Kemp + McGuire Fight - Kemp signs for Union

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Re: Broncos bust-up a striking offence between Kemp and McGu

Thank you dukey! My point exactly! (though you said Darius instead of Denan re: puncturing a lung).

The reason he can't crack the team is because he was out almost all of last season, and then had another minor injury in preseason! It gave guys like Beale, Reed and Gagai a chance to get ahead of him.

As I said, his attitude this year is not helping his cause, but I think he's been incredibly unlucky to be in such a clueless Warriors team in 2009 that didn't know how to make the most of him, and then have a serious injury early last season when he was showing some good forum in those early games.

Thing is, he's obviously feeling like he's unlucky and he's a victim and the world's against him. THAT's what he has to get over. Ability wise he's got all the skills to be a world class winger, and he's proven that. It's his attitude NOW that's letting him down. Nothing more.

And draggx: I "put the boot" into Carney as a mirror of your ludicrous, ignorant and dumbarse booting of Kemp.

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008

we need to $hit or get off the pot with Kemp. either give him a game, or say 'youre not going to play a game for us again, start looking elsewhere or you wont have a job next year'. not just say 'oh yeah you can look for other offers if you want, thats cool, if not we'll keep you but never play you'.

give him a game or get rid of him. its an absolute waste of everyones time as it is.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008

Anonymous person said:
we need to $hit or get off the pot with Kemp. either give him a game, or say 'youre not going to play a game for us again, start looking elsewhere or you wont have a job next year'. not just say 'oh yeah you can look for other offers if you want, thats cool, if not we'll keep you but never play you'.

give him a game or get rid of him. its an absolute waste of everyones time as it is.

^^^ This. Agree completely.

dukey

dukey

NRL Player
Jun 5, 2008

draggx said:
If 2007 was at the start of Lockys career and he failed to make a side after that... yeh he would be shit. Same for Darius.

Both those guys have made sides after it recovered after it and gone on to play rep footy.

he failed at a second team... is that because he didnt have Locky there to make the plays for him?

I love how any other player you guys are quick to put the boot in for second year (I.E Coxy on the roosters game thread regarding Carney) but because its the precious Kemp you make excuse after excuse..

He had a damn good year in 08 and one of the best from any Bronco no doubt.. But has done nothing since and doesn't look to do anything in the future.

I'm hardly quick to sink the boot into anyone. I'm a big Carney fan, and I reckon he'll come good soon enough. But in Coxy's defence, it isn't Carney's second year. He's been around a long time.
I don't feel that I'm making excuses for Kemp when I bring up the busted lung. That's one hell of an injury, and I'm certain that without it he would've cemented a first grade spot.

dukey

dukey

NRL Player
Jun 5, 2008

The radio news just reported that Denan Kemp has signed a short-term contract with the ARU to play in the rugby 7's side.

Meat77

Meat77

NRL Player
Feb 10, 2010

dukey said:
The radio news just reported that Denan Kemp has signed a short-term contract with the ARU to play in the rugby 7's side.

Should suit his defensive capabilities

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008

Broncos winger Kemp in code switch
Wayne Heming
April 14, 2011 - 12:59PM
AAP

Brisbane NRL winger Denan Kemp has signed a short term contract with the Australian Rugby Union to switch codes and could make his international Sevens debut in the IRB World Series next month.

A week after being left devastated when negotiations fell through with Super Rugby newcomers Melbourne Rebels - who've since signed Wallaby star Kurtley Beale - the 23-year-old speedster Kemp will head to Sydney on Sunday to join Michael O'Connor's Australia's Sevens squad which the chance of cracking the national Sevens side.

"I've agreed to terms terms with the ARU," Kemp told AAP on Thursday.

Advertisement: Story continues below
"I'll be heading to Sydney on Sunday to join the Australian Sevens squad and have talks with a number Super 15 clubs about next season.

"I'll tour with them (the Sevens squad) to places like Dubai, Scotland, London while I learn the game.

"We're in talks with other Super 15 clubs at the moment to get a head start on the next year.

"I'm pretty excited.

"It would be pretty awesome if I could put on an Australian jersey."

Meanwhile, Kemp dismissed rumours of any bad blood with Broncos team mate Josh McGuire who broke his nose while playing for Norths during a Queensland Cup game at the weekend.

