VOTE Kev’s midseason mark

Rate Kev as a coach so far

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Read and Badel have turned on Kevvie this weekend, citing mixed messages and awkward man management. This is on Kevvie, not them: he's taken the team back to the bottom of the table, made some questionable choices and done nothing to suggest he can deliver on his promise to restore unity.

It looks like it's over for him, to be honest. Here's what the readers think

View attachment 13669

This is how it starts, and then it snowballs with every loss. The only way back out of this hole is to win, or to sign some big names that might give a glimmer of hope for next year.
Read is good mates with Pies and Badel is Badel. So i think there is agenda at play here.

As I've said elsewhere dumping the club's bridge to the past is likely to do more damage than good at this point. Unless they can land a killer replacement. There are only four candidates that I can think of who would bring in fresh cattle, none of whom are likely:

1. Bennett. He's available and needs no introduction. Could the two parties kiss and make up? We don't know. Would he be willing to take his mate Kevvie's job? We don't know. A grandfather role is more likely. Could happen. But odds are still against.

2. Bellamy. Not happening. Full stop.

3. Cameron Smith. Few doubt Smith could become a great coach. But being Head Coach of the Broncos is more than being a smart footballer who can teach plays. It looks like Kevvie is spending more time in the back room than the front. Smith has no experience at either. Nor has he shown any interest in serving an apprenticeship. Not happening.

4. England coach Shaun Wane. An unknown in this country, but the best England has to offer. Nothing to suggest this could or would happen, but fans would probably react in much the same way as when Donuts was preferred over Ikin. A long shot apropos of nothing.

Other than these names you're into nobodies like a Seibold type - which won't cut it - or industry stalwarts like Gould, Fitler or one of the Johns brothers, of which realistically none spring to mind.

Conclusion: Despite denials, I'd be surprised if Bennett isn't already in the conversation in a oversight role. Walters to survive the season.
Flanagan, Jason Ryles, Adrian Lam there are a number of different options depending on which way the club wanted to go.

Surely any potential role we would sign him on for 2022 would be multi-year to avoid him jumping ship.

He had a year to run on his last contract. I don't think it would faze him at all to sign a multiyear deal with the Broncs and as soon as the time came, walk out on it to join Brisbane lite.

He had a year to run on his last contract. I don't think it would faze him at all to sign a multiyear deal with the Broncs and as soon as the time came, walk out on it to join Brisbane lite.
He was trying to extend his last contract, not leave it early.

But yeah I get the sentiment that contracts aren't worth the paper they're written on. I imagine whoever wins the bid will want their coach active in the recruitment during 2022 so I think that rules Bennett out from having his finger in both pies.

The only problem with that is if there was a signed contract the Broncos could get an injunction to restrain him from doing that. See what happened with DD and the Storm.

The only problem with that is if there was a signed contract the Broncos could get an injunction to restrain him from doing that. See what happened with DD and the Storm.

Wayne is smart enough to work his way around it.

The club that gives away all their players and refuses to challenge the nrl hierarchy, MRc, or judiciary? Yeah nah we won’t do that. We’ll probably end up paying for him to coach elsewhere.

This player revolt story, true or not is irrelevant. Every player except for Payne Haas is expendable. If you're not happy, don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

Player revolt or revolting players? I know which one I'm going with.

The dogs are looking well and truly better coached with a worse team.
They are building nicely and their attacking structure, though lacking polish and manpower is far improved.

Not hard for the playing group to be unhappy when probably about 12 of them have been told to look elsewhere or told they will not be extended beyond 2021.
100% that flop Badels story, anonymous Oates. And as far am I'm concerned dolphin hands can leave now.

Sterlo is spot on here. The coaches have been taking the fall while the players get coddled for far too long. It's about time the entitled little shits get a taste of the real world. Footy is their JOB, not a luxury, and if any of us performed as badly in our jobs as they do in theirs, we would be out on our ass.

Active Now

• Fozz
  • KateBroncos1812
  • lynx000
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • BroncosAlways
  • Santa
  • Astro
  • Dony Eliakim
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncosgirl
  • barker
  • Dash
  • Bish
  • mystico
  • Xzei
  • davidp
  • Manofoneway
  • Lurker
  • Allo
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.