• Thread starter Major JW Hochstetter
  • Start date
A

Aeetee

State of Origin Rep
Mar 4, 2008
QUEENSLANDER said:
Denny Crane said:
Either way, i loved it, but there was definitely intent there, and i did notice his arm come up significantly after the hit, as if he was deliberately trying to decapitate him. I hope he gets off tho, it was brilliant haha

Ever shoulder charged anyone before?

After you hit someone your arm will always come up, watch most shoulder charges, SBW classic example, the hit is made, person bounces off, the person that hits them momentum slows, and the arm/shoulder they hit them with will most of the time rise. The intent was to smash him with a good shoulder to the midsection, which is where he would have been if he didn't slip.

I love em too, but there is a time and a place and like Broncomatt said there have been too many of them lately from us, Hodges classic example, took there fullback?? on last night one on one, went for the shoulder and missed, guy ran another 20-30 meters.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Latest Comments:

It was accidental, that's not a send off, nor is it any time away from the game. The only reason he will probably see the sideline fora couple of weeks, is the fact that the judiciary is made up of bias people just like yourself. This news paper is a disgrace to the nation of Rugby League. If a Sydney team isn't winning, got to pick out anything you possibly can to get at the other teams. Go back to the barrel and scrape some more mate. I will prove my point of bias when comments like mine aren't publish, as they might make this so called reporter (most reporters however report truth and fact - not with the Telegraph though) look like he's in the wrong.
Posted by: Aussie of Brisbane 12:00pm today

I totally commented at the stupid Telegraph site. icon_thumbs_u

schmix

schmix

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Aeetee said:
Ever shoulder charged anyone before?

After you hit someone your arm will always come up, watch most shoulder charges, SBW classic example, the hit is made, person bounces off, the person that hits them momentum slows, and the arm/shoulder they hit them with will most of the time rise. The intent was to smash him with a good shoulder to the midsection, which is where he would have been if he didn't slip.

^Exactly right, the arm always lifts a little after a shoulder charge. If you could take Anasta out of that footage, everything Hunt did would be in line with any other shoulder charge you'll see. Anasta doesn't slip - no broken nose. Penalty yes, report ok, anything else is too much. There is absolutely nothing Hunt could have done to avoid what happened. How can you suspend a guy who didn't actually DO anything wrong? [icon_shru

B

bob the Smasher

QCup Player
Mar 16, 2008
Denny Crane said:
Point of impact was with the shoulder though.

Whatever, there is no point in arguing. Obviously I hope that he does get off but I forgot how bias some of us were around these parts, I think I'll stick with playing in my own sandbox. [icon_wink

Total crap. If it was the other way around I would be of the exact same position.

These things happen in league. Foul or reckless play leaves a bad taste in your mouth and deserves a stint on the sidelines, not acidental plays which is exactly what happened in this instance, I dotn care who it is or what team they are from.

Don't hide behind the 'we are all biased' line because you are unable to differentiate between accidental and reckless.

D

Denny Crane

NYC Player
Mar 4, 2008
bob the Smasher said:
[quote="Denny Crane":t7bk0ph4]Point of impact was with the shoulder though.

Whatever, there is no point in arguing. Obviously I hope that he does get off but I forgot how bias some of us were around these parts, I think I'll stick with playing in my own sandbox. [icon_wink

Total crap. If it was the other way around I would be of the exact same position.
[/quote:t7bk0ph4]

Obviously I wasn't talking about you considering this is your first post on the new forum let alone this thread. :roll:

Where did I say that it wasn't accidental? [icon_shady

J

Je$ter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
The Rock said:
[quote="Denny Crane":8s7mzjjo][quote="The Rock":8s7mzjjo][quote="Denny Crane":8s7mzjjo]
ningnangnong said:
I can't believe he got put on report TBH.

I'll quote NNN but to all those who share the same sentiment you guys need to open your eyes.

He hit him flush in the head, broke his nose in about 40 places, had to go off for a second time in the second half with blood dripping out of his nose like a tap. Anasta showed a mountain of ticker to still be on there and I respect him for that, I also respect him for coming out and having no hard feelings towards Hunt shows what sort of men they both are but of course this view is beyond a lot of you all.

It was an innocent shoulder charge gone wrong, but it did go wrong. The impact was massive and resulted in a horrific injury. Report warranted and I wouldn't be surprised to see him sidelined for a few weeks - since when is 'I didn't mean it' a defense?

Shoulder charge gone wrong? How did it go wrong? I didn't! Hunt drove in with the shoulder, Anasta slipped and his face went straight into Hunt's bicep! Please tell me what exactly is illegal about the shot.

[/quote:8s7mzjjo]

He. Got. Hit. In. The. Head.[/quote:8s7mzjjo]

But Hunt could NOT have done ANYTHING different! There is absolutely nothing that Hunt could have done to prevent it from happening.

There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with the way Hunt approached the tackle - end of story.[/quote:8s7mzjjo]

But Rocky, that is part and parcel of taking the chance of making a shoulder charge. It comes off perfectly everyone cheers and slaps backs, it comes off bad you could face a stint on the sideline.

I have no doubt in my mind Hunt didn't have any intent to smash Anastas nose all over his face, and yes Anasta did trip. But making a shoulder charge takes that risk. Because Anasta tripped it caused Hunt to make contact with the head, albeit accidental, however ANY contact with the head is deemed illegal, therefore resulted in a penalty. Personally I don't think it should be a penalty but rules is rules. Any suspension would be a joke.

