VOTE Kev’s midseason mark

Rate Kev as a coach so far

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Michael Morgan was asked if he thought Kevvie could be successful as an NRL coach and he was fairly measured in his answer, saying he was a very emotional coach, which is good because you want someone that cares, but he probably needs someone less emotional next to him that can be direct & honest to provide stability.

Fair to say a lot of decisions kevvie has made this year, and got wrong, have been emotional ones. We've seen it in his selections. Maybe he can learn to tone it down a bit, but If he is to continue at the club he probably needs a senior assistant that can help steer the ship in the same way Hagan and King did for Mal.

Michael Morgan was asked if he thought Kevvie could be successful as an NRL coach and he was fairly measured in his answer, saying he was a very emotional coach, which is good because you want someone that cares, but he probably needs someone less emotional next to him that can be direct & honest to provide stability.

Fair to say a lot of decisions kevvie has made this year, and got wrong, have been emotional ones. We've seen it in his selections. Maybe he can learn to tone it down a bit, but If he is to continue at the club he probably needs a senior assistant that can help steer the ship in the same way Hagan and King did for Mal.
Sounds like Henry would be a perfect assistant for him

Surely for this to succeed you'd need to break the field down into ten metre zones and ensure each player followed their individually customized game plan for each zone though.

And when giving these instructions, I reckon it would be a good idea to talk while scratching one shoulder and waving the other hand over your mouth.

Surely for this to succeed you'd need to break the field down into ten metre zones and ensure each player followed their individually customized game plan for each zone though.
If you don't know what your customised game plan is, pull out your note pad.

In all seriousness though, that's what the Storm do. This is why they are the way they are. There was an article recently about Harry Grant rocking up to a Tigers video review session last year with a notepad and everyone wtf he was doing... "All the Storm players do this. Cameron did it. Billy did it. It's just how they do things down there." These guys are dedicated, they take their job seriously, and that's exactly why they are where they are.

Meanwhile our captain last year was "it's just a game"-ing. Our marquee player is by his own admission a shitty trainer...who, interestingly enough, was called out publicly by one of the Tigers' best while he was moonlighting with us for 12 months. Our captain would only write notes if he could Insta it afterwards. Deadset, do we all realise just how far off the actual pace we are these days???

Penrith are a different kettle of fish. A bunch of talented young guys mostly, who have come through the system together essentially, mostly pre-kids themselves, who probably hang around together a lot outside of footy stuff. That's a different dynamic. Melbourne is what we want to replicate IMO and it starts with having the right players with a few smarts and the right mindset. We have 2x OP1 forwards in the ranks, that's a fair start. Get a mix of talent, good coaching, work ethic and experience and watch the club climb the ranks. ATM we're lacking #2 and #4 IMO, but I'm seeing big changes happening to rectify that.

In all seriousness though, that's what the Storm do. This is why they are the way they are. There was an article recently about Harry Grant rocking up to a Tigers video review session last year with a notepad and everyone wtf he was doing... "All the Storm players do this. Cameron did it. Billy did it. It's just how they do things down there." These guys are dedicated, they take their job seriously, and that's exactly why they are where they are.

Meanwhile our captain last year was "it's just a game"-ing. Our marquee player is by his own admission a shitty trainer...who, interestingly enough, was called out publicly by one of the Tigers' best while he was moonlighting with us for 12 months. Our captain would only write notes if he could Insta it afterwards. Deadset, do we all realise just how far off the actual pace we are these days???

Penrith are a different kettle of fish. A bunch of talented young guys mostly, who have come through the system together essentially, mostly pre-kids themselves, who probably hang around together a lot outside of footy stuff. That's a different dynamic. Melbourne is what we want to replicate IMO and it starts with having the right players with a few smarts and the right mindset. We have 2x OP1 forwards in the ranks, that's a fair start. Get a mix of talent, good coaching, work ethic and experience and watch the club climb the ranks. ATM we're lacking #2 and #4 IMO, but I'm seeing big changes happening to rectify that.
The club dictates who we are, not the players. Set a standard and those that fail to buy in are promptly moved on. But we have to know what we want to be first.

We are at rock bottom, we can’t just go looking for the sugar hit as DD puts it, we have to set ourselves up for sustained excellence.

Ive got no issues with notepads and strategies......Football isn't rocket science to play, so they wont be transcribing the latin dialect into morse code via the enigma coding machine.

I agree, but one of the key things you missed here is Craig, he does all the home work, writes all the assignments, does the lectures and essentially hands it to them rapped in a bow. The only thing those blokes have to do is pass the test on game day, hence why he blows his lid if they miss something. Cronk recently explained it in depth, the bloke watches hours and hours of footage, breaks down everything for his players individually and each and every player knows exactly what they have to do. He said something like every player knows exactly what their opposite player will do in every situation. Nothing should surprise them. I don't know many people who could do that, it's special. Whatever Pies thought he was doing it wasn't it. Top post but it is what we should be aiming for, being the best.

It was interesting to hear Read talk on Nine on the weekend and say the media is turning on Kevvie and once that happens, it is almost impossible to turn it back. I reckon Kevvie has about a month to show something or he's a dead man walking, rightly or wrongly.

It was interesting to hear Read talk on Nine on the weekend and say the media is turning on Kevvie and once that happens, it is almost impossible to turn it back. I reckon Kevvie has about a month to show something or he's a dead man walking, rightly or wrongly.

he does work for the Broncos ... it was inevitable

KWs here to stay. He will live and die by next years first 10 games results though I believe. If the media turn on him it might be doing him a favour. I've seen the media relentlessly attack WB at different times, absolutely hounding him yet he rose above it time and again. Imo KW will do the same. I think DoubleD will have his back and KW will have supporters that will help him.

It makes you wonder who's managers dropped some incentives into their accounts to do so. Keeps the focus of their players.

Seriously, **** what the media think.

Anyone who truly thought we would somehow improve our monumentally glaring weaknesses in less than a year, with a weaker squad no less, is an absolute imbecile.

I honestly don’t believe DD will bow to the media pressure. Even if he thinks Walters’ is not right for the job, he will let him see out his contract. Doing otherwise just allows our squad of mostly entitled players even more leeway to think the diabolical results are never their fault, always someone else’s.

Three consecutive coaches have failed to get this rabble working properly, so this blaming someone else for everything attitude has got to stop. I believe DD recognises this and is willing to stay the coarse at least until this time next year before he even considers flicking Walters.

Active Now

• kiwi2
  • Big Del
  • Xzei
  • theshed
  • Broncosgirl
  • Santa
  • Cavalo
  • GCBRONCO
  • Dash
  • Midean
  • Sproj
  • Adammacca
  • BruiserMk1
  • Gaz
  • IceWorks
  • FACTHUNT
  • johnny plath
  • westy316
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.