Kennedy signs with Roosters

Re: [RUMOUR] Kennedy leaving the Broncos

Lost: Jake Granville, Ben Hannant, Ben Barba, Josh Hoffman, Martin Kennedy
Gained: Anthony Milford, Greg Eden, Travis Waddell, James Gavet, Mitch Garbutt, Darius Boyd, Trent Merrin

Would we consider that a successful off-season?

Last edited:

Lost: Jake Granville, Ben Hannant, Ben Barba, Josh Hoffman, Martin Kennedy
Gained: Anthony Milford, Greg Eden, James Gavet, Mitch Garbutt, Darius Boyd, Trent Merrin

Would we consider that a successful off-season?

Jake Granville > Waddell
Ben Hannent < Merrin
Ben Barba ~ Boyd
Hoffman < Milford
Kennedy < Gavet
+ Eden

Granville is the only obvious loss if all these pan out but the Milford for Hoffman swap trumps pretty much any argument for it being unsuccessful.

Can't see us getting Merrin for 2015

Well, Hannant and Kennedy were on huge overs, and Barba would be on huge overs in 2016.

We really don't want to get into the same situation as the Dragons, have a mediocre squad that actually has to offload players. Get rid of all these overpaid guys.

Personally I can't see Merrin coming he wants huge money and he probably won't get it from us.

We really don't want to get into the same situation as the Dragons...

You're right to that point.

The Dragons can't compete because they have the smallest pack in the comp.

We are heading the same way.

Small packs don't win comps.

Most overrated player (in terms of bang for your buck) in our team is McGuire. He simply doesn't stop the bigger forwards at the advantage line.

We need size. At this stage, we aren't in a position to get rid of Kennedy.

Ps we aren't in a position to get rid of Barba either unless we've got someone better lined up. We don't.

Last edited:

Most overrated player in our team is McGuire. He simply doesn't stop the bigger forwards at the advantage line.

Ps we aren't in a position to get rid of Barba either unless we've got someone better lined up. We don't.

This is true, and i hope Wayne knows it too.

Look, Kennedy is a bopper ... which is exactly what we need. If WB can get his head right and have him firing then he'll be a massive asset to the club.

Let's hope we keep him and give him another crack for the 2015 season at least.

So we got one of the Storms ISC props and they got one of ours. Even.

This is true, and i hope Wayne knows it too.

Look, Kennedy is a bopper ... which is exactly what we need. If WB can get his head right and have him firing then he'll be a massive asset to the club.

Let's hope we keep him and give him another crack for the 2015 season at least.

I think he does mate.

That's why, until I see us signing JWH or a Burgess, I'll doubt this rumour (I don't doubt Morkel, I think maybe he misheard or someone at triple m got their wires crossed).

We have Boyd lined up do we?

Your info is better than mine.....

The only information I have is that we currently employ Wayne Bennett, if he calls, Boyd comes.

Damnit, I was hoping Barba would stay and show whether he could return to his old form. And with one of the smallest packs out there Kennedy with some good coaching could have been one of the cornerstones of success in 2015. I'd much prefer to see the Broncos keeo them both and try to improve them instead of just writing them off and paying part of their salary while they tear it up at another club.

Most overrated player (in terms of bang for your buck) in our team is McGuire. He simply doesn't stop the bigger forwards at the advantage line.

I feel like a guy with a small penis saying this, but size isn't everything. Of course it helps, but Kennedy isn't better than McGuire. He isn't better than Parker. McGuire not matching up to other front rowers because he's small is a massive fallacy too.

Matt Scott weighs 106. Nate Myles weighs 105. They haven't won premierships, but they are up there in the top 5 of the best props in the game and they have dominated at all levels for a long time now.

Some of the best forwards in the game are not exactly big..

Size isn't everything. It's how you use it.

I don't think you need a big pack to win comps. Dragons forwards are just crap.

Last edited:

Will believe it when I see it haha, these rumours are fustrating me!

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • Brocko
  • Skathen
  • ChewThePhatt
  • sooticus
  • Mustafur
  • Browny
  • Spoon
  • BroncosAlways
  • Sproj
  • davidp
  • FACTHUNT
  • IceWorks
  • Cavalo
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.