THE COACH Kevin Walters

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
the fact we have the same points means the kickers wasn't the issue.

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013

Craig reveals he will be coming to an end, could Donaghy try and work his magic to bring Bellamy here

Remember 2008 when Bellamy first discussed retiring from coaching?

I pretty much disregard everything single thing he SAYS when it comes to coaching.

The only thing he has ever done, is extend at the Storm for more cash.

It's the same old song and dance routine with him.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Walters’ agent Chris Orr insists Kevvie has full support of the board:

“I think Blind Freddy (Brad Fittler) can see what a remarkable job Kevvie has done taking over the Broncos. The club was at rock bottom when he took the reins. When Kevvie started, the Broncos had no CEO and no head of football, plus a deflated playing group and a real disconnection with the fans, especially the Old Boys."​
“In a matter of 18 months, Kevvie has turned the Broncos into a competitive unit on and off the field and he now has the support of a CEO and head of football. He is leading the Broncos in the right direction and I am confident the club is supportive of him."​
“I know for a fact Kevvie feels supported by Broncos bosses and he is extremely confident in his ability to lead the playing squad to success.”​

Ikin:

“We have this silver-bullet theory in rugby league that if you kill the coach and you get a new one, a club’s problems will all solve itself. Football programs win premierships. We want to build a world-class footy program that contends every year. The Storm and the Roosters have shown us that you can do it."​
"We will hold department reviews at the end of the week. There will be tough questions about things that happened this year in our football program for multiple people that need answering, so that others can understand what took place. If you can argue your case, and demonstrate that you have learnt from your successes and failures this year and have a plan about advancing the program, then you keep your job."​
“We got closer to a premiership this year. We didn’t finish where we wanted to finish, but we got closer to a premiership and the responsibility for everybody in this off-season is to build a plan to get closer once again. We have to keep closing the gap until we get ourselves into contender status and once you start contending, like the Storm and Roosters, there is no reason why it should ever stop.”​

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Walters’ agent Chris Orr insists Kevvie has full support of the board:

“I think Blind Freddy (Brad Fittler) can see what a remarkable job Kevvie has done taking over the Broncos. The club was at rock bottom when he took the reins. When Kevvie started, the Broncos had no CEO and no head of football, plus a deflated playing group and a real disconnection with the fans, especially the Old Boys."​
“In a matter of 18 months, Kevvie has turned the Broncos into a competitive unit on and off the field and he now has the support of a CEO and head of football. He is leading the Broncos in the right direction and I am confident the club is supportive of him."​
“I know for a fact Kevvie feels supported by Broncos bosses and he is extremely confident in his ability to lead the playing squad to success.”​

Ikin:

“We have this silver-bullet theory in rugby league that if you kill the coach and you get a new one, a club’s problems will all solve itself. Football programs win premierships. We want to build a world-class footy program that contends every year. The Storm and the Roosters have shown us that you can do it."​
"We will hold department reviews at the end of the week. There will be tough questions about things that happened this year in our football program for multiple people that need answering, so that others can understand what took place. If you can argue your case, and demonstrate that you have learnt from your successes and failures this year and have a plan about advancing the program, then you keep your job."​
“We got closer to a premiership this year. We didn’t finish where we wanted to finish, but we got closer to a premiership and the responsibility for everybody in this off-season is to build a plan to get closer once again. We have to keep closing the gap until we get ourselves into contender status and once you start contending, like the Storm and Roosters, there is no reason why it should ever stop.”​
Sounds like a manager who is just slightly worried about his client getting fired

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Sounds like a manager who is just slightly worried about his client getting fired
This line from Ikin irks me:

"If you can argue your case, and demonstrate that you have learnt from your successes and failures this year and have a plan about advancing the program, then you keep your job."​
That sounds like an invitation to come up with excuses.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
This line from Ikin irks me:

"If you can argue your case, and demonstrate that you have learnt from your successes and failures this year and have a plan about advancing the program, then you keep your job."​
That sounds like an invitation to come up with excuses.
Maybe but if you analyse what he’s said here the default outcome has been set as fired and the burden has been placed on the employee to justify keeping their jobs.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Maybe but if you analyse what he’s said here the default outcome has been set as fired and the burden has been placed on the employee to justify keeping their jobs.

Matterson: "we had an intricate defence structure mapped out to shut that Storm shit right down."

Ikin: "what happened to it?"

Matterson: "pretty sure my dog ate it."

Ikin: "can't help that. See you when you get back from Phuket."

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Matterson: "we had an intricate defence structure mapped out to shut that Storm shit right down."

Ikin: "what happened to it?"

Matterson: "pretty sure my dog ate it."

Ikin: "can't help that. See you when you get back from Phuket."
everyone throwing around “passion” and “emotion” regarding Kev’s coaching is like when someone describes their single friend as having a “great personality”

Active Now

• Santa
  • broncos4life
  • Battler
  • Hammerman47
  • Justwin
  • BroncosAlways
  • Bucking Beads
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Lostboy
  • Xzei
  • Johnny92
  • Stix
  • Manofoneway
  • Morkel
  • Fozz
  • BRC088
  • Foordy
  • john1420
  • Culhwch
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.