VOTE Kev’s midseason mark

Rate Kev as a coach so far

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thanks, appreciate the thought but I'm a tough old bastard! I wouldn't cop anywhere near the flak if we were a winning team and club. People absolutely need to direct their disappointment somewhere and I don't really mind. If I had a beer with most they'd probably soften up a little so , all's fair in love, sports and war!
Your shout?

This is where the one team town argument has some merit though - the others may have had smaller crowds but they've also got a lot more competition. We shouldn't really be bragging about the highest attendance or membership etc iyam. We should absolutely shit that in every year without fail.

People just instantly assume this 2nd team will get a huge following, I am not really understanding the motivation as to why or how?

Most of the people I know who aren't Broncos fans and have been based in Brisbane for most of their life are either a Titans fan or a Melbourne fan, maybe there will be some Brisbane fans who jump on the 2nd Brisbane team's bandwagon if they come out firing (much the same as a few are getting behind the Lions after being pure garbage for a long time) but for me, I don't have any respect for those sort of fans.

You either get behind the club in times of need, or you fk off, those are your options. Don't come jump on for the ride and then jump off when it gets a bit tough.

People just instantly assume this 2nd team will get a huge following, I am not really understanding the motivation as to why or how?

Most of the people I know who aren't Broncos fans and have been based in Brisbane for most of their life are either a Titans fan or a Melbourne fan, maybe there will be some Brisbane fans who jump on the 2nd Brisbane team's bandwagon if they come out firing (much the same as a few are getting behind the Lions after being pure garbage for a long time) but for me, I don't have any respect for those sort of fans.

You either get behind the club in times of need, or you fk off, those are your options. Don't come jump on for the ride and then jump off when it gets a bit tough.
This is why I thought the dolphins or the ipswich bids would get up but isnt the Firehawks (lol) the favourite now?

Whilst I liked Tallis’ rant, let’s not forget he was the one who ‘lured’ Fifita away from the club..
Also, where was he when Seibold was copping this sort of pressure in the media? He was one of the very vocal kicking the boot in and now ironically under kev (according to the stats) the club is performing even worse.

Let’s face it, he is trying to support this mate Kev, nothing more, nothing less.
In fact he could actually be causing Kev more hurt rather then helping him. Kev has obviously told him who these players are. And by Tallis saying he will call them out, that doesn’t look good for kev if he is passing such info onto Gordie. I would assume he would be telling tallis in the hope he wouldn’t go on ranting to anyone who would listen.
Not denying that Kev is Tallis's mate but what Tallis took issue with was the supposed changing of the culture as well as kicking out the old boys.

We gotta have that beer and joint soon big fella.
Well, I'm on the plane back home as I write this so I have 14 days. Sadly I only get the first four for the HerbSuperb and truthfully, I'm no good to anyone after 7 12 hour nightshifts! So doughy for days. How about we shoot for a gameday catchup?

You’re too kind!!
I’m a real prick (you know that already), there’s no way I’d shout me a beer.
Nah, I honestly don't get that affected by the banter and hand on heart I can tell you I couldn't remember a single insult you've thrown, not even for a wad of cash! Sure, I could do a search but it would only serve to refresh my memory! I just don't take it that personally. Don't change a thing. Keep doing what feels right. I'm good with it and I'd happily buy just about anyone a beer. Mind you, there is that freak with the 'deathjab/murder your kids thing..him, he's not getting a beer!

Nah, I honestly don't get that affected by the banter and hand on heart I can tell you I couldn't remember a single insult you've thrown, not even for a wad of cash! Sure, I could do a search but it would only serve to refresh my memory! I just don't take it that personally. Don't change a thing. Keep doing what feels right. I'm good with it and I'd happily buy just about anyone a beer. Mind you, there is that freak with the 'deathjab/murder your kids thing..him, he's not getting a beer!
Is he getting ......... ?.................................

a vaccination instead of a beer????

Is he getting ......... ?.................................

a vaccination instead of a beer????
I know I'm getting both, Tuesday is deathjab day for me but I suspect a beer might happen a bit earlier 😀

Haven't seen much PineappleHead/Highwayman stuff lately. 🤐

Dude ppl become magnetic after drinking beer, he wouldn’t take your beer anyway.

I don't. But they have a better chance of it if the Broncos are piss poor.

I don't. But they have a better chance of it if the Broncos are piss poor.

This, I think if the club are travelling poorly, they get many of the casual (bandwagon) Broncos fans. which will be harder if the club is strong on the field

they'll also be a good chance of getting fans who support the second Brisbane team's ISC club.

Listened to most of the Adam Reynolds bloke in a bar with Denan Kemp.

He seems like a good guy and that he’ll do his best next year to help turn things around.

The thing I found concerning though is when discussing his decision to chose the broncos over the Sharks, the dot points were this:

Speaking on Sharks:
- Very close to signing with Sharks
- Spoke with Fitzy and thinks he will be a great coach and has a good football brain
- some quality players in the team.

Speaking on Broncos:
- family wanted to leave Sydney if he left bunnies
- Sharks would be basically the same life style just at a different club
- Broncos have some very talented players and when players play against them they can’t figure out why they’re going so bad.
- “You don’t know what they’re being told at training”

Basically he gave Fitzgibbon a massive wrap and didn’t mention Kev at all. He then went on to imply that the team has a lot of talent and it hasn’t been unlocked and he isn’t sure why. Putting forth the possible explanation “you don’t know what they’re being told during the week” and then mentioning how he likes having input into teams and he’s looking forward to seeing if he can help.

In fact in the roughly 20 minutes of speaking about the broncos and other clubs, he didn’t mention Kev once.

Listened to most of the Adam Reynolds bloke in a bar with Denan Kemp.

In fact in the roughly 20 minutes of speaking about the broncos and other clubs, he didn’t mention Kev once.
Which adds to the impression that Kevvie being coach isn't much of a drawcard for this generation of players - unless maybe if they knew him as an Origin coach. His playing legacy is lost on this generation, and even for those of us who've followed his entire career, he was always the little engine who could rather than the star. His star status has been painted in broader brush strokes in reflection of his achievements rather than his presence. He never had the cult status of Alfie, Wally, Mal, Gordie or Lockie. He'd mean even less to NSW players.

Active Now

• FACTHUNT
  • Robboi_321
  • marw
  • Mustafur
  • Footy Fanatic
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Browny
  • DrGee
  • Fitzy
  • kman
  • Harry Sack
  • Financeguy
  • MrTickyMcG
  • something
  • Broncorob
  • Brocko
  • winslow_wong
  • heartly87
  • Nerd
... and 50 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.