NEWS Kahu set to return to Broncos after short stint at Cowboys

I actually reckon Kahu would have pushed Issako out the side last year.
He definitely would have been picked over Shibasaki.

But that's what annoys me. We lose him this year when with the release of Roberts and Injury to bird we could have used him. Now when we don't need him, we have him back. It just shows how fucking terrible Paul white is at running a footy team.

He is the worst thing to ever happen to the Broncos organisation.

But that's what annoys me. We lose him this year when with the release of Roberts and Injury to bird we could have used him. Now when we don't need him, we have him back. It just shows how fucking terrible Paul white is at running a footy team.

Great businessman, but has absolutely no clue how to operate a football club.

Who the **** is running this joint

Why get a shit injury prone winger back for $400k. Looks like the same shit next year as this one

She's the salary cap manager. Far more than an accountant. She's the one who signs off on things. Pretty good insight into what she does and how the process works.

Bennett might have done what you suggested 20 years ago, but not in 2017. Its a way different system these days.

I seriously cant believe in 2019 people still think the Broncos head coach controls the whole recruitment process.

If you blame Lanigan for Kahu you have to give her credit for Haas. That's what I've heard, anyway.

Also, I'm joking, don't @ me.

She's the salary cap manager. Far more than an accountant. She's the one who signs off on things. Pretty good insight into what she does and how the process works.

Bennett might have done what you suggested 20 years ago, but not in 2017. Its a way different system these days.

I seriously cant believe in 2019 people still think the Broncos head coach controls the whole recruitment process.

"Yes we have [said no], and he might say, 'Work out a way to do it'

Sounds like he was in charge to me.

He was real average for the Cows last year, and they had probably the worst backline in the comp. I'm shocked that they even offered him a new deal. Kahu turning it down is astounding (although I personally wouldn't want to be in Townsville for longer than 24 hrs, so I can't blame him for not wanting to live there).

Ok someone up for the task?

Unless we used the money to front load some contracts for 2020 what was the fucking point of that "release"? We literally just helped another team for zero benefit. WTF.
That seems to be a recent trend. Did we get any financial compensation for releasing roberts or sua to souths? I dont recall so. Like i said in another thread, we seem to get the shitty end of the stick in every contract negotiation.

Is this writing on the wall that Boyd is about to retire..? And Kahu is backup to take his spot?

That seems to be a recent trend. Did we get any financial compensation for releasing roberts or sua to souths? I dont recall so. Like i said in another thread, we seem to get the shitty end of the stick in every contract negotiation.
We are probably still paying their salaries too. Next thing will be nikorima is coming back as well.

Chyeah, but you can absolutely write off 2020 now. We're in for probably an even worse season next year, especially if any one of those 3 get selected. Our pack will keep us out of the bottom 4, but finals are a complete pipe dream.
The Broncos have already started taking money out of my account for the membership. Hopefully I can get that money back if they're planning another bullshit rebuild season. Clubs should give rebuild season discounts on memberships

The Broncos have already started taking money out of my account for the membership. Hopefully I can get that money back if they're planning another bullshit rebuild season. Clubs should give rebuild season discounts on memberships

Call them and demand a refund and the cancellation of your membership. They will definitely ask you for your feedback, and that is a chance for you to unleash.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Behind enemy lines
  • LittleDavey
  • mrslong
  • Waynesaurus
  • Johnny92
  • Morkel
  • simplythebest
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Wolfie
  • sooticus
  • broncsgoat
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Browny
  • Jazza
  • Painin the Haas
  • Bish
  • Foordy
  • Nerd
  • Manofoneway
... and 32 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.