McGuire fronts the QRL judiciary on Thursday night on a grade one striking charge.

Kemp told AAP he didn't think the elbow blow that busted his nose was deliberate.

Kemp, playing for Wynnum Manly pulled McGuire down in a try-saving tackle 10 metres out from his line.

As he fought to get to his feet for a quick play the ball, McGuire lashed out, striking Kemp in the face.

"He was throwing his elbows about as he got up to play the ball and he just caught me in the face with one," said Kemp.

"He's really aggressive when he plays which is part of why he is a good player.

"He just wanted a quick play the ball.

"I'd just stopped him scoring a try and he was lashing about. I don't think he knew it was me underneath him."

McGuire, who has carry over points, could miss up to two NRL games if found guilty of the striking charge.

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sp ... 1df4h.html

F

Flutterby

International
Mar 5, 2008
I agree that Kemp was completely dudded by the Broncos when we signe Issy. However instead of sucking it up and proving to the club and the rest of the NRL that we made a massive mistake, his attitude has been extraordinarily poor since then. I can understand that during his time at the Warriors, but the Broncos gave him another chance and he hasn't taken the opportunity and really tried to fight for his spot in the NRL team. Busted lung or not last year his attitude was poor last year and has gotten worse this year.

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008

Coxy said:
Anonymous person said:

^^^ This. Agree completely.

This post just broke my Internet lolz

J

jjoyce

BRL Player
Mar 21, 2008
Flutterby - and you know his attitude was poor how? ever thought there might be more going on behind the scenes than you think? what did ivan say about his preseason form this year? I glad i'm not a professional sportsman, with the internet any nobody can come on a can say completely untrue rubbish without ever knowing or meeting the person

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Good luck Kempy, not sure Union is for you but hope it all goes well and you make your way into the super 15 competition. Shame we never got to see you return to the 2008 form that made you loved by some Broncos fans. We will always have the memories. icon_thumbs_u

F

Flutterby

International
Mar 5, 2008
jjoyce said:
Flutterby - and you know his attitude was poor how? ever thought there might be more going on behind the scenes than you think? what did ivan say about his preseason form this year? I glad i'm not a professional sportsman, with the internet any nobody can come on a can say completely untrue rubbish without ever knowing or meeting the person

I know this because I have seen it first hand when he was playing at Easts last year and people I know at Wynnum have confirmed for me it has been pretty much the same this year.

I still wish he had been able to come back to the club and re-capture his pre-warriors form and believed he would - no doubt he was one of the best wingers we have seen. Unfortunately he hasn't been able to and he has to take a large part of the responsibility for that himself.

M

m1c

NRL Player
Mar 16, 2008
Does anyone know the full story surrounding his stuttered comeback last season?

Was his poor 'tude a result of the club pushing him back too early? Broken ribs definitely shouldn't lead to a written off season. Without knowing the complete details, it seemed to be a pretty big balls up by the medical staff.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
I really think he just lacked confidence. And then he went to the Warriors who I can't see as having the support available to help an "outsider" so to speak.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Nashy said:
I really think he just lacked confidence. And then he went to the Warriors who I can't see as having the support available to help an "outsider" so to speak.

He didn't lack confidence when he left but it certainly went missing once he was dropped from the Warriors side.

J

jjoyce

BRL Player
Mar 21, 2008
basically mic it was. they told him they were healed and he could play he tried, told them he was in massive pain and something wasn't right, he kept tryner play but still in massive pain. then finally they listened got him more scans and turns out he had three broken ribs still the whole time and they missed it on first scan.
maybe why people thought he wasn't into it at easts dunno bout you but would be difficult to play with three broken ribs and nobody believes anything is wrong

A

Aeetee

State of Origin Rep
Mar 4, 2008
There is a difference between pain and thinking your shit don't stink when you play for a team below you. That's the impression some players, not all but some got when he played for Easts. His attitude towards the feeder club lead people to believe he thought he was 'it' and I'm a denan lover and it hurt me to actually hear those words.

M

m1c

NRL Player
Mar 16, 2008
Not too sure what he expected. Winter and Yow Yeh were no mugs.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Aldo
  • Porthoz
  • FACTHUNT
  • Froosh
  • Canga
  • sooticus
  • Brocko
  • Dash
  • davidp
  • jd87
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.