THE COACH Kevin Walters

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
He is in this team, because our team still is in adjustment, Turpin has dropped off completely and was in the process of doing so before he arrived, and 6 was still a work in progress when he came, If he signed a solid Hooker and Billy was anything more then the bench option getting less minutes challenging the role with Paix, I would agree with you but the team isn't at that level yet because that Hooker was supposed to be Turpin.
Well this is the preseason now, so we can talk about what we want for next season, and let's make sure we're never in the "in progress, let's settle for mediocre" situation again.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
My argument in this case is a bit the same as yours with Billy Walters, they were put into a system and situation that allowed them to play to their potential.
If you put them into the likes of the Rabbitohs or the Sea Eagles of 2002 there’s no guarantee some people would even remember their names now.
Billy and Jake were both in the Melbourne system.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
We aren't getting a player rorters want to keep. They have a billionaire owner who is TERRIBLE at golf. Our only hope would be he has about 3 acls in a row then the Roosters "suddenly" find multiple positive drug tests, making his contract void.
If we pull a Panthers and put his father and uncle on the payroll, there will always be a good chance they want to work together.

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
If we pull a Panthers and put his father and uncle on the payroll, there will always be a good chance they want to work together.
Not a bad idea we should bring them both in as assistants and get rid of Carty and Matto. We also need to tell Kev it's him or his young fella as only once he is gone will Kev start to see how thin we are in the halves and hooking department.

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
Of course he's a problem. He's father won't drop him to QLD Cup.
Bullshit. I guarantee if we signed Munster and Mahoney for 2023 Billy would absolutely be playing QCup. That's an agenda. In any case, he's not the problem.

Those lads could be amazing assistant coaches, no? And the backup plan if Kev fails to fire? Broncos pedigree...make it happen DD. I don't even care if it doesn't bring Sam back, I rate their coaching ability and they're screaming for a shot.

NRL Captain
Contributor
Sep 22, 2016
Not a bad idea we should bring them both in as assistants and get rid of Carty and Matto. We also need to tell Kev it's him or his young fella as only once he is gone will Kev start to see how thin we are in the halves and hooking department.

Who do we have the fill those roles currently? Zip

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Bullshit. I guarantee if we signed Munster and Mahoney for 2023 Billy would absolutely be playing QCup. That's an agenda. In any case, he's not the problem.
Remind me again what "agenda" means as an insult, and why it's so evil, compared to having thought something through and formed an opinion.

I want Billy gone. That's my conclusion from having seen how the season progressed with him picked every week because we somehow didn't have anyone better. You want to call that my "agenda," fine. Doesn't weaken my opinion.

Also we didn't sign Munster or Mahoney, and we aren't talking about signing anyone of that class. There's that.

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
Remind me again what "agenda" means as an insult, and why it's so evil, compared to having thought something through and formed an opinion.

I want Billy gone. That's my conclusion from having seen how the season progressed with him picked every week because we somehow didn't have anyone better. You want to call that my "agenda," fine. Doesn't weaken my opinion.

Also we didn't sign Munster or Mahoney, and we aren't talking about signing anyone of that class. There's that.
I'm not trying to insult you, and perhaps 'agenda' is the wrong word. My point is you're making stuff up to support your opinion that Billy should be gone. You said Kev wouldn't drop him to Cup, I gave a circumstance where he absolutely would. I'm not arguing nepotism isn't at play, to be clear, but in my opinion Billy is not a huge problem. Maybe he is and is the reason the playing group is fracturing, in which case I would expect Ikin to step in.

Who is 'better' that you would sign for 2023 - at Billy's expense - as of now?

There's been plenty of chatter on here about swapping Munster or Hunt for Haas, by the way.

C

cento

QCup Player
Apr 3, 2014
The thing that annoys me the most the two best half’s we have in the club never got to play together tmm and Reno yes full back would of been a problem but I think with them two in half’s would of been a lot better of a outcome

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
I'm not trying to insult you, and perhaps 'agenda' is the wrong word. My point is you're making stuff up to support your opinion that Billy should be gone. You said Kev wouldn't drop him to Cup, I gave a circumstance where he absolutely would. I'm not arguing nepotism isn't at play, to be clear, but in my opinion Billy is not a huge problem. Maybe he is and is the reason the playing group is fracturing, in which case I would expect Ikin to step in.

There's been plenty of chatter on here about swapping Munster or Hunt for Haas, by the way.
I don't care for the term "nepotism." That makes it sound like you're trying him for a crime for which he is either guilty or not guilty. It distracts from the healthy reality of wanting your son to succeed. It's not a crime.

My "agenda" is to take that situation off the table altogether. I'm not campaigning for any other player. Someone else can figure that out. I just know if Billy Walters is anywhere near our best choice, our barrel needs topping up. A lot.

Santa

Santa

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jun 30, 2020

I like Billy. I think he would make a perfect 14 for us long term (and us the best starting 9 until we get someone better). He was one of the few players who was giving it his all last night and we looked much better when he came on in that first half.

He's got an obvious pride for the jersey, and is the least of our problems.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
I like Billy. I think he would make a perfect 14 for us long term (and us the best starting 9 until we get someone better). He was one of the few players who was giving it his all last night and we looked much better when he came on in that first half.

He's got an obvious pride for the jersey, and is the least of our problems.
I have obvious pride for the jersey and would do my all if picked and would look much better than no-one if no-one was the only other option.

Where's my contract?

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
I agree that Robinson was fortunate to inherit the team he did but I don’t think the same can be said for Bellamy
it was still a solid team sprinkled with premiership players from 99 .
in comparison to what Kevvie walked into and throw in the stability of the front office of the clubs.

Santa

Santa

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jun 30, 2020
I have obvious pride for the jersey and would do my all if picked and would look much better than no-one if no-one was the only other option.

Where's my contract?
In the mail 😉

But I guess I'm saying I think he is a good player too.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Judging by the crying in this thread, the title needs changing from Kev to Billy. Billy isn’t the reason we played like bustards for four weeks.

No, it's his father's coaching, him picking the same out of form players week in, week out.

Him picking players who are busted week in, week out.

And his bench rotation is shit, week in, week out.

Him saying the same shit each week in the press conference. eg: the effort was there, blah blah blah. (after getting beaten by 20 odd points etc)

Then when he is 'attacked' his goons former players then go on the attack, attacking the current players. (Have the balls Kev to tell them to STFU & fight your own battles.)

Is our club, the only one, where former players put the boot in when things are going wrong.

I have had a gutful of the former players, put up or shut up.

Active Now

• Tim K
  • Bucking Beads
  • phoenix
  • ostin86
  • broncsgoat
  • john1420
  • Foordy
  • RolledOates
  • HarryAllan7
  • bazza
  • Bish
  • Swordfish
  • Galah
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.