And could people also get over the Riley Brown tackle? It's legit and part of the game!

C

cameo

BRL Player
Mar 16, 2008
What worries me is the platform being laid by the Sydney media - Ray Hadley said last night that it was a disgrace Hunt didn't get sent off and that he'll do 5-10 weeks. Wok Ryan on the ABC said that the tackle was "nearly identical" to the Brohman-Boyd tackle. Peter Tunks on Talkin' Sport today is geeing up the talkback callers. After hearing the tackle on the radio, I waited for the replay on Nine thinking Hunt must have taken his head off but after seeing it, could not believe their over-reaction. I am in a state of shock because I actually agreed with Goose Gould who said last night that it was 98% accidental. Hope he walks but my prediction is the judiciary will stiff him with two or three weeks with a plea.

M

Major JW Hochstetter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
cameo said:
What worries me is the platform being laid by the Sydney media - Ray Hadley said last night that it was a disgrace Hunt didn't get sent off and that he'll do 5-10 weeks. Wok Ryan on the ABC said that the tackle was "nearly identical" to the Brohman-Boyd tackle. Peter Tunks on Talkin' Sport today is geeing up the talkback callers. After hearing the tackle on the radio, I waited for the replay on Nine thinking Hunt must have taken his head off but after seeing it, could not believe their over-reaction. I am in a state of shock because I actually agreed with Goose Gould who said last night that it was 98% accidental. Hope he walks but my prediction is the judiciary will stiff him with two or three weeks with a plea.

Who would've thought that the Channel 9 commentary team would be the only one to talk sense.

The way the radio crews have been carrying on is absolutely disgusting. ABC in particular have now lowered themselves to the standards of the Continous Crap, which is a shame.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
ABC radio hwouldn't put me on the air.

The person who answered the phone asked what the call was about & I said what the commentators said about the Hunt tackle.

I said I wanted to know if they were on the wacky-tabacky or something stronger. [icon_evillaugh

Was told my call wouldn't be put through. [icon_shru

Steve

Steve

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
My first reaction was I thought it was an automatic send off but the subsequent replays indicated there was no malice and the incident was largely unfortunate. I thought the penalty and on report was a fair enough outcome. Any head contact should be scrutinised carefully and if we let the process unfold I'm sure the right decision will prevail.

Having said that I enjoyed seeing Anasta get laid out. I can't stand the little turd.

W

wally

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
oh Anasta was a pretty boy on the news before... Nose took up half his face.

I must say i expected the worst last night but after some replays and seeing pictures it's pretty clear that it was his Bicep not shoulder...Although with the judiciary who'd no, anything to try and put a spanner in a QLD teams works.

Apparently it was still bleeding 2 hrs after the hit, although coming back out on the field wouldn't have helped that...Haha man their tape job was a cracker! was nearly on the floor laughing every time i saw it.

T

trigrhappi

BRL Player
Mar 9, 2008
cameo said:
but my prediction is the judiciary will stiff him with two or three weeks with a plea.

To see Anasta in that much pain will be worth it. _woohoo_

M

minto-man

BRL Player
Mar 10, 2008
Major JW Hochstetter said:
FFS.

KARMICHAEL Hunt should have been sent from the field last night the moment he drove his elbow into Braith Anasta's face - and he should not be alone in the dock.

Anasta's stumble changed the dynamics of the situation - but Hunt still attacked the head of an opposing player and should have been sent off.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/s ... 23,00.html

Just read the comments after the chesterton article hahahahahaahaha. What a loser.

M

Major JW Hochstetter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Well, well, well, what a tasty situation we have now!

It'll be interesting to see if Chesterton, the ABC and the Continuous Crap will be equally critical of Graham's shot on Hodgson? How many months, d**kheads?

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
I thought Graham put the elbow out. That was slowmo though, I missed seeing how it looked in normal speed.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
They published my comment! [icon_lol1.

Poor old fella. Sit down, have a cuppa tea, recite the planets in order, whatever little brain plays you do to wake up the grey matter. Let's see, fourth paragraph you say "An upright Anasta would have taken the force of Hunt's shoulder charge on his chest or upper arm". And of course, "an upright Anasta" was what Hunt was bracing himself to hit. Then, very next paragraph you have the audacity to say "Hunt still attacked the head of an opposing player and should have been sent off" Well knock me over with a feather! If that were the case, then you'd find every attacker in the NRL "stumbling" in order to get hit in the head and get the tackler sent off. Ever watched a game of 3-on-3 in League? I haven't, can't imagine it's terribly interesting. What elbow? You mean the one that lifts AFTER the contact is made and Hunt is reeling away from the hit? The air he cut through with it might have suffered a bit, but unfortunately our game doesn't protect them - or grass - or any other of earth's non-sentient elements (well, perhaps Josh Perry). We Queenslanders are constantly labelled whingers, but Ray, you make farmer Joe complaining about daylight saving fading his curtains and modern music sending youth to hell look like an open minded, new age genius. PS: The Kelly-Dowall try was a try, and for THAT reason the officials should be subjected to 24-hour-a-day Phil Gould monologues as punishment.

M

Major JW Hochstetter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
LOL

Superb Coxy.

Though I have to say that the suggested punishment for the Refs is a touch excessive. No-one deserves that kind of torture.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Scorchie
  • sooticus
  • BroncosAlways
  • theshed
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.