International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
JustinHodges.jpg

Say that again.

lockyer

lockyer

BRL Player
Jul 31, 2013
i hope this means no more rep stuff if he even comes back at all, i applaud what he has done of late being the only go to man but ive never really been a fan, he gets most days off training just to make it to the field, times ticking

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
Sad days. He was building again for an awesome run.

That early first half scrum play from the Dugan knock on under the bomb, he called Drew in to take the first hit up off the scrum, and got Thaiday to sell it to him. It looked like Hodges was the veteran telling the young guy to go in for his first hit up.

BAM - psych - go the Hodges short side and almost scored (if it was anyone other than Brett Morris, I'd say he would have).

Has been the heart and soul of the team. One of the last "old boys" around from the good old days. I just dunno how he's ever going to come back from the guzillianth long term injury and get back to his best.

Dat try in SOO 3...

KingWebcke

KingWebcke

QCup Player
Aug 4, 2013
Good god. I felt a bit broken inside when I saw him go down. Not only because it must be devastating for him and the Broncos but because it means I might have to watch Josh Morris or Michael Jennings playing for Australia in the World Cup.

It isn't that they are from NSW that bothers me. it is the fact that they are shit.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
baby-crying.jpg

Please... will you guys stop posting pics of his glory days? He's not dead. He will come back. He's gotta come back. He's just gotta.

On the negative side, last time it took until a few rounds in to the 2011 season for him to come back, and he still wasn't right for most of the year. So it's entirely possible it's a 12+ month injury. Though he has done it before, and any mistakes they may have made in rushing him back last time would have him & the medics fully aware. I think if anything he'll be mentally stronger this time.

On the plus side, we have had approximately 50% more Hodges this year than I expected and we were all told to expect. Remember late last year the Broncos were saying that they'd have to 'manage' his body for the rest of his career - potentially causing him to skip every 2nd game in order for him to adequately recover. Well we not only got a decent set of consecutive games from him this year, but he played a winning role in Origin and was playing some of his best football since '05 - '07. You have to be grateful for that.

B

bb_gun

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 23, 2013
I also thought Brett Morris not laying a shoulder into Hodges when he went down was a sportsmanlike move.

I kind of wish he had. Using his God-like abilities Hodges could have absorbed Morris' body into his own (not gay) and instantly repaired his Achilles and Hamstrings to 100% functionality, thus rising bigger and stronger (still not gay) than ever before!

Seriously though, we’re going to miss him.

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • Bucking Beads
  • Bish
  • Galah
  • FACTHUNT
  • Aldo
  • Stix
  • Swordfish
  • Allo
  • Seibs
  • BroncosAlways
  • Brocko
  • broncos4life
  • Fozz
  • I bleed Maroon
  • LittleDavey
  • mieko
  • MrMoore
  • Justwin
  • Harry Sack
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.