11 Greg Bird
12 Sam Thaiday
13 Paul Gallen

14 Kurt Gidley
15 Nate Myles
16 Luke Lewis
17 Anthony Watmough

18 Josh Morris

http://www.nrl.com/kangaroos-name-five-changes/tabid/10874/newsid/71738/default.aspx

Only 2 props named, so obviously going to use Myles, Gallen and Thaiday to rotate Tamou and Scott.
Welcome back Hodgo!

Can't disagree too much with the team, except for Kidley... Seriously? :witchhunt:

Merrin should be on the bench IMO. Gidley is obviously a better Bj giver than footballer

New Zealand Kiwis 19 man squad:
Jesse Bromwich, Kieran Foran, Alex Glenn, Josh Hoffman, Shaun Johnson, Shaun Kenny-Dowall, Issac Luke, Simon Mannering (c), Ben Matulino, Sam McKendry, Jason Nightingale, Sam Perrett, Frank Pritchard, Kevin Proctor, Jeremy Smith, Elijah Taylor, Roger Tuivasa-Scheck, Jared Warea-Hargreaves, Dean Whare.

Surprised to see Hodges named. Glad one of our forwards made the team.

I think Gidley is a great selection. Kiwi team is poor and has little chance, particularly without Benji and SBW. Only real danger is an injury to Cronk, JT or Smith. Now we have Gidley on the bench as insurance.

If the Kiwis were likely to put up a real contest I could understand preferring a player more likely to play more minutes, and think Merrin is unlucky, but I think Gidley is a very smart selection.

Kidley brings absolutely nothing to the side.

I don't mind Gidley.. Can cover the important postions. I can't see Lewis playing fullback or hooker
Thinking towards the World Cup should have given Gagai a go in replace of Hodges

Good team but i would've had Josh morris as a starter and Uate instead of Boyd. Gidley is the only bad choice, his form doesn't warrant selection and there are other players who can cover a variety of positions that are in better form. Merrin is unlucky I thought he would've made the bench at least.

Uate has been poor. May score tries but he let in just as many

**** I hate Greg Bird.

And Anthony Watmough.

2 Broncos in the Kiwi team, 2 in the Kangaroos. I'm 50-50 Aussie and Kiwi...I'll go for the Kiwis on the basis of the selection of Watamong and Bird the bird basher.

Kidley brings absolutely nothing to the side.

He ensures an injury to Slater, Cronk or Smith or Thurston won't adversely affect our spine. Given our dominance, he is insurance and basically takes away the Kiwis only chance of winning (a key injury)

Players are so versatile right now, the days of requiring a jack of all trades, master of none is basically redundant.

Rep selectors know best (apparently) so kidley is in the best 17 Aussie players, and definitely deserves his selection.

decent team. Not what id have picked, but they'll still win by 20+.

Active Now

• peter09
  • Fatboy
  • TimWhatley
  • lynx000
  • Bucking Beads
  • Xzei
  • Johnny92
  • Lurker
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Wolfie
  • Waynesaurus
  • Tim K
  • Dash
  • Fozz
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Foordy
  • Stix
  • Morkel
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.