OFFICIAL Kevin Walters Steps Down As Broncos Coach

It’s the right call 1/4 seasons in the top 8 is not good enough if he scraped in in 22 or 24 no dramas giving him a extra year

How about we really test that "I don't want to be a full time NRL coach" mentality of one Billy Slater. Walsh would be happy.

Billy Slater might be the only inexperienced coach they'd consider, at least to begin with.
There’s no salary cap when it comes to coaching staff is there?
Offer him $2M a season and see if that changes his mind.
With record memberships and crowd attendances the club can afford it. The good press alone would be worth millions…

It's pretty noble of Kevie to go now, but it does really leave us in the lurch a bit for preseason.

Do they go for a rookie or do they bring someone like Hook back if they can't get Maguire?

With record memberships and crowd attendances the club can afford it. The good press alone would be worth millions…
Yes there is a coaching cap I believe

It's pretty noble of Kevie to go now, but it does really leave us in the lurch a bit for preseason.

Do they go for a rookie or do they bring someone like Hook back if they can't get Maguire?
He wouldn't have gone of his own volition, like Tbaz at Bulldogs "standing down"

Reyno saying the players were blindsided by the decision.

If they weren't consulted first... That's pretty incompetent.

Football department does have a cap. I dunno what it is today, was like $6m some years back, so it is probably around $10m now. Not even sure who/what it includes. Doctors, physio's, football manager, assistants, coach etc I'd assume to start with.

It had to happen. When everything goes right, we were a good team. When a few things went wrong, we were a shambles. With the roster we have, that was unacceptable. Time to try something different, even if the end result doesn't work out. We have to try.

Active Now

• Battler
  • Scdeac
  • Broncosgirl
  • Manofoneway
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Swordfish
  • Ondi
  • barker
  • Johnny92
  • Nightwatchman
  • Xzei
  • Wild Horse
  • Financeguy
  • bert_lifts
  • Sproj
  • pennywisealfie
  • Slippin Jimmy
  • Reds2011
  • Hoshsie
  • ParraMania
... and 25 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.