Kemp + McGuire Fight - Kemp signs for Union

jjoyce said:
okay so he played with three broken ribs all last year and he was telling people something was wrong and noone believed him and you hear he had a poor attitude and didn't seemed motivated to get back into NRL - what are you talking about? you heard 3rd and 4th hand that he had a bad attitude and then find out the situation he was in, doesn't that explain it for you? try and put yourself in his shoes do you have any idea what that would have been like?
then he gets shafted again after training the whole preseason in the wing position is told by henjack the spot is his he just needs to be fit and then 2 weeks out the coach gets sacked, the kid that was dropped from the squad because of his attitude is brought straight back in over the top and hes shafted to q cup and then when the kid is dropped they bring in a centre from the 20s straight into the wing spot who then also gets dropped. and you here from a couple of blokes at training he isn't working hard enough to get back in whilst the whole time he was in negotiations to leave because he was basically shown by the new coach he didn't have a shot of getting back in.
he was talked up in preseason by lockyer and henjack because of the way he was training and gets on with all the boys.
and btw he came back 4 weeks after 3 broken ribs a punctured lung and a week in hospital to play nrl - that's pretty amazing to me.
have a think about it.

Settle down Denan

Didn’t hear 3rd or 4th hand.... in fact 1st hand straight out of the dressing sheds.

But I see your point..

So jjoyce when you see Denan next either when you look in the mirror or at a family dinner. Tell him we wish him the best of luck but it would have be awesome if he stuck around and proved he was the man, carving in Q-cup to get back to the NRL. Like Handcock did, like Nightingale did like Dell did etc etc.

But he obviously wanted the limelight now and hopefully he'll enjoy fagball 7s.

He was my fav player, now I see him as a sell out and I don’t care if his head fell off, sew it on suck it up and prove the knockers wrong, not run off to a rival code. Obviously those tears you or him shed at the fancy dress shop in red hill while we had a talk where crocodile tears.

Yeah such a shame Kemp didn't want to hang around and prove them wrong by carving it up in QLD cup. We all know Kemp at his best is in our best side. Oh well whats done is done now he has to live with playing rugby 7's in the off chance of getting a gig in a super 15 side.

jjoyce said:
you heard 3rd and 4th hand that he had a bad attitude

Don't know where you are getting the idea I heard it 3rd or 4th hand from. When he was punted back to easts last year I saw it first hand with my very own eyes - my impressions backed up by his team-mates straight from their mouths to my ears. And again this year direct from Wynnum coaching staff to my ears (so at best 2nd hand information - but again let me reinforce I have been told nothing that I didn't see for myself last year). And I will also say that I was really disappointed to see it, I was a massive fan and supporter of Denan up until that point.

But whatever I saw, heard or say - clearly in your eyes he can do no wrong and that's great for you that you haven't seen anything to dint your faith in / opinion of him. So I'll leave the topic alone now, though I too still wish him all the best in RU.

mate i guess the only difference is i know his family and know what type of bloke he is

jjoyce said:
mate i guess the only difference is i know his family and know what type of bloke he is

And by the sounds of it he is a great bloke away from Football, but reading what others have said it sounds like when it comes to football he is abit of a dick.

Noone is saying Kemp is a wanker all the time or behind closed doors.

Even the nicest blokes I knew could possess bad football traits.

draggx said:
jjoyce said:
Noone is saying Kemp is a wanker all the time or behind closed doors.

I'm certainly not saying Kemp is a wanker all the time, but like most of us, I assume he is a wanker behind closed doors, unless of course there is no one at home.

I'm a Kemp fan - woulda been awesome to have Kemp and Yow Yeh as wingers

Bucking Beads said:
I will never forget that try against Parra to win the game in Golden point, I was at the game, the roar of the crowd was huge.

Pretty sure that didn't occur in golden point as opposed to the last few seconds of regulation, but hey, u were at the game!!!

Locky24 said:
The Video of Mcguire and Kemp http://vimeo.com/22274624

He elbowed him in the face while he was laying on top of him, oh well, nobody has ever said that Mcguire had a high IQ or even a mid range one which is why he isn't a regular first grader and never will be.

garcia said:
He elbowed him in the face while he was laying on top of him, oh well, nobody has ever said that Mcguire had a high IQ or even a mid range one which is why he isn't a regular first grader and never will be.
McGuire has really played well this year, i wouldnt be surprised to see him in our top 17 permanently later on this year/next year.

as for kemp, im disappointed that he buggered off cause back in his day he was great. i blame the broncos 100% for this loss though, they just screwed him around regardless of his attitude.

garcia said:
Bucking Beads said:
I will never forget that try against Parra to win the game in Golden point, I was at the game, the roar of the crowd was huge.

Pretty sure that didn't occur in golden point as opposed to the last few seconds of regulation, but hey, u were at the game!!!

[icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

It was in the last seconds... no golden point!

Professor47 said:
garcia said:
Bucking Beads said:

[icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

It was in the last seconds... no golden point!

Yep it was, such a good finish though.

Reading old threads is fun, is this guy still around? :loool:

McGuire has really played well this year, i wouldnt be surprised to see him in our top 17 permanently later on this year/next year.

as for kemp, im disappointed that he buggered off cause back in his day he was great. i blame the broncos 100% for this loss though, they just screwed him around regardless of his attitude.

At least someone has been consistent and had some foresight, and AP is still around. Yay say my fellow forum members.... :laugh:

TBH, I believe Kemp was simply the beneficiary of Lockyers skill. He's fast, but the fact that he has failed since leaving the Broncos is a pretty strong indication that he wasn't actually that talented.

Active Now

• Skathen
  • Johnny92
  • winslow_wong
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.