NEWS Kahu set to return to Broncos after short stint at Cowboys

You know what I mean Sproj

OK so I'll make it clearer.......in the hope he would gain an acceptable offer

The point remains, Brisbane made the only choice they could that gave them some hope of getting rid of him, and that's not good enough for some people

You know what would be good enough for me? Not signing an injury prone, surplus player to a 400k deal in the first place. That’s what is good enough for me.

You can’t really blame Kahu. $400k was the best deal he could get. Of course he is going to take it up that option.

Boyd and Kahu soaking up so much of our cap is a terrible position to be in for next year though. Yikes.

Last edited:
You know what would be good enough for me? Not signing an injury prone, surplus player to a 400k deal in the first place. That’s what is good enough for me.
Fair call.

And releasing him was a good call too. A clean out all at once was the right move even if you HAD to give him that clause to get rid of him.

I still maintain the original deal was the bit that fucked us. At the time it seemed like a good deal, but then in came issako.

You can’t really blame Kahu. $400k was the best deal he could get. Of course he is going to take it up that option.

Boyd and Kahu soaking up so much of our cap is a terrible position to be in for next year though. Yikes.

How did jordon kahu ever attract 400k... he’d solid at best and had a decent season in 2015. But after that I don’t even remember him scoring many tries or making any line breaks.

How did jordon kahu ever attract 400k... he’d solid at best and had a decent season in 2015. But after that I don’t even remember him scoring many tries or making any line breaks.

Because that’s the way things go at the Brisbane Justagame’s

He was the only thing resembling a goal kicker before last year.

No argument there :)

I'm not trying to be a contrarian here but I'm happy he's back. I hope he brings his Cows form with him. I'm not saying he's fantastic but I thought he played quite well this season though I admit I didn't see a lot of him but what I did see was solid. If we have to pay him anyway he might cover an unforeseen gap during 2020.

I'm not trying to be a contrarian here but I'm happy he's back. I hope he brings his Cows form with him. I'm not saying he's fantastic but I thought he played quite well this season though I admit I didn't see a lot of him but what I did see was solid. If we have to pay him anyway he might cover an unforeseen gap during 2020.
Kahu certainly offers a lot more than Boyd

Kahu certainly offers a lot more than Boyd
They are both reasonable defenders and Boyd was certainly a bit more reliable under the high ball but I think Kahu would offer a bit more in attack so much of a muchness for mine. Never know, both may surprise us in 2020. Let's hope, hey?

He was on the outer before he left for Cowboys I just don't see how he is used for anything other then injury cover.

Unless Isaako goes FB and then he puts Kahu on his wing, but I would prefer giving guys like Coates or Niu a chance even before him.

I didn't think Kahu was that good for the cows at all and he still maintained his ability to get random injuries and miss games. Dude is injury prone AF. I don't see what he can provide that we don't have from our youngsters.

Realistically, one of backline goes down - who are we more interested in seeing? A busted 28yo who openly admits he is only here to be paid and be rehabbed, or a youngster that wants to be around, wants to play for the club and wants to earn his keep - Farnworth/Coates/Perese etc. There is zero benefit to playing a guy for a handful of games (in this scenario) over playing a youngster.

@Huge while I agree in theory, the fact that he will be unable to even play for a large chunk of the season tips this into the shit signing category for me.

Last edited:
They are both reasonable defenders and Boyd was certainly a bit more reliable under the high ball but I think Kahu would offer a bit more in attack so much of a muchness for mine. Never know, both may surprise us in 2020. Let's hope, hey?
Kahu appears to put in more effort than Boyd and does not go into tackles half heartedly which I guess has resulted in some of his recent injuries. If he can stay fit he will be an asset plus adds experience to the squad.

I didn't think Kahu was that good for the cows at all and he still maintained his ability to get random injuries and miss games. Dude is injury prone AF. I don't see what he can provide that we don't have from our youngsters.

Realistically, one of backline goes down - who are we more interested in seeing? A busted 28yo who openly admits he is only here to be paid and be rehabbed, or a youngster that wants to be around, wants to play for the club and wants to earn his keep - Farnworth/Coates/Perese etc. There is zero benefit to playing a guy for a handful of games (in this scenario) over playing a youngster.
Err, openly admits to wanting to be paid or rehabbed?
@Huge while I agree in theory, the fact that he will be unable to even play for a large chunk of the season tips this into the shit signing category for me.
Don't know about a huge chunk but what do we do about a decision made two years ago? We make the best of it is what we do. If his shoulder comes up okay which is likely we'll have someone to drop into the team should Boyd fail. I'm looking on the bright side here. Kahu won't be a champion but equally he won't let us down and is experienced. Besides that, it's a great time to use him because he's playing for another contract(somewhere, anywhere) I'd argue he'll be putting in his best effort and we might be the beneficiary.

Err, openly admits to wanting to be paid or rehabbed?
Both. Either way, he is of little use to us. No upside to keeping him.

But I know we have to so it's no use complaining. I would just much rather use a youngster than him if there's an injury.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Stix
  • Morkel
  • Fitzy
  • Financeguy
  • Broncosgirl
  • Wolfie
  • Hurrijo
  • Culhwch
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Old Mate
  • Bucking Beads
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Dash
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.