after the game " I hate those close games where it is 2-1, I was so nervous". I replied to her well lucky you don't support Spurs like us as we get that from them every week hahaha.

12-nil??

Meh. Rugby is the sport for Nudgee. If you can't make the rugby teams (even I made the F team!) then you can play on the soccer team.

I meant Junior, sorry. I didn't go to Senior.

Haven't updated this for a while so a quick update
Hayden's Under 10 team are still undefeated, beat the other undefeated team which was a development team from Morroondu the other week 4-3 in a high high quality game.
Connor's Under 12's have turned their season around beating in one week the top undeafeted team 1 nil, the bottom team 4-2 and then the second team 2 nil all in 7 days to know be second on the table. His school season went to crap at the end of the year.

Taking my Under 10's to a day long carnival tomorrow so that will be an experience for them and me, will let you know how we go later.

Active Now

• Skathen
  • broncsgoat
  • mitch222
  • FACTHUNT
  • Robboi_321
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Mustafur
  • Broncosgirl
  • Fatboy
  • Sproj
  • Skyblues87
  • Battler
  • Foordy
  • Stix
  • thenry
  • RolledOates
  • Culhwch
  • Bronco bob
  • bert_lifts
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.