Kennedy signs with Roosters

Re: [RUMOUR] Kennedy leaving the Broncos

Please leave the links to one thread, but on that I'm happy that Barba is still potentially staying. I like Kennedy but have no issues with him leaving.

Please leave the links to one thread, but on that I'm happy that Barba is still potentially staying. I like Kennedy but have no issues with him leaving.

IMO these links were relevant to all the threads posted in, as they were about multiple players who all have their own thread. I guess a good middle ground in future might be to post the link but also copy & paste the relevant text that relates to the player in the thread title?

Eg:

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...ld-stay-a-bronco/story-fniabm4i-1227098991961

" Bennett’s fire sale has kicked into full gear with Kennedy telling close friends he won’t be at the club next season as he negotiates a future with up to four NRL rivals... "

Barba's manager has called the Shark rumours rubbish and said at this stage he will be at the club next season

Is anyone else getting worried about the fact that we are a prop short if Kennedy is let go along with Hannant already leaving.

I would have absolutely no problem with Kennedy leaving.

he's a pillow, who cares if he's 9 feet tall and 500 pounds, if he hits the defensive line like mash potato then his size is irrelevant.

he has been a huge disappointment since he signed, if there's a club stupid enough to take him off our hands, absolutely.

a 200k saving is better than 0.

Is anyone else getting worried about the fact that we are a prop short if Kennedy is let go along with Hannant already leaving.

Who knows if Bennett thinks Parker will suit prop? With him & McGuire starting, we really only need impact props. Gavet & Garbutt suit that role, if Dodds stays he's there as depth, Ofahengaue etc. It would be a concern if there are injuries & during the rep period.

The last thing in the world I want to do is subsidise a prop for Melbourne of all clubs
They are the last club that needs help

Who cares? If we think he is no use to us, that is all that is important. If he was an asset to the side, we wouldn't release him.

No issues with Kennedy leaving TBH as long as we arent paying too much of his contract for another club. Can't really think of a prop we have on the books that I would start Kennedy over.

For some reason I get the feeling that if we let Kennedy go and Barba for that matter, they'll regain form, and we'd all be wondering why we let them go.

I think they deserve a chance under Bennett before writing them off. If they still fail to deliver then by all means they may need to go. I don't think their performances this year is a fair indication of what they have to offer, especially with Griffin coach.

Perhaps a change in coach will do the world of good for both players. Plus, since Bennett is known for his relationships with his players, I assume by getting to know and understand his players, he'll know exactly what to do to get both players firing.

Towards the end of the season, Kennedy was running with a bit of venom, something he can build upon with Bennett's guidance. It actually would be a shame to lose him. For the first time we've had a big prop at the Broncos, and it would be great to see what Bennett can do with him.

We should keep Barba this year and go hard for DCE next year. 1. Milf, 6. Hunt, 7. DCE, 9. Macca is probably the best spine in the competition. DCE is a real chance of leaving now with all this talk of Watmough and Stewart staying.

I'm fine with getting rid of Kennedy and Hoffman. Kennedy just isn't the player we thought he was, and Hoffman is cancerous to have around the club with his demands and tantrums to play in crucial positions in the spine.

**** DCE
I'm more than happy with Hunt and Milford and he is a greedy **** who will demand mega bucks for his next contract.

**** DCE
I'm more than happy with Hunt and Milford and he is a greedy **** who will demand mega bucks for his next contract.

I tend to agree with this. I do feel DCE is slightly overrated and would demand way too much in a position we have very well covered. What we need is front rowers, not any more backs.

In my opinion a 1. Barba 6. Milford 7. Hunt 9. McCullough spine will be very dangerous once all combinations start to click.

For some reason I get the feeling that if we let Kennedy go and Barba for that matter, they'll regain form, and we'd all be wondering why we let them go.

I think they deserve a chance under Bennett before writing them off. If they still fail to deliver then by all means they may need to go. I don't think their performances this year is a fair indication of what they have to offer, especially with Griffin coach.

Perhaps a change in coach will do the world of good for both players. Plus, since Bennett is known for his relationships with his players, I assume by getting to know and understand his players, he'll know exactly what to do to get both players firing.

Towards the end of the season, Kennedy was running with a bit of venom, something he can build upon with Bennett's guidance. It actually would be a shame to lose him. For the first time we've had a big prop at the Broncos, and it would be great to see what Bennett can do with him.

I've given up on worrying whether players would perform elsewhere. For me it used to be like whether the other team was a better shagger - you wouldn't want to break up with your player just in case. But we've lost established players (A Sims, Te'o, Setu etc) and they've not turned in to superstars, and we've lost plenty of younger players (Winterstein, Beale, Norman, Lui, Frei) and again they haven't performed any better for anyone else. While our recruitment hasn't been the best, overall the players we've let go have been the right choice. Even Tariq Sims was the right choice at the time, considering he was probably 6th or 7th in line. As it turns out, the Broncos are difficult to shame in the sack.

**** DCE

Yeah, over time I'm getting more of a negative vibe. He speaks very well but it's almost a Greenberg-type calculated rhetoric. As much as I hate Manly, he's really held them to ransom over his future. He's fully in his right to wait until it's time to negotiate and not comment either way, but it seems to me that there will be zero loyalty when the time comes, and he doesn't care if the Sea Eagles have to pre-emptively strip talent to keep the cap space available on the off-chance that he stays, and that's not someone I want at the Broncos. It's mercinary-like and I want the Broncos to be successful every year, not just for a small window that requires another 3 or 4 year rebuild.

Who knows if Bennett thinks Parker will suit prop? With him & McGuire starting, we really only need impact props. Gavet & Garbutt suit that role, if Dodds stays he's there as depth, Ofahengaue etc. It would be a concern if there are injuries & during the rep period.

If we start with Parker and McGuire enjoy watching us get run over the top of again next year and the year after and the year after.

Unfortunately, small packs don't win comps.

For those people talking about Myles and Scott, the GC are also rans and the NQ have or have had other big boppers (Tamou, Taumalolo, Sims), we don't.

Remember you need to be able to stop the other team rolling forward and you can't do that with lightweight frontrowers.

We won't win a comp until we have a pack who are big enough to compete with Souths etc.

So basically sign Souths entire front row or you can't win anything ever.

Forward pack is big: people complain it's not mobile
Forward pack is mobile: people complain it's not big

So basically sign Souths entire front row or you can't win anything ever.

I didn't say that. Don't be disingenuous.

My point remains. Our pack got run over the top of this year. I don't see how starting with the same two props fixes that problem.

When it comes to props, size does matter. Has done since league was invented.

Active Now

• LittleDavey
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Dash
  • Broncosgirl
  • lynx000
  • TimWhatley
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Justwin
  • sooticus
  • levikaden
  • achievedrap
  • Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.