NEWS Kahu set to return to Broncos after short stint at Cowboys

Yep, it is her fault. And Bennett, and White, and Nolan, and Lockyer and Seibold as well to a point. You must be a complete idiot to think it's just one person at any club in the NRL. I don't get how anyone can be so ignorant to the process really unless it's all about the anti Bennett agenda.
Not gonna derail the thread any further except to say at one point Bennett would have said 'I want this injury-prone guy signed to a 3 yr contract for x amount"

Louise fit him in and the rest signed off on it. Louise is an accountant mate, she doesn't decide figures.

I know they made him an offer. Maybe he didn't like it up north.

In that case, we absolutely have a right to demand a pay cut of him, at least.

Honestly, we are a joke of a club now. We lose games, we have some shit players, so what? But it's things like this that have turned us into an embarrassment. The whole Bennett sacking saga was a joke, the players out on the pokies before a finals game and getting pumped. What positive has come since last off season? I am so disappointed in the club

Last edited:
Any chance we can time travel back to 2011 and prevent Lockyer's jaw being broken? Thus changing the current timeline and perhaps improving the shit one our club is on now.

Can I provide a different perspective:
1. Firstly, none of us know what the negotiations were or the contractual agreement reached to give rise to this scenario.
2. Kahu was a loyal servant of this club, who did not want to leave and had a three year contract which included next year.
3. If through no fault of his own he is left in a scenario where he does not have a contract for next year, and he would have a contract bar for leaving to open up some salary cap space this year, I have no problem with us doing the right thing to honour the agreement.
4. I think it paints our club in a good light that we are prepared to do this.
5. He provides good depth plus, one thing you can say about him is that he always put in for us.

Is it just me, or has the Broncos gone to shit since Locky retired and got involved in running the club?
Brilliant footballer but thats about it.

If this wasn't a **** up at all and this is Seibold bringing Kahu back as some sort of extra Fullback option, the bloke is a bigger hack than Griffin and needs to go.

I swear the past 5 years have been some sort of cosmic joke on us.
5 years? Try 10. Arguably, our recruitment has been the worst of any club other than the titans in the past 10 years. We have signed players like teddy Blair, Martin Kennedy, Benji Marshall, Ben Barba, jack bird, all of which who have been big fails during their time with us. Fucking joke.

**** this club. See you in 2021 once Paul white has fucked off.

1. Firstly, none of us know what the negotiations were or the contractual agreement reached to give rise to this scenario.
2. Kahu was a loyal servant of this club, who did not want to leave and had a three year contract which included next year.
3. If through no fault of his own he is left in a scenario where he does not have a contract for next year, and he would have a contract bar for leaving to open up some salary cap space this year, I have no problem with us doing the right thing to honour the agreement.
5. He provides good depth plus, one thing you can say about him is that he always put in for us.
$400k. The deal should never have been made to renew him by Bennett. Then letting him go away for 1 year seems ridiculous when we now get him back. Next year, we should have Boyd, Macca and Kahu not play a single first grade game. That's about $1.6 million wasted. Fucking joke.

So, we will probably have around $1.5m playing in Q cup next year (rumoured figures) :
Kahu - $400,000
Macca - $400k
Boyd - $700k

Management have some big questions to answer. However, no one seems to be held accountable for this shit that seems to keep reoccurring at the club.

****, we are a disgrace

You can put whatever limp positive spin you can on it lynx, the fact is we have yet another broken overpaid player on our books when that is the last thing we need right now. The anger is absolutely warranted. And that is now, just wait until Croft signs elsewhere or Fifita walks away.

Not gonna derail the thread any further except to say at one point Bennett would have said 'I want this injury-prone guy signed to a 3 yr contract for x amount"

Louise fit him in and the rest signed off on it. Louise is an accountant mate, she doesn't decide figures.

She's the salary cap manager. Far more than an accountant. She's the one who signs off on things. Pretty good insight into what she does and how the process works.

Bennett might have done what you suggested 20 years ago, but not in 2017. Its a way different system these days.

I seriously cant believe in 2019 people still think the Broncos head coach controls the whole recruitment process.

You can put whatever limp positive spin you can on it lynx, the fact is we have yet another broken overpaid player on our books when that is the last thing we need right now. The anger is absolutely warranted. And that is now, just wait until Croft signs elsewhere or Fifita walks away.

I'm envisioning Croft signing somewhere else and having a breakout season like Moses. Meanwhile, we will have a shit load of cash in the QCUP, or God forbid, three absolute passengers in the 17. Our hopes for a premiership in the next 5 years rests in the hands of an 18 year old if we don't get Croft.

At least we'll have plenty of cash in 2021, hopefully enough to keep Fifita and Flegler.

I'm envisioning Croft signing somewhere else and having a breakout season like Moses. Meanwhile, we will have a shit load of cash in the QCUP, or God forbid, three absolute passengers in the 17. Our hopes for a premiership in the next 5 years rests in the hands of an 18 year old if we don't get Croft.

At least we'll have plenty of cash in 2021, hopefully enough to keep Fifita and Flegler.

Chyeah, but you can absolutely write off 2020 now. We're in for probably an even worse season next year, especially if any one of those 3 get selected. Our pack will keep us out of the bottom 4, but finals are a complete pipe dream.

We won't make the 8 in 2020 without croft in my opinion. 2021, once the fat (Boyd, Kahu, Macca and hopefully bird) are gone, we might be competitive.

There is one positive out of this... He was a good right winger. Isaako to fullback, Kahu right wing and now we 100% don't have Boyd in our team?

Please fucking retire Boyd.

Kahu injures himself tripping over a blade of grass in Round 2 then along comes Darius.

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Organix
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Foordy
  • LittleDavey
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Brocko
  • Harry Sack
  • Johnny92
  • Fatboy
  • Mr Fourex
  • BroncoFan94
  • broncos4life
  • Nerd
  • Shane Tronc
  • Browny
  • Waynesaurus
  • bazza
  • Fozz
  • Broncosgirl
... and 20 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.