VOTE Kev’s midseason mark

Rate Kev as a coach so far

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Kevvie staying is more likely than either of them.
No doubt, but it’s only delaying the inevitable and I can’t see the candidates improving much in 12 months time. Paul Green will be coach sooner or later.

Read and Badel have turned on Kevvie this weekend, citing mixed messages and awkward man management. This is on Kevvie, not them: he's taken the team back to the bottom of the table, made some questionable choices and done nothing to suggest he can deliver on his promise to restore unity.

It looks like it's over for him, to be honest. Here's what the readers think

View attachment 13669

This is how it starts, and then it snowballs with every loss. The only way back out of this hole is to win, or to sign some big names that might give a glimmer of hope for next year.

Not a good sign for him. He's got this year to turn around or he's never going to win the fanbase back. F. Hope the board has started the new coach search.

Not a good sign for him. He's got this year to turn around or he's never going to win the fanbase back. F. Hope the board has started the new coach search.
I think the huge changes at the club could definitely buy Kev (rightfully or wrongly) another season.

The club’s actions this weak has places the blame on Nolan, the high performance staff, this assistant coaches, and the players.

If the club replaces these people with exciting prospects (Parr, Ryles, Bennett, Hodgson, Capewell, + Reynolds or any other combination of perceived improvement) then Kev will be given another season.

It’s the same as Seibold, the first season everyone blamed Wayne and Macca/Moose/Kodi/Roberts etc. by season 2 fans expect a coach to have run out of excuses and if they aren’t performing then the wheels fall off very quickly.

I think the huge changes at the club could definitely buy Kev (rightfully or wrongly) another season.

The club’s actions this weak has places the blame on Nolan, the high performance staff, this assistant coaches, and the players.

If the club replaces these people with exciting prospects (Parr, Ryles, Bennett, Hodgson, Capewell, + Reynolds or any other combination of perceived improvement) then Kev will be given another season.

It’s the same as Seibold, the first season everyone blamed Wayne and Macca/Moose/Kodi/Roberts etc. by season 2 fans expect a coach to have run out of excuses and if they aren’t performing then the wheels fall off very quickly.

I hope for Kev's sake, that happens sooner rather than later. The "Go da Bonx" fans don't care for general thought, they just see the scoreboard, and the coach who is clearly out of his depth.

I hope he comes good, but if we don't rack up a win in the next 4 weeks, well he can go **** himself.

I think its a press beat up tbh. I've spoken to a couple of blokes there and its more about him ( like the article says ) not communicating well enough. I dont reckon its arrogance, and he isnt unpopular, i'm getting the impression he is overwhelmed.
Watch any presser Kevvie does and it’s not hard to imagine players being confused. We said it before he got the job, if he communicates the way he does for Fox he will have problems.

The article felt desperate to me, there wasn’t much meat on the bones. The crap about how Kelly didn’t get recorded receiving his debut jumper was, not only a ridiculous reach, but factually wrong. The club have put up videos all year of players families presenting them with their debut jumpers and making a big deal about it.

I voted a 3.

I'm not so disappointed with our ladder position because I expected it. I'm not so upset about losing most games because with our draw I expected it. I'm not even mad that we're trying to cut half the roster because we should be doing just that. He doesn't have the cattle.

What drives the poor mark is that his team selections are confusing and there is no consistency with his approach. There is no clear direction with how we are trying to play and no recognisable patterns of play.

I watch alot of different sports and the one thing that is clear when a good coach takes charge of a team is that you can identify that players that are improving.

The most damning indictment on Kev right now is that I cant name a single player that has improved.

I'm not on the Kev out bandwagon but he's running out of time and fast.

I just think he way out his depth he used what 7 different half pairing who is to say we get all these new players and he might drop them straight away there was enough talent in this 30 man squad he just not up to this rebuild

i don’t see Wayne coming back at the end of the year given his comments last week.

It is a two-edged sword really. With the board still there, he isn’t coming back. If the board did go and he did come back, I’m sure he would still jump ship to Brisbane 2 in 2023 anyway and be happy to let the door hit him on the way out and laugh the whole time.

He is exactly what we need and exactly what we don’t need all at the same time.

It is a two-edged sword really. With the board still there, he isn’t coming back. If the board did go and he did come back, I’m sure he would still jump ship to Brisbane 2 in 2023 anyway and be happy to let the door hit him on the way out and laugh the whole time.

Surely any potential role we would sign him on for 2022 would be multi-year to avoid him jumping ship.

Your sauce or gut sauce?
Gut sauce. I wouldn't trust what Wayne tells journos. He has indicated things to sauce though. He selectively tells people different things. If he said to Hooper for example hes coming, he would tell Sloth hes not that interested.

I think deep down Bennett still loves the club he helped build. Once most of the board is gone, I can see him forgiving us.

I think deep down Bennett still loves the club he helped build. Once most of the board is gone, I can see him forgiving us.
WB loves to fix something. Hes always been great at man management.

This job falls right into hes sweet spot of end of career opportunities. If he could help fix the broncos and end his career where hes spent most of it - he would. I don't see the new QLD team being able to win a comp with the power of Melbourne and Roosters currently. Hes smart enough to let things of the past go.

I think its a press beat up tbh. I've spoken to a couple of blokes there and its more about him ( like the article says ) not communicating well enough. I dont reckon its arrogance, and he isnt unpopular, i'm getting the impression he is overwhelmed.
It's definitely a "press beat up" but it's not without cause. Otherwise what you said. I doubt there's a "revolt" but no one is happy about being bottom of the table.

I can't be arsed summarizing it. Hit me up on DM if you want to read it in full. There's nothing in there you couldn't piece together yourself other than he's extrapolating what we've seen from Kevvie in pressers onto how he's managing players. Obviously if he's talking about flicking players and not giving them proper guidance and feedback, they're going to feel insecure. He's playing with their livelihoods.

Imagine your girlfriend spends all her time ogling other blokes, tells you everything is fine just to be yourself, then cancels your dates at the last minute with an explanation that doesn't make sense. That's Kevvie.

Active Now

• Old Mate
  • The True King
  • azza.79
  • Foordy
  • Bucking Beads
  • lynx000
  • Jazza
  • broncos4life
  • Wolfie
  • bb_gun
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Sproj
  • NSW stables
  • Fozz
  • kman
  • Santa
  • heartly87
  • Culhwch
  • Broncosgirl
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.