Kemp to Warriors

I don't know what it was tonight but I was FAR more impressed with Kemp in regards to starting to use his footwork, and attempt to run gaps than his 4 tries.

Sure.. he did extremely well to put himself in the positions he did to score, but I tell you what- from what I saw tonight in regards to speed changing direction, ability to TRY hit the smallest of gaps etc. Give him a season or two and he will be the premier winger of the NRL. He just needs to learn which gaps to hit, when etc. Comes with experience. Great pick up by the Warriors IMO.

At the moment, sure hes not setting the world on fire- but alot of subtle stuff he is doing he will grow into a star.

Michaels will be ready and fit at the start of the season, better defender, israel will be scoring 5 tries a game anyway wont he?

Huh? What's that got to do with anything, Kemp is a winger, Michaels is a centre (so I would hope his defense is better). Israel will score 1 try a game tops.

mal said:
Huh? What's that got to do with anything, Kemp is a winger, Michaels is a centre (so I would hope his defense is better). Israel will score 1 try a game tops.

Michaels is a winger too. He's a decent centre, but he is much better on the wing IMHO.

Robinson got shown up by Kemp bigtime. Kemp with another glimpse of what hes got, yet we wont see it again in our colours after this year...bugger

Dear oh dear! Why did we not sign him up? [eusa_doh

Kemp was awesome tonight and showed us the amount of potential he has. I am quite disappointed that he is leaving at the end of the year. He is going to be a star I can feel it. [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi

I will also feel sorry for him at the Warriors because he will not see the ball if he is playing outside of Tate, which is a great shame because he has speed to burn and the footwork to match!

Good luck to him but!

he wont reach his full potential in nz outside witt......

Oh god i feel realy pissed that the Broncos havnt signed him after lastnight. He has started to show he has great footwork and can hit the gaps like somebody said before.
Kemp was a fullback and Michaels was a winger pretty sure.

There's a little snippet in the paper this morning which says according to the new NRL rules we have a week to offer him another contract which he can accept.

Do it I say!

Then we can have another Turner/Lewis situation :roll: [icon_lol1.

This isn't a knee-jerk reaction after last night, but we've made a major blunder on this one IMO. The kid has so much talent it ain't funny. Personally I would've held onto him over someone like Michaels every day of the week.

Beachy said:
This isn't a knee-jerk reaction after last night, but we've made a major blunder on this one IMO. The kid has so much talent it ain't funny. Personally I would've held onto him over someone like Michaels every day of the week.

Completely agree mate, mentioned it in another thread the other day.

Even before last night it was obvious to see that Kemp has that little something special about him.

Well he's got pure speed for starters.

He was the only player in our team who could have scored that try last night.

The Broncos DID offer Kemp a contract guys, but the Warriors one was way more substantial and not a slap in the face like the one the Broncos offered him. He wanted to stay but in the end the Warriors contract was too good to pass up.

Active Now

• Skathen
  • bert_lifts
  • jtupu17
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.