THE COACH Kevin Walters

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
They won't sack Kevvie yet. We all know that.

They should refuse to extend Billy. To fire a warning shot.

If they do extend him, the fucker's going to keep festering up our spine with his bare minimum mediocrity. Have a look at how shallow we are in the halves and hooker. You're going to say we'll need him for depth. And that's the trap that's been set up:

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019

If they do extend him, the fucker's going to keep festering up our spine with his bare minimum mediocrity. Have a look at how shallow we are in the halves and hooker. You're going to say we'll need him for depth. And that's the trap that's been set up:

Billy is far from the actual problem in our squad Mr Agenda.

Even if ability wise he isn't up there he atleast tries and trying is the issue.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Billy is far from the actual problem in our squad Mr Agenda.

Even if ability wise he isn't up there he atleast tries and trying is the issue.
We have the chance not to extend him. Or we can suffer another season where we spend the entire year pulling our ***** over everyone else's hooker. Your choice.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013

This was my worry. We suddenly have zero depth in the halves without TMM and gamble. One of those two had to be kept. What if Mam has an injury or the second year blues? We’ll shuffle an untested Walsh into the 6? Next year could be pretty grim

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
We have the chance not to extend him. Or we can suffer another season where we spend the entire year pulling our ***** over everyone else's hooker. Your choice.
He can still be half cover, we are losing 2 in that regard, extending him doesn't mean we can't get a hooker, especially since we are losing Turpin and Mozer hasn't shown anything in Qcup yet so I don't think he will be getting that many games next year at this point.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Those top teams you speak of, when they weren't getting the results they expected from their head coach, they did sack them. They brought in people that did get the results.

Bellamy finished 5th in his first year, only missed the finals once which was forced on them. Robinson won a premiership in his first year. Cleary finished 1st & made the GF in his second year, premiership in his third.
um did you forget about cleary's first stint at the Panthers when he got sacked or his tigers stint ?
think his career shows that it definitely comes down to what team you inherited, same can be said about Bellamy and Robinson.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
He can still be half cover, we are losing 2 in that regard, extending him doesn't mean we can't get a hooker, especially since we are losing Turpin and Mozer hasn't shown anything in Qcup yet so I don't think he will be getting that many games next year at this point.
No he fucking can't. Lift your fucking standards, man. Just because you can find some **** who can play in the halves if you're that desperate doesn't mean you have to sign him onto your roster. And especially not if his old man is the **** who holds the power to put him there. And worse, leave him there because the club didn't sign anyone better.

Let's build a premiership standard spine, with a premiership standard utility and not have to make do with some bargain basement **** who shouldn't be anywhere near first grade.

**** another year of this Billy fucking Walters bullshit. We ridiculed the prospect of it before he turned up at the club and then it became reality. Now we're apologizing for it. It was a daylight robbery of our testicles.

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
No he fucking can't. Lift your fucking standards, man. Just because you can find some **** who can play in the halves if you're that desperate doesn't mean you have to sign him onto your roster. And especially not if his old man is the **** who holds the power to put him there. And worse, leave him there because the club didn't sign anyone better.

Let's build a premiership standard spine, with a premiership standard utility and not have to make do with some bargain basement **** who shouldn't be anywhere near first grade.
Tell me what good halves out there are happy being reserve halves?

Your looking at the 2nd tier or failed NRL players, Billy was pretty much our best player in that last game so you can't bring out the bullshit that he is the problem, even when we where winning on that run he was playing good.

I still think we need a Hooker but he is perfectly fine as a backup in those areas and keep pressure on the hookers to perform.

Your doing the Herbie shit again and keep repeating it till you brainwash people onto your side on it, but your really going to need painted on eyes to keep your point on this one.

V

Viti

NRL Player
Feb 2, 2011
um did you forget about cleary's first stint at the Panthers when he got sacked or his tigers stint ?
think his career shows that it definitely comes down to what team you inherited, same can be said about Bellamy and Robinson.
I agree that Robinson was fortunate to inherit the team he did but I don’t think the same can be said for Bellamy

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
I agree that Robinson was fortunate to inherit the team he did but I don’t think the same can be said for Bellamy
Rookie season has Slater and Smith debut?

I think he made Cronk into the player he was but those two where always going to be good.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Tell me what good halves out there are happy being reserve halves?

Your looking at the 2nd tier or failed NRL players, Billy was pretty much our best player in that last game so you can't bring out the bullshit that he is the problem, even when we where winning on that run he was playing good.

I still think we need a Hooker but he is perfectly fine as a backup in those areas and keep pressure on the hookers to perform.

Your doing the Herbie shit again and keep repeating it till you brainwash people onto your side on it, but your really going to need painted on eyes to keep your point on this one.
For ****'s sake. Have you not worked out by now his father didn't hire him as "backup," he's frontline.

Of course he's a problem. He's father won't drop him to QLD Cup.

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
For ****'s sake. Have you not worked out by now, his father didn't hire him as "backup," he's frontline.

Of course he's a problem. He's father won't drop him to QLD Cup.
He is in this team, because our team still is in adjustment, Turpin has dropped off completely and was in the process of doing so before he arrived, and 6 was still a work in progress when he came, If he signed a solid Hooker and Billy was anything more then the bench option getting less minutes challenging the role with Paix, I would agree with you but the team isn't at that level yet because that Hooker was supposed to be Turpin.

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
Who’s to say without Bellamy they go on to have the career they did?
Considering how quickly they where playing Origin after starting I would bet the house they where destined for greatness, Same I would say about Munster.

The players that I can say for certain he made, are the Cronk/Hughes types.

V

Viti

NRL Player
Feb 2, 2011
Considering how quickly they where playing Origin after starting I would bet the house they where destined for greatness, Same I would say about Munster.

The players that I can say for certain he made, are the Cronk/Hughes types.
My argument in this case is a bit the same as yours with Billy Walters, they were put into a system and situation that allowed them to play to their potential.
If you put them into the likes of the Rabbitohs or the Sea Eagles of 2002 there’s no guarantee some people would even remember their names now.

Galah

Galah

State of Origin Rep
Mar 28, 2019
Is it true that they’ve put a pause on kevs extension?

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
My argument in this case is a bit the same as yours with Billy Walters, they were put into a system and situation that allowed them to play to their potential.
If you put them into the likes of the Rabbitohs or the Sea Eagles of 2002 there’s no guarantee some people would even remember their names now.
Good players coming through don't tend to stay at teams like those, as evidenced by how we couldn't keep players when we sucked.

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • eggstar10
  • Shane Tronc
  • theshed
  • Mustafur
  • Fozz
  • Swordfish
  • BruiserMk1
  • whykickamoocow
  • broncsgoat
  • Tim K
  • phoenix
  • FACTHUNT
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.