VOTE Kev’s end of season mark

How do you rate Kev’s 2021 performance?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Melbourne first round with “Coates” that’s a given and then whenever latrine is due back (probably round two) so souths because “Reynolds”then maybe bulldogs rounds three with “tpj” depends if he gets a suspension this season though…. Then we’ll get panthers because “capewell”
Titans “Fifita”
Warriors “Walsh”
Cowboys “Timmy dudins”
The BS of our "draws" the last few years is highlighted in the fact that that would be our best start to a season in years schedule-wise. Only the top 3 teams straight away! I'm used to us playing the top 4 twice and 5-8th in the 1st 12 rounds of the "random" and "fair" draw just to really get us off to a good start

The last poll i gave Kev a zero as it was right after a game where we went right back to doing everything we could to lose. It was a bit of a roller coaster of a season and although we finished back at the bottom I am pretty happy with the direction Kev and the new management are going. They better sign Oates though.

The BS of our "draws" the last few years is highlighted in the fact that that would be our best start to a season in years schedule-wise. Only the top 3 teams straight away! I'm used to us playing the top 4 twice and 5-8th in the 1st 12 rounds of the "random" and "fair" draw just to really get us off to a good start
If we get another bodgie draw, I’m jumping on carriage one of the conspiracy train.

For reference, 139 members voted in the mid season mark poll and Kev averaged a mark of: 3.14/10

I think the biggest issue is that we haven't really moved forward any with our dummy-half situation

You can't say Turpin has gotten better, he is slightly more threatening than McCullough and occasionally he puts in a nice kick that gets them coming out of a corner but it's not really anything that would give any teams something to talk about in their team meetings

I can't see Billy Walters being the guy that changes that and as far as I know we haven't signed anyone else, it's an issue moving forward. We need some sort of spark out of dummy-half and we aren't getting it

I think the biggest issue is that we haven't really moved forward any with our dummy-half situation

You can't say Turpin has gotten better, he is slightly more threatening than McCullough and occasionally he puts in a nice kick that gets them coming out of a corner but it's not really anything that would give any teams something to talk about in their team meetings

I can't see Billy Walters being the guy that changes that and as far as I know we haven't signed anyone else, it's an issue moving forward. We need some sort of spark out of dummy-half and we aren't getting it

Paix bro.

all true ... but on the positive side, we haven't rushed out and made a hooker signing for the sake of it, when there have been no quality hookers available for next year.

I'd like your comments but since I have been a poster here there's never been a like button on my screen, not sure what the issue is.

6, others have covered the reasons but basically we've a lot more heart, the blowouts have stopped, save for a few crappy decisions (player and referee) we could have a few more wins. Next year looks promising which isn't something you could say earlier this year.

Slightly over a pass mark, potentially a long term option but next year is going to give us a lot more insight into whether he is/isn't.
Have the blowouts stopped just for us or is it a bit more widespread across the teams? Just wondering if 'six agains' are less frequent or are the refs 'managing the gaps' better?

As for KW he's definitely a pass mark. For a rookie he achieved probably 70% of his season goals.
Things like consistency, making the eight and regaining the aura and prestige of the former Broncos teams haven't been achieved but a lot of other things have been.

Winning more often, greater team spirit, improving roster, fan re-engagement, discovery of new talent, general positivity after years of despair are all achievements.

Have the blowouts stopped just for us or is it a bit more widespread across the teams? Just wondering if 'six agains' are less frequent or are the refs 'managing the gaps' better?

As for KW he's definitely a pass mark. For a rookie he achieved probably 70% of his season goals.
Things like consistency, making the eight and regaining the aura and prestige of the former Broncos teams haven't been achieved but a lot of other things have been.

Winning more often, greater team spirit, improving roster, fan re-engagement, discovery of new talent, general positivity after years of despair are all achievements.
You raise a good point. The last few weeks have been a far improvement but there is a risk of it being overly contributed to coaching.

1. As you said, the blow outs somewhat reduced naturally anyway
2. The draw was far far more favourable in the second half of the season for the broncos
3. We played from Suncorp every week since about round 15. Massive advantage

Things are definitely improving but there are a number of external variables that helped.

I'd like your comments but since I have been a poster here there's never been a like button on my screen, not sure what the issue is.

Are you running an ad-blocker? This is generally the reason there won't be a like button. If you disable the ad blocker for this site and reload the window, it should work.

For reference, 139 members voted in the mid season mark poll and Kev averaged a mark of: 3.14/10
Did someone say pie?
589f394f659d45b6d81717ec229d3975

Active Now

• Culhwch
  • Harry Sack
  • sooticus
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.