VOTE Kev’s midseason mark

Rate Kev as a coach so far

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You can but half a season , really!
You just have it in for Kevvie I think, a gave seibold a season and a half and I wasn't happy with him getting the job.
Why would I have it in for Kev? He’s a very likeable character and nothing would make me happier than him succeeding but the truth is the truth. I hope it all turns around this off season and I can say how impressed I am with him, but so far he’s been very unimpressive in every facet of his role.

I'd give Kevvie a 4/10.

Last year Seaworld had Staggs for 14 games and Fifita for 9 and they both won us games. Walters hasn't had those two players so it's a slight improvement over 2020.

His selections have not been great. Chopping and changing every game. While some were due to injuries I really have to question dropping and then bringing players back in the following game. I understand there is only a certain amount of players a team can use a year (30?) but bringing in Khunt, who was always only ever going to be a stop gap, into the team was a baaaaad move.

I want to see some improvement in the last 5 games. Not wins, just effort/heart.

I'd give Kevvie a 4/10.

Last year Seaworld had Staggs for 14 games and Fifita for 9 and they both won us games. Walters hasn't had those two players so it's a slight improvement over 2020.

His selections have not been great. Chopping and changing every game. While some were due to injuries I really have to question dropping and then bringing players back in the following game. I understand there is only a certain amount of players a team can use a year (30?) but bringing in Khunt, who was always only ever going to be a stop gap, into the team was a baaaaad move.

I want to see some improvement in the last 5 games. Not wins, just effort/heart.
He’d used 33 players in 15 rounds. That’s 1 more than the highest amount of players used by a team in the entire 2020 season.

He’d used 33 players in 15 rounds. That’s 1 more than the highest amount of players used by a team in the entire 2020 season.
If he has been giving players rope to hang themselves then you’d expect a higher number. If this season was indeed about shedding chaff I don’t think it’s necessarily a bad thing.

Having said that, playing Khunt is a head scratcher. All of the ISC followers knew he wasn’t up to it and the two games we’ve seen make it hard to figure out what Kev was doing

I'd give Kevvie a 4/10.

Effort and heart is on the players, can't blame some of them if you're clearly them out though.

Crawley reckons that Green is auditioning for his "dream job" of coaching the Broncos, when QLD run out for Origin 2. although he is says the Kevvie isn't a dead man walking, at this stage

I don't think Green can earn a gig by winning Origin but I think he can lose a gig if he gets pumped 3-0.

Having said that, playing Khunt is a head scratcher. All of the ISC followers knew he wasn’t up to it and the two games we’ve seen make it hard to figure out what Kev was doing

1st game you would expect him to be settling into to his role .
Then 2nd game he had to change position and role early in the game .

Hi guys, just my 2nd time commenting always just happy to read all the ingenious ideas you guys are sharing, i wish that KW can read all the helpful insights from you guys.
As for grading KW i can only give him 1/10 due to the reason that he cant instill teamwork to his players, they have poor attitude as everyone can see and thats why he was hired to take care of those things. Just look at how he uses the interchange, does he really have a clue of what he is doing, he seems lost like a 5th grader in a science class doing experiments hoping for a better result.
I would love to give him a perfect 10 as I love the Broncos so I want him to succeed, but its a long way off just looking at how we had been playing. I have actually stopped watching since magic round, cancelled my Kayo subscription and just read the news.
I may have taken a lot of space writing the same thing as everyone had already said, sorry if my English isnt that good, not my first language and still learning.
Just my opinion guys and hoping for a better Broncos again.
Keep it up guys!

I give Kev 3/10, he has been brought in to tear the first team apart and get rid of dead wood. It was never going to be an easy season but I was hoping for somewhere between 9th-12th.

The fact he has got Reynolds and some of the earlier wins (roosters) is the main reason for a higher vote, but the way the team is playing now is as bad as last season.

I’d give Kev to at least 10 games next season with his new “hand picked “ squad and if we aren’t close to top 8 then it is time to say goodbye.

If he has been giving players rope to hang themselves then you’d expect a higher number. If this season was indeed about shedding chaff I don’t think it’s necessarily a bad thing.
Why do you believe this season was about shedding chaff ?
I thought Kev said exactly the opposite at the beginning of the year and is still claiming we have improved this year ?
When did it go from "We don't do rebuilds at the Broncos" to "This year is all about shedding chaff".
This is just being made up as we go along, simply because the guy wants the cap that says coach on it, whether he is up to the job or not.

Hi guys, just my 2nd time commenting always just happy to read all the ingenious ideas you guys are sharing, i wish that KW can read all the helpful insights from you guys.
As for grading KW i can only give him 1/10 due to the reason that he cant instill teamwork to his players, they have poor attitude as everyone can see and thats why he was hired to take care of those things. Just look at how he uses the interchange, does he really have a clue of what he is doing, he seems lost like a 5th grader in a science class doing experiments hoping for a better result.
I would love to give him a perfect 10 as I love the Broncos so I want him to succeed, but its a long way off just looking at how we had been playing. I have actually stopped watching since magic round, cancelled my Kayo subscription and just read the news.
I may have taken a lot of space writing the same thing as everyone had already said, sorry if my English isnt that good, not my first language and still learning.
Just my opinion guys and hoping for a better Broncos again.
Keep it up guys!
Great thoughts Broncosnproud and please keep contributing. We all love the club and want it to do well, and no one wishes anything but the best for good people like Kev, but it's looking awful for the reasons you have summed up well.

Why do you believe this season was about shedding chaff ?
I thought Kev said exactly the opposite at the beginning of the year and is still claiming we have improved this year ?
When did it go from "We don't do rebuilds at the Broncos" to "This year is all about shedding chaff".
This is just being made up as we go along, simply because the guy wants the cap that says coach on it, whether he is up to the job or not.
Because smokin Joe acknowledged it when I mentioned it, and the guy has has more inside info than any other on this forum.

He’s got a point though, I believed Kevvie two days ago or whenever it was. I didn’t really care if they were fucking off or not but they said they were staying and then bam they’re off. It’s just rank unprofessionalism and it’s been permeating out of the joint for three fucking years.

Also, I don’t get why Ikin was the one to **** milf off, he’s been here for two seconds after milf has for 7 years. Surely Kevvie could man up and do it?

Active Now

• Fozz
  • Big Del
  • john1420
  • Bucking Beads
  • Lurker
  • The Strapper
  • Financeguy
  • Xzei
  • Bish
  • Mister Wright
  • Tim K
  • Swordfish
  • Brocko
  • Sproj
  • broncotville
  • Wolfie
  • davidp
  • jarro65
  • Foordy
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.