Kangaroos vs. Kiwis

not really. if you can score more than the other team, you win.
A great defence with an average attack will always beat a great attack with an average defence. Uate by himself makes Australia's defence less than average, while Boyd will finish anything created by his inside men practically as well as the Novocastrian.

A great defence with an average attack will always beat a great attack with an average defence.
100000% disagree.

and cmon.....this is NZ. theyre lucky to score 12 points a match against the aussies.

Agree to disagree. To me, as much as Uate's attack may be better than Boyd's, his defence is three times worse!

Ill be heading down to Canberra. Anyone else going to watch the Aussies smash the Kiwis? (Hopefully)

Uate plays on the right regardless which means it'd be between him and Morris. For mine, Brett has been the form winger of the competition thus far and deserves to retain his spot.

It's between Hayne and Boyd and it believes Darius has retained it based on incumbency and his combination with GI. While I don't believe he deserves to be an automatic inclusion I don't really disagree with the reasons for him being included.

Attack > Defence
Defence > Attack

How about balance?

GI is one of the most destructive centres of all time. As long as his winger can catch and plant the ball down and not totally balls up in defence then they're gravy. Boyd has 6 seasons of good-will so I guess he deserves his spot.

I wouldn't be against Hayne eventually getting a shot, but his form has been patchy. At times, excellent at other times (eg. vs. the dogs) not so.

lol @ New Zealand choosing Tohu Harris after 6 NRL games.

I find it hard to get fired up for the ANZAC test.

The Aussies clearly have the wood over NZ and it only ever becomes a contest when Australia get lazy and complacent towards the back end of the game and if NZ have kept the gap under 20 points, a few Benji flick passes or a Slater brain explosion and suddenly NZ is back in the game.

You could turn the telly off between the 20th-70th minute and not miss much.

lol @ New Zealand choosing Tohu Harris after 6 NRL games.

He has been named as 18th man so likely won't play, However it brings him into camp for the experience and makes him pledge to NZ. A smart move, looking to the future and using a nothing match to do so.

He has been named as 18th man so likely won't play, However it brings him into camp for the experience and makes him pledge to NZ. A smart move, looking to the future and using a nothing match to do so.
wasnt he brought in to replace jeremy smith if he gets suspended? which he will.

wasnt he brought in to replace jeremy smith if he gets suspended? which he will.
So worse case they will play a new guy off the bench, again it's a nothing match that they normally lose anyway. Blood him early, lock him away so Australia can't get him and build to the future.

Seems Greg Bird still can't let the "Maroon Song" go.

Shaun Johnson in doubt, who will be in the halves?

Mannering to lock, Proctor and Pritchard starting in the backrow. Taylor, McKendry, Matulino and Glenn on the bench. Harris and Tuivasa-Sheck are 18th and 19th man.

I can't believe they are starting Pritchard and Proctor over Glenn.

Just for the sake of it my thoughts on the team selected.

Billy Slater: Automatic selection, best fullback in the game. Been in good form as well
Darius Boyd: Club form has been respectable and usually does well for Australia but I would've picked Uate instead.
Justin Hodges: Been one of our best at the Broncos and has looked dangerous every week but I would've stuck with J-Morris.
Greg Inglis: Even a blind monkey would pick him been in awesome form and would walk into any team.
Brett Morris: Been strong for the Dragons and is a proven performer at international level.
Cooper Cronk: Been outstanding and is an automatic.
Jonathen Thurston: Despite the Cowboys being placed in the lower half of the ladder JT has been strong and is regaining form over the last couple of weeks.
Matt Scott: Been strong for NQL and his front row partnership with Tamou is the strongest in the game
Cameron Smith: Automatic pick nothing to say.
James Tamou: As with Scott has laid the platform terrificaly for NQL and is one of the game's premier forwards
Greg Bird: Big fan of him and has been imo the Titans best and most consistent player, has lead the team terrificaly and has been putting in great stats each week. Deserves to retain his spot
Sam Thiaday: Meh hasn't been at his best, Ryan Hoffman must feel ripped off.
Paul Gallen: Easily one of the best forwards i've ever seen and has been working like a machine. Automatic

Kurt Gidley: Doesn't really deserve it, been ok but Matt Gillett has been in awesome form and I would've picked him
Nate Myles: Deserves a recall
Luke lewis: Been great for the Sharks and has the ability to cover 4 positions
Anthony Watmough: Been good but i would've given Trent Merrin a crack

Active Now

• Gaz
  • Dash
  • Tim K
  • Big Del
  • Xzei
  • bb_gun
  • Bucking Beads
  • Foordy
  • Ondi
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.