OFFICIAL Kevin Walters Steps Down As Broncos Coach

I know I was technically the first to call for it but I won’t celebrate. Kev was a good bloke who did heaps for our club and should be respected for it.

The right decision has been made, no need for any further criticisms or disrespect. All the best Kev and thank you.

I called Madge a week ago and this has made me feel even more confident but we will soon see I guess.

Baz and Teo very well could have been Madge signings - Teo played under Madge and Baz is … I dunno Baz.

I also think the timing of the Walsh re-signing quite telling.

he's not. this season clearly showed that

We looked infinitely better as a side when he was on. The only thing I'm concerned about is how long his stints on field will be. Smoothy is always there to give him a breather.

Slater With Thorn and Hannay would be perfect. But we are going to get the other Origin coach I imagine. Marc Brentnall would be an interesting choice. I heard someone say JD isn't entirely ruled out today, but what would I know..

It's Cameron Smith. He's been getting jealous of Slater getting all the coaching praise (and likely first crack at Melbourne once Bellamy retires) and wants to prove himself. That's why he dropped out of the qld coaching team.

Homer Simpson Cartoon GIF

Obviously all we can do is speculate, none of us are insiders, but there had to be some serious angst among the playing group around certain things. Kev's style of coaching definitely was one of them, but the nepotism around Billy had to be part of it too. The Cleary's get away with it because the success they have produced together silences all possible criticism. Kev and Billy simply don't carry the same level of credibility or gravitas.
Agree 100%

The fact paix pretty much got deleted from existence is just pathetic. Smoothy, billy and him should've all been fighting for the 9 position. Instead just defaulted to the same shit every week with no pressure of being dropped. Just dumb.

I know I was technically the first to call for it but I won’t celebrate. Kev was a good bloke who did heaps for our club and should be respected for it.

The right decision has been made, no need for any further criticisms or disrespect. All the best Kev and thank you.

I called Madge a week ago and this has made me feel even more confident but we will soon see I guess.

Baz and Teo very well could have been Madge signings - Teo played under Madge and Baz is … I dunno Baz.

I also think the timing of the Walsh re-signing quite telling.

Feel sorry for Kev as he seems a decent fella, but this year’s collapse was the same mor or less as 2022’s collapse.

2023 was clearly sheer luck that everything somehow clicked and the outlier on where we are going as a football team.

Kevvie said all season he’d fix the obvious problems. It is plainly obvious now that he couldn’t and didn‘t even know where to start.

Sad, but if this club held on for nostalgia reasons then nothing is ever going to improve.

We looked infinitely better as a side when he was on. The only thing I'm concerned about is how long his stints on field will be. Smoothy is always there to give him a breather.

Smoothy is worse than Billy... although he is younger, so would be in a better position to block Mozer's assentation to the starting Hooker role.

you're just throwing Mozer to the wolves by starting him at this stage. he's simply not ready and his defence is no where near good enough. the way he was utilised this year was ideal. I suspect his game time will grow next year with the aim of being a likely starter in 2026.

but who knows now, maybe the incoming coach won't even rate Mozer ... maybe the incoming coach rate Billy much higher ... hell, maybe the incoming coach thinks Smoothy or Paiz is the long term answer at hooker

Wow was not expecting this, unless there is a competent coached lined up this has me worried.

I understand your concern, but ultimately it will probably be a good decision just for the point of view of signings/re-signings, never mind how his successor turns out.

I understand your concern, but ultimately it will probably be a good decision just for the point of view of signings/re-signings, never mind how his successor turns out.
I'm thinking about how the players will take it plus not really seeing any clear improvement coaching wise available atm either.

It will almost certainly be a Rookie Coach unless we get an experienced one with a record that would be at best similar to Kevvie.

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • johnny plath
  • RodF
  • BroncsNBundy
  • broncos4life
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Big Del
  • eggstar10
  • Waynesaurus
  • Swordfish
  • Maroon4life
  • jarro65
  • bert_lifts
  • Alec
  • RolledOates
  • Brotherdu
  • Reds2011
  • Nightwatchman
  • mitch222
  • Totally Unr3al
... and 37 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.