Justin Hodges - Achilles

B

bb_gun

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 23, 2013
JUSTIN Hodges has confirmed he will make himself available for Queensland next year after consulting American basketball outfit LA Lakers to speed up his recovery from a snapped Achilles.

No Cookies | The Courier-Mail

Then we seriously need to sign Vidot 'cause I expect we'll be without Hodges for another 2/3rds of the season. I personally think that the Origin ship sailed for him this year, he went out on a high and would've been remembered as an origin great, now he risks playing on and dwindling in form due to age and pre-existing injuries.

Don't get me wrong, I love Hodges and I hope he proves me false but we need him more at club level than we do at state/national.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Then we seriously need to sign Vidot 'cause I expect we'll be without Hodges for another 2/3rds of the season.

Why.....Corey Oates, Dale Copely and Jordon Kahu are all better options IMO.

B

bb_gun

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 23, 2013

They are all good, solid options but I still feel that Vidot has the potential to be great, he seems to have matured a lot since his time at the Raiders so hopefully we sign him up and he trains his ass off and starts living up to his potential. I also think that Hoffman is as good as gone, whether it's this coming season or the season after that I'm not too sure but we need to start looking a decent depth signings and Vidot would definitely fill that role for us.

On a side note, what has Copely suddenly done that has everyone singing his praises? Sure he's better than Maranta and he did a few decent things in 2012 but he was fairly rubbish in 2011 and having a year out with injury wouldn't have helped his development at all. Maybe I am remembering him wrong...

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
They are all good, solid options but I still feel that Vidot has the potential to be great, he seems to have matured a lot since his time at the Raiders so hopefully we sign him up and he trains his ass off and starts living up to his potential. I also think that Hoffman is as good as gone, whether it's this coming season or the season after that I'm not too sure but we need to start looking a decent depth signings and Vidot would definitely fill that role for us.

On a side note, what has Copely suddenly done that has everyone singing his praises? Sure he's better than Maranta and he did a few decent things in 2012 but he was fairly rubbish in 2011 and having a year out with injury wouldn't have helped his development at all. Maybe I am remembering him wrong...

I think maranta put him
Into perspective lol

BroncosAlways

BroncosAlways

NRL Captain
Contributor
Jun 20, 2013
Wasn't Copley's nickname Casper because he went missing in defence ?

Still better than Maranta though

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011

Agree'd with Oates potentially, Kahu is still a myth and we don't know how Copely will be returning from injury.

KingWebcke

KingWebcke

QCup Player
Aug 4, 2013

I thought Copley was going really well by the end of 2012. plus we all know he has the potential based on what he showed as a junior.

He isn't the 'great white hope' in the back line but he was a decent player. he just seems to be dreadfully unlucky with injuries.

Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay

QCup Player
Jun 5, 2013
Copley was easily our best player at taking hit ups in our own 20m in 2012. He routinely made 9-10 metres on runs where our other backs would only make 5-6, which was the key for breaking the opposition's defensive momentum. The rest of his game was coming along decently as well, but those early-set hit ups are why I'd have him over Kahu.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013

I agree with all of this. Vidot certainly has the most potential out of all of them (Oates hasn't played enough to gauge). And Copley never impressed me. Yeah he was better than Maranta but that's a very low yardstick.

KingWebcke

KingWebcke

QCup Player
Aug 4, 2013
are we talking potential as a winger or centre though? Vidot has plenty of potential as a winger but Copley and Oates could offer more elsewhere too

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
are we talking potential as a winger or centre though? Vidot has plenty of potential as a winger but Copley and Oates could offer more elsewhere too

Vidot's size would mean that he could develop in to a fantastic centre, he'd need more work than the others but still has more potential that Copley in both positions.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012

....maybe.

I remember him in 2011 starting off pretty badly......but finishing the season pretty well.

2012 had him IMO, getting better and better with each game he played.

Obviously injuries has taken a lot of shine off that......and it could be a case of him starting off back at ground zero with his confidence.

I guess I'm not quite getting into the wankfest over Vidiot as much as some of you......

KingWebcke

KingWebcke

QCup Player
Aug 4, 2013
Vidot's size would mean that he could develop in to a fantastic centre, he'd need more work than the others but still has more potential that Copley in both positions.

I don't think size is all that important. players who are 100+ kilos and brutishly strong are as common as muck in the NRL and lower levels but very few are fantastic centres. Wrapping Vidot as a potentially fantastic centre based on his size seems like the wishful thinking that leads people to label any youngster who can throw a cut-out pass as the next star halfback.

I think other skills like positioning (in attack and defence), the ability to run good lines, good footwork and the ability to draw defenders and put your winger away are way more important. maybe Vidot has all those but I haven't seen much of them.

....maybe.

I remember him in 2011 starting off pretty badly......but finishing the season pretty well.

2012 had him IMO, getting better and better with each game he played.

Obviously injuries has taken a lot of shine off that......and it could be a case of him starting off back at ground zero with his confidence.

I guess I'm not quite getting into the wankfest over Vidiot as much as some of you......

that's pretty much how I remember Copley too. He really struggled early on but Hook showed faith in him and he was starting to reward that faith before he got injured.

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
Does any one think justin should play at five-eight?

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013
We only need Vidot for depth. He would be lucky to make the team at full strength on the last couple of years performances.
the only way Vidot would make centre ahead of Copley is for Copley to be injured. Just because Vidot can make centre at the Dragons does not make him a centre, at present he is a very inconsistent winger

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
We only need Vidot for depth. He would be lucky to make the team at full strength on the last couple of years performances.
the only way Vidot would make centre ahead of Copley is for Copley to be injured. Just because Vidot can make centre at the Dragons does not make him a centre, at present he is a very inconsistent winger

Vidot's best has been better than Copley's. and Copley had a much longer and unbroken run of games to develop his skills & combinations. Vidot spent most games outside an out of position backrower (two of them in fact) and getting service from a 30+ year old hooker masquerading as a half, and a rookie.

Active Now

• teampjta
  • Foordy
  • Brocko
  • Galah
  • Bish
  • Midean
  • jd87
  • Wolfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.