Kemp + McGuire Fight - Kemp signs for Union

i have no doubt that folau wouldve been one of QLDs long term centres, and wouldve been as lethal if not more than inglis there, had he not gone and ended his NRL career before it really even got out of first gear. inglis has his fend, folau has his leap, but apart from that they both just have the ability to steamroll over the opposition, and both can make something out of nothing.

yow yeh was/is fantastic, one of the best wingers in the game before his injury, but he was a level below folau and inglis. hopefully he can be one of the best centres in the game when/if he returns.

which is why i laughed at people suggesting that israel folau wasnt worth the money we paid him. top class wingers are hard to come by, and ever so vital to a team. israel folau was a guaranteed try a game, and a guaranteed no tries per game from bombs down his side in defence. how many more tries would we have scored, and how much further up the ladder would we be, if we had folau this year? i dont even want to think about it.

As if he was worth the amount of players who left the club. It's the very reason we're in the situation we're in now!

As if he was worth the amount of players who left the club. It's the very reason we're in the situation we're in now!
You're confused with Khunt mate...

It's interesting you guys rate Falou so high. I always thought he was an excellent leaper, had reasonable pace and knew how to score a try. I didn't rate his speed or tenacity that high though. I'm not trying to take away from him at all, it's just interesting to me...

I'm still mixed on Folau.

I thought his 2009 was pretty disappointing. Occasionally had a good game and came up with tries only he and only the elite like GI or Hayne could but I was pretty disappointed in his application that season. I focused a lot of attention on his game and was really disappointed to see him park himself on the wing, rarely looking to get involved, even when we were obviously in need of a big run. However, he'd score the odd consolation try so it meant that he had a good game, even when we'd get smashed by 40.

He had a better season in 2010 where he was a permanent fixture in the centres but unfortunately it was just a really unhappy year at the club and at times he fell victim to the immature mentality the club had at that time. However, I'll give him props, especially for performances he put in against teams like St. George Illawarra. That was something of a disappointing game, but that win still means a lot, if only because it paid tribute to one of the most important figures at our club - Cyril Connell.

If the price was right, I'd like to have him back at the club. He'd fill the void we need in the backs and it'd be great to have another superstar on the books. However, his last stint was something of a disappointment. He was good...but I truly saw excellence in him and he didn't stick around long enough to realise it.

id take folau back now if it meant we HAD to drop about 10 players haha.

we didnt really lose any players for folau. TC retired, that right there was most of folaus yearly pay.

id take folau back now if it meant we HAD to drop about 10 players haha.

we didnt really lose any players for folau. TC retired, that right there was most of folaus yearly pay.

Can't see your logic here sorry....

The squad of 2008 (Wayne's last year) were one good set of 6 away from meeting Manly in a GF.. Thanks Ashton Sims!!!

In 2009 Israel Folau was signed at the expense of... Denan Kemp (Warriors), David Stagg (Dogs), Ben Hannant (Dogs), Joel Moon (Warriors), Mick Ennis (Dogs), Shane Perry (ESL), Darius Boyd (Dragons), Greg Eastwood (ESL, Then Dogs), Nick Emmet (Dragons), Reece Robinson (Canberra), Tonie Carroll (Ret) and of course Mr. Bennent (Supercoach, Dragons)

Also Signed for 2009 were... Teo, Devere (Out Of Ret), Gorrell, Setu...

In 2009 we didn't play finals footy... I'd take back that 2008 squad and the great Wayne Bennent instantly! The juniors we had in the wings mixed with all that experience would have delivered us a title in 09 or 10. Folau's purchase put the club back in a big way and what grinds my gears even more is he never delivered what he was bought for... Instead he bailed to a girl's sport and left us and we are still trying to pick up the pieces now... Shame on you Bruno.

Can't see your logic here sorry....

The squad of 2008 (Wayne's last year) were one good set of 6 away from meeting Manly in a GF.. Thanks Ashton Sims!!!

In 2009 Israel Folau was signed at the expense of... Denan Kemp (Warriors), David Stagg (Dogs), Ben Hannant (Dogs), Joel Moon (Warriors), Mick Ennis (Dogs), Shane Perry (ESL), Darius Boyd (Dragons), Greg Eastwood (ESL, Then Dogs), Nick Emmet (Dragons), Reece Robinson (Canberra), Tonie Carroll (Ret) and of course Mr. Bennent (Supercoach, Dragons)

Also Signed for 2009 were... Teo, Devere (Out Of Ret), Gorrell, Setu...

In 2009 we didn't play finals footy... I'd take back that 2008 squad and the great Wayne Bennent instantly! The juniors we had in the wings mixed with all that experience would have delivered us a title in 09 or 10. Folau's purchase put the club back in a big way and what grinds my gears even more is he never delivered what he was bought for... Instead he bailed to a girl's sport and left us and we are still trying to pick up the pieces now... Shame on you Bruno.
for a team that supposedly didnt play finals footy in 2009 i think we did ok. making the grand final qualifier and losing to the eventual premiers is ok, dont you think? like we did the year before, with the team that you want to take back instead of the 2008 team lol.

are you telling me that you seriously think that to sign folau we had to lose kemp (easily 100k+ a year), stagg (easily 200k+ a year), hannant (easily 200k+ a year), moon, ennis (easily 200k+ a year), perry (lol), boyd (bennetts lapdog who was never going to stay at brisbane without bennett), eastwood (easily 200k+ a year), emmett (lol), robinson (who wayne bennett didnt want, nothing to do with folau), carroll (easily 300k+ a year, who you even say retired.....so he only retired because we signed folau? interesting lol), and bennett, who was being a dick and was going to leave the club after making deals behind their back?

i didnt realise that folau was signed for $1.5mil+ a season, caused the 33 year old carroll to retire, made bennett tell robinson to look elsewhere, made boyd get neutered and follow sugar daddy wayne wherever he goes, and make bennett go behind the clubs back and make secret deals to leave the broncos BEFORE folau had even been on our radar. folau must be a magician to boot to be able to make all that happen! crazy because his deal was actually worth $2mil over 4 seasons, which wouldve been worth more in years 3 and 4 than 1 and 2. crazy that we had to let go of at least $1.5mil PER YEAR worth of players, and a coach whos salary doesnt even come under the salary cap, to sign folau for < $500k a season! we must have the worst accountant in the entire galaxy!

great first post by the way lol. do i need to put that in italics to show the sarcasm, or were you able to pick that up all on your own?

Wow...

Here I was thinking this was a Forum where mature Bronco's supporters who came to ''DISCUSS" rugby league and the Bronco's. It was a good first post wasn't it... This will be my second post YAY!... I guess because you have been here posting for longer makes you tougher? Or more of a fan? Or maybe you just like to pick fights on the internet because you can hide behind your keyboard... I merely stated what MY opinion is, in disagreeing with you I guess you took it personally.. Your poor ego.

I'll let you pick out the sarcastic bits given you an expert on the matter. Have fun learning to count to 2 tough guy.

Last edited:
I'm putting a stop to that conversation.

Welcome to the boards DrumBeat.

Others are free to discuss the topic.

However, we don't need another round-a-bout argument on here and that's where that was going.

Any further queries may only be asked via PM.

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • Allo
  • bert_lifts
  • Lostboy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.