NEWS Kevin Walters interview

I don't think many fans at all thought the club was playing coy, they are hopelessly out of their depth to be able to do that.
I was taking specifically about a few posters who were saying Kev was lying when he came out and said “what we got is what we got” in regards to our roster next season.

Milford was lazy before Seibold showed up. Always got by on talent and he never built on the game he had, getting worse over time. If he’s our captain I’ll be questioning where I stand as a fan. Tired of the club kicking us when we are down and being so out of touch with what is needed. He doesn’t deserve it. If we could somehow release him after this year that would be great, unless he wants 300k a year. Because that’s all he’s worth at the moment, if that.

Last edited:
Milford was lazy before Seibold showed up. Always got by on talent and he never built on the game he had, getting worse over time. If he’s our captain I’ll be questioning where I stand as a fan. Tired of the club kicking us when we are down and being so out of touch with what is needed. He doesn’t deserve it. If we could somehow release him after this year that would be great, unless he wants 300k a year. Because that’s all he’s worth at the moment, if that.

Milford has been a major disappointment since getting his pay day. in his defence, it’s a team sport he plays and the team has been trash right across the park and even off the park for the last 2 years. So unless Kevvie can get every position up to scratch you’re gonna be disappointed with Milford again

Surprised Kevvie didn’t show the same faith in Dearden that he has in Milford.
Dearden has shown very little to deserve the hype on this forum. He hasn’t been bad but he’s won like 3 games in his career, and has very limited output in the key statistical metrics for a halfback.

milf has at least in the past shown the ability to be elite, and was doing it from a younger age than Tom currently is.

to be fair to Tom he was debuted under the worst ever coach in any professional sport, anywhere, ever in the world and I would expect him to improve under Kevvie as I expect Milf to regain his poty winning form.

Interview continues, drilling down on the captaincy:

“I’m leaving the captaincy open for the moment. Myself and the coaching staff will watch everyone training and their reactions on and off the field will be important. I am not at all concerned about the perception we have a lack of leaders and whether we have a captain for next year. We will start pre-season on Monday and we will have two months after Christmas to identify the captain.

“It will only be one person
. I won’t have co-captains. I will be using the next few months to look at who can lead the club forward into 2021.”

“Nobody has the inside running. Alex was captain this year and I know Alex from my previous stints here (as assistant coach). Alex has been a great player for the club. I will be having a look at everyone over pre-season to determine my captain. Alex did a good job as captain this year and he will certainly be part of the leadership group moving forward.”

McHunt

Last edited:
Interview continues, drilling down on the captaincy:

“I’m leaving the captaincy open for the moment. Myself and the coaching staff will watch everyone training and their reactions on and off the field will be important. I am not at all concerned about the perception we have a lack of leaders and whether we have a captain for next year. We will start pre-season on Monday and we will have two months after Christmas to identify the captain.

“It will only be one person
. I won’t have co-captains. I will be using the next few months to look at who can lead the club forward into 2021.”

“Nobody has the inside running. Alex was captain this year and I know Alex from my previous stints here (as assistant coach). Alex has been a great player for the club. I will be having a look at everyone over pre-season to determine my captain. Alex did a good job as captain this year and he will certainly be part of the leadership group moving forward.”

McHunt
So it sounds that Lexie has lost the captaincy for the time being and will need to prove himself again if he wants to be re-instated. Fair enough though, apart from the one game he was player/manager he was pretty underwhelming due to lack of fitness and niggling injuries.

So it sounds that Lexie has lost the captaincy for the time being and will need to prove himself again if he wants to be re-instated. Fair enough though, apart from the one game he was player/manager he was pretty underwhelming due to lack of fitness and niggling injuries.

He'll be struggling to make the side based on last year's 'efforts'.

If the forward pack can actually go forward next year we will see the best of tommy and milf.... the forward pack when all fit is a very handy one
This sort of thing is my problem with Milf, and KW supporting him is rapidly diminishing my confidence in Walters as well.
There is always an excuse for why Miflord isnt playing well.
He is a million dollar player, he should be the one lifting the side, not the one that only plays well when all the conditions are perfectly in his favor.
I 100% hope im wrong and get to eat the tastiest humble pie next season when Milford plays what he is being paid for.
I dont think it's going to happen though.

This sort of thing is my problem with Milf, and KW supporting him is rapidly diminishing my confidence in Walters as well.
He is a million dollar player, he should be the one lifting the side, not the one that only plays well when all the conditions are perfectly in his favor.
I 100% hope im wrong and get to eat the tastiest humble pie next season when Milford plays what he is being paid for.

I think it will, he's in a contract year, he has incentive.

He'll be struggling to make the side based on last year's 'efforts'.
I agree and said so some time back as well. I do think that he'll get an early season chance to stay in the team provided he's in career best shape come the season opener. I believe KW will feel he's owed a shot and also KW understands we need a bit of experience onfield during the matches ahead.

Hard to see us doing much better this year. Basically every team has improved and our squad has gotten weaker.

What would you have Walters do with a half we are paying 1 million to? Just throw his hands up and say not my problem I didn't sign him let the **** play QCUP? What that restore your rapidly diminishing confidence in Walters?

Milford has been a major disappointment since getting his pay day. in his defence, it’s a team sport he plays and the team has been trash right across the park and even off the park for the last 2 years. So unless Kevvie can get every position up to scratch you’re gonna be disappointed with Milford again
But...but ...but...Milford gets paid a million a season, surely he's expected to carry the other 16 players......and then make every winning play and every winning tackle..... in every game we play. I mean for a million bucks a season, the lazy fat **** should be the goal kicker as well......yeah?

For a million a season, if Milford can't single handedly win every game for Brisbane next year, we should get rid of the hopeless scumbag from Inala.......I mean really, Inala ?? Tells you all you need to know about his football skills .........

🙄🙄

Hard to see us doing much better this year. Basically every team has improved and our squad has gotten weaker.
I disagree. Our squad has already started to become stronger simply due to a renewed sense of hope. I do agree it's lost experience and an excellent player in DB but aside from that mention in context there'll be no more discussion on him. Your position could be argued 'for and against' with equal validity.

Active Now

• Old Mate
  • Bish
  • Broncosgirl
  • FACTHUNT
  • Fatboy
  • Foordy
  • winslow_wong
  • Bucking Beads
  • Midean
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.