THE COACH Kevin Walters

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
In the mail 😉

But I guess I'm saying I think he is a good player too.
For sure he's a "good" player. But you need to be "sensational" player to make my Broncos team.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
For sure, and ould be happy to replace him when we sign that sensational player.
You're missing the bit where he's already off contract. We don't need to replace him. We need to sign someone else.

Scorchie

Scorchie

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 16, 2008
No, his continued selection was a symptom of disease we need to cure.
Sure, but what options did we have?

Paix and Turpin

That Paix isn’t ready yet despite being in the system for years is a bigger crime here. Imagine being 22 and everyone’s already talking about your replacement (Moz). Something has gone wrong with development at hooker and I doubt it’s Paix’s problem. He needs and deserves a full pre season at hooker.

That Turps went backwards after his obviously better service than Macca is equally sad. Something has gone wrong with his development which is a shame given he’s had three years full time squad.

Billy was the only choice.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Sure, but what options did we have?

Billy was the only choice.
I keep saying the same thing over and over and getting this same response back.

We are now in the preseason. This is the time to make sure Billy is not the only choice next year. All along I've been talking about next season, but I keep getting this response about 2021. I know he was our only choice.

What I don't know is why that was the case and whether Kevvie wanted it that way. But I sure as **** know I don't want to see it being the case next season.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
I'm not trying to insult you, and perhaps 'agenda' is the wrong word. My point is you're making stuff up to support your opinion that Billy should be gone. You said Kev wouldn't drop him to Cup, I gave a circumstance where he absolutely would. I'm not arguing nepotism isn't at play, to be clear, but in my opinion Billy is not a huge problem. Maybe he is and is the reason the playing group is fracturing, in which case I would expect Ikin to step in.

Who is 'better' that you would sign for 2023 - at Billy's expense - as of now?

There's been plenty of chatter on here about swapping Munster or Hunt for Haas, by the way.
Sorry mate, there’s no way you can say that is a certainty. I actually think there is pretty high odds Billy would still get the utility role even with those players in the team.

Billy played every single game he was available for this season. Every other spine player who isn’t named Reynolds was dropped or not selected at least once this season - Billy, proud 4th place for most missed tackles in the NRL (most at the club) was somehow better than all of them, week in week out

Santa

Santa

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jun 30, 2020
You're missing the bit where he's already off contract. We don't need to replace him. We need to sign someone else.
My thing is, until we do sign someone else who's better (and I am sure we employ people who keep an eye out on who's available), there's a spot I my 30 for him.

Give him another year imo. Even if we sign a better 9 Billy is a good back up/utility option.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Panthers have Ivan & Nathan.

We have Kevin & Billy.

Panthers must be jealous. 😆😂🤣

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
I actually thought Billy walters was really good last night. He's been that good at different parts of the year as well. I think if there's no other options give him a preseason at hooker and see what comes of it.
Stockholm Syndrome.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
Tell me what good halves out there are happy being reserve halves?

Your looking at the 2nd tier or failed NRL players, Billy was pretty much our best player in that last game so you can't bring out the bullshit that he is the problem, even when we where winning on that run he was playing good.

I still think we need a Hooker but he is perfectly fine as a backup in those areas and keep pressure on the hookers to perform.

Your doing the Herbie shit again and keep repeating it till you brainwash people onto your side on it, but your really going to need painted on eyes to keep your point on this one.
I don’t usually agree with Mchunt’s agendas but you’ve completely missed his point….BILLY WALTERS IS NOT A FKING BACKUP HALF BECAUSE HIS DAD IS THE COACH HE’S BEEN OUR ATARTING HOOKER ALL SEASON FFS. He’s not purely here as “back up” if he was, he’d be in cup where he belongs. We do have better players than him who have been out of the team because he’s been here, because his dad and uncle are in the coaching box picking him every week.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I don’t usually agree with Mchunt’s agendas but you’ve completely missed his point….BILLY WALTERS IS NOT A FKING BACKUP HALF BECAUSE HIS DAD IS THE COACH HE’S BEEN OUR ATARTING HOOKER ALL SEASON FFS. He’s not purely here as “back up” if he was, he’d be in cup where he belongs. We do have better players than him who have been out of the team because he’s been here, because his dad and uncle are in the coaching box picking him every week.

name that better hooker we have that Billy was keeping out of the team

Unread

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.