Kevin Walters in a coaching role

Griffin has performed remarkebly beyond all expectations and I'm certainly not calling for his head at all. In fact over the next 5-10 years he could really take this team into a Golden Age, with some support.

I guess the point of the topic is that Kevvie might offer something in 3-4 seasons; knows the Broncos culture, trained under Bellamy, a genuine and smart playmaker.

... but there's something just missing. Obviously that's Darren Lockyer, but he's gone, so we have to find a way to patch over that gaping hole and that means getting more out of the players that relied on him so much when it came to the crunch.

There is no Lockyer there, and at the moment there's nobody in the playing group with anywhere near his nous or leadership, so it's got to be a combination of individual players stepping up to do more, and the coaching staff empowering them to do so by giving them new ideas and strategies.

Perhaps a new consultant, or full time assistant from outside the club can bring that fresh approach to things.

Big offseason ahead.

This. That's the key.

As for some one to help with the coaching, judging by some of the truly excellent attacking plays this season, do we really need that?

It's that leadership on the field - that is what we need (and I still don't think Hunt is the answer at half).

How's about we give it more than one season to judge whether the Broncos need new coaches, and staff? We have a very young team who are being guided around the field by a pretty average half-back.

We came out of the blocks way too early this season. No different to any other season where things have died off. When we were winning, the boys looked fresh and energetic. Still sprinting back for a 20m restart even if it was 10 minutes from the end of the game, and the opposition couldn't win.

They were dead in their tracks towards the end of the year. They are all young, we had a few key injuries, and the team, and staff, will learn from it.

It's not the end of the world. At the end of the day, we did make the finals, we did give it a crack, and we didn't win.

That's probably the best post you've ever made on here and I agree whole heartedly.

I agree, Nashy nailed it in my view.

Active Now

• thenry
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncosgirl
  • Skathen
  • bb_gun
  • Emanon
  • Manlyman
  • Ondi
  • NSW stables
  • rnabokov
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.