Kangaroos vs. Kiwis

Bit tough saying he has been poor he has been the most dangerous player at the Knights this year.

His defense has been poor. He's a bit like a virgin doesn't know when to go in or out. He has been shakey under the high ball as well.

If they were going to pick Gidley on the bench, they could have at least made him captain too

Since there's no Locke, I guess it means Hoffman will be at fullback. Will be interesting to see how he goes there.

He ensures an injury to Slater, Cronk or Smith or Thurston won't adversely affect our spine. Given our dominance, he is insurance and basically takes away the Kiwis only chance of winning (a key injury)
So does Lewis, who can play in the halves and centres.
Inglis or Boyd can go to FB if Slater gets injured, Lewis can cover for a halve, and albeit Kidley probably has the edge covering the Hooker position, it's not worth it to have him there just for that, while Lewis can be useful in the forwards rotation, as opposed to a useless Kidley under normal (no injuries) conditions.

So does Lewis, who can play in the halves and centres.
Inglis or Boyd can go to FB if Slater gets injured, Lewis can cover for a halve, and albeit Kidley probably has the edge covering the Hooker position, it's not worth it to have him there just for that, while Lewis can be useful in the forwards rotation, as opposed to a useless Kidley under normal (no injuries) conditions.

Under normal conditions, we don't really need more than 3 forwards anyway.

Sounds like the SBW injury is fake and he plans on playing origin for NSW.

He's a maroons supporter. I swear, I remembered him being interviewed at one of the origin games and he was wearing maroon gear.

Last edited:
I don't mind Gidley.. Can cover the important postions. I can't see Lewis playing fullback or hooker
Thinking towards the World Cup should have given Gagai a go in replace of Hodges

Bahahahaha I'm sorry but that is hilarious. There is a long list of centres for Australia ahead of gagai, I'm hoping you were joking with that comment

I don't know why Boyd is an automatic selection.

Solid player, but is he honestly a better pick than Hayne?

Yeah I also agree with this. Surely we have better wingers in the comp to pick?

He's roughly 1000 times safer in defence. I'm not a big fan of Boyd, but Hayne is one of the worst defensive wingers in the world.

I agree his defence is better, but only marginally so.

Just seems like he gets a free pass because he has the luxury of playing with GI at Origin level.

Last edited:
The one thing abou Boyd is he always steps up at rep level no matter what his form at club level is like.

He's the opposite to Hodges. Hodges never does well in rep games. He had a couple ok games for the Kangaroos but for Queensland not so good. Bit like the pearl in that regard

Active Now

• Mister Wright
  • Browny
  • NSW stables
  • Redux
  • Fozz
  • Alec
  • Aldo
  • BroncosAlways
  • Bucking Beads
  • Matheos
  • Wolfie
  • Financeguy
  • GCBRONCO
  • RolledOates
  • BooKhaki
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.