NEWS Kahu set to return to Broncos after short stint at Cowboys

**** what a dipshit. I get it, but doesn't mean I respect it. The club has put nothing up on the website so does that indicate their unhappy. Just pay him his shillings and chuck him in reserve grade.

He is a joke and is just another symptom of the disease thats infested the club. Maybe Tallis is right about these numpties thinking their big time when their just living off old glory.

No good news for next year so far.

It’s so many shillings though for someone who hasn’t done anything in the game really...

**** what a dipshit. I get it, but doesn't mean I respect it. The club has put nothing up on the website so does that indicate their unhappy. Just pay him his shillings and chuck him in reserve grade.

He is a joke and is just another symptom of the disease thats infested the club. Maybe Tallis is right about these numpties thinking their big time when their just living off old glory.

The only thing saving us from total embarrassment on the ladder is Fifi and Haas and the dollars they’re on. They should be receiving close to the million dollars Boyd and Kahu alone are leeching, instead they have to carry the team on a pittance while the jokes of the NRL collect the cash.

i prefer to look at it this way ...

Kahu will be playing for his future in 2020 ... and that will only be good for us.

he is a decent versatile player that we'll be glad to have if we get the same backline injury/form crisis that we had this year ... and on top of that he will need to impress potential suitors for 2021

Its a bit sad for Jordy and i actually feel sorry for the bloke in some respects. Its a bit of a no win situation for him. He has to come back to a club that doesnt want him because thats where his best money is, but it makes him look like a bit of a mercenary when all he is doing is looking out for his and his families best interests.

i prefer to look at it this way ...

Kahu will be playing for his future in 2020 ... and that will only be good for us.

he is a decent versatile player that we'll be glad to have if we get the same backline injury/form crisis that we had this year ... and on top of that he will need to impress potential suitors for 2021
You prefer to look at it a different way than what just came straight from the horse's mouth?

You prefer to look at it a different way than what just came straight from the horse's mouth?

where did he say he wasn't playing for his future in 2020?

I don't recall him announcing his retirement at the end of 2020

Last edited:
The only thing saving us from total embarrassment on the ladder is Fifi and Haas and the dollars they’re on. They should be receiving close to the million dollars Boyd and Kahu alone are leeching, instead they have to carry the team on a pittance while the jokes of the NRL collect the cash.

Haas is 19 and on 600k a year

where did he say he wasn't playing for his future in 2020?

I don't recall him announcing his retirement at the end of 2020
Can you link me to a source from any player ever that said they were playing for their future?

Can you link me to a source from any player ever that said they were playing for their future?

that is implied in the final years of players contracts ...

you're the one who claimed my view differs from that of Kahu. so up to you to show that it does.

right now Kahu has no contract for 2021, so unless he plans to retire at the end of next season, then it is a given he is playing for his future. thinking anything else is just being negative for the sake of being negative (and there is enough of that going on around here)

Last edited:
So what I want to know is which idiot didn't put a clause in his contract that if the Cows sign him, his original contract is null and void?

that is implied in the final years of players contracts ...

you're the one who claimed my view differs from that of Kahu. so up to you to show that it does.

right now Kahu has no contract for 2021, so unless he plans to retire at the end of next season, then it is a given he is playing for his future.
I don't understand the question...... you just did the opposite of putting words in his mouth and asked me to show you where he DIDN"T say something.....

He didn't say a million things......Let's just focus on what he said.....Which is he is coming back here to rehab..

I know you love the guy but fmd.

I don't understand the question...... you just did the opposite of putting words in his mouth and asked me to show you where he DIDN"T say something.....

He didn't say a million things......Let's just focus on what he said.....Which is he is coming back here to rehab..

I know you love the guy but fmd.

maybe ... but unless he is planning on retiring he still needs to prove himself to potential future employers ... and that's my bloody point ... to prove himself to potential future employers he will need to play good footy ... and how the **** will that bad for us.

he also said he want to get back on the field earlier than expected

So what I want to know is which idiot didn't put a clause in his contract that if the Cows sign him, his original contract is null and void?

On a similar note, what I don't understand is how this contract for 2020 is valid. By signing with the Cowboys this year, doesn't that make his original broncos contract invalid (as it no longer exists essentially)? Hence by not re-signing with the Cowboys, how is he able to re-enact a previous contract that has been broken/voided / does not exist. If there was a clause on his previous broncos contract, how can it be re-enacted if his prior broncos contract has been terminated. Any contract lawyers on here care to enlighten me on the topic?

On a similar note, what I don't understand is how this contract for 2020 is valid. By signing with the Cowboys this year, doesn't that make his original broncos contract invalid (as it no longer exists essentially)? Hence by not re-signing with the Cowboys, how is he able to re-enact a previous contract that has been broken/voided / does not exist. If there was a clause on his previous broncos contract, how can it be re-enacted if his prior broncos contract has been terminated. Any contract lawyers on here care to enlighten me on the topic?

I’ll take a guess and say a clause was written into his new contract with the Cowboys allowing him to come back. It’s all I can think of, players leave clubs early and I’ve never heard of this happening before.

The club has said that they are happy to have him back. That’s the problem. They fucken lie like a political party. It’s all spin.

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Jazza
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Big Del
  • Sproj
  • GCBRONCO
  • lynx000
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Bucking Beads
  • Jedhead
  • Santa
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Battler
  • Fitzy
  • Jeza23
  • Brocko
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.