OFFICIAL Kevin Walters Steps Down As Broncos Coach

Assuming that's how the review went, they certainly didn't do that when Bennett left.

Well of course. You can't just do some cookie cutter performance review when it comes to Bennett. His style of coaching is too psychological, and he is one of the all time greats when it comes to behind the scenes politicking.

Like many i wasn't expecting that. Dont know if we'll ever know if he was pushed or genuinely had nothing more to give and decided to leave. Either way he failed 3 out of 4 years and as much as i wanted him to succeed it was too risky giving him a 5th year. I prefer he leave now then part way through a season.

Obviously now the concern is how long does it take the new coach to shape the team into how they want it. You would hope we have the tallent to be competing for a premiership immediately?

I see alot of people putting Josh Hanays name forward. Am i missing something or did he coach souths Logan for 3 years missing the finals every year. Not a great record when acting as interim coach either. And now making his name as a gun assistant in the origin (not nrl) but origin arena? For me that doesn't scream head nrl coach ready.

I don't think the club can risk appointing a first year coach and have them use us to learn their lessons (think JD, seibold etc) and ultimately be sacked. I think they need to go with someone who's tried and proven.

I'm also interested to see if other club staff are pushed or get the boot. As sad as it is to see a coach go it kind of gives me hope DD is a no bullshit kinda guy that genuinly wants to win premierships and will be ruthless if he needs to im order to get results.

Well of course. You can't just do some cookie cutter performance review when it comes to Bennett. His style of coaching is too psychological, and he is one of the all time greats when it comes to behind the scenes politicking.
Well we will get our answer sooner or later if we see our key players wanting to leave or not.

Brad Arthur for one is a downgrade on Kev.

They would appear pretty similar man manager types. Nobody has ever said a bad word about either, but their results are lacking. By the sounds we have quite a number of prima donna's in the dressing room that BA could pander to. BA would be a fallback option, short term until he takes over in Perth.

How about we really test that "I don't want to be a full time NRL coach" mentality of one Billy Slater. Walsh would be happy.

Billy Slater might be the only inexperienced coach they'd consider, at least to begin with.

To be fair, only Wayne Bennett & Craig Bellamy would fill me with confidence.

Everyone else is an unknown.
Basically, that's why I thought it would have been more wise to see out atleast the first 10 rounds of next year and if it came down to it giving the next coach a good half year to make their changes before taking the helm(Like you have seen with Souths and Parra who have made changes to their team well before the next coach comes in).

Of course if there is player unrest that's another thing entirely and it would make alot more sense.

They would appear pretty similar man manager types. Nobody has ever said a bad word about either, but their results are lacking. By the sounds we have quite a number of prima donna's in the dressing room that BA could pander to. BA would be a fallback option, short term until he takes over in Perth.

How about we really test that "I don't want to be a full time NRL coach" mentality of one Billy Slater. Walsh would be happy.

Billy Slater might be the only inexperienced coach they'd consider, at least to begin with.
Pipe dream don't see Slater taking a fulltime role and if he did it would be in Melbourne where his family and Business interest's lie.

should we start at the bottom of the list? We are the friggin Broncos, you start at the top !

There is what? 4 top coaches? Bennett, Bellamy, Cleary and Robbo. At least I can see "some" logic in them going after Robbo, and agreed, its a longshot.
I wasn't disagreeing with that part, it's just none of your big 4 are gettable right now.

Robbo, who you mentioned, is signed til end of 28, and Roosters fans are on and off him like a cold despite an unlimited money glitch, and a decent stint of success.

Active Now

• Hoof Hearted
  • Johnny92
  • Gaz
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Xzei
  • Swordfish
  • KevieBurnerAccount
  • bert_lifts
  • azza.79
  • Broncosgirl
  • Mustafur
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Nightwatchman
  • Accept
  • broncsgoat
  • Scdeac
  • Wild Horse
  • KnToad
  • Lurker
  • Battler
... and 30 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.