THE COACH Kevin Walters

Stix

Stix

NRL Player
Mar 28, 2014
If there was a better option right now, I think Kevvie’s cleaning out his desk. I think he gets another year purely because of the shortage of good first grade coaches.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
If there was a better option right now, I think Kevvie’s cleaning out his desk. I think he gets another year purely because of the shortage of good first grade coaches.
Thoughts on Billy?

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
I like him. He’s probably never going to set the world on fire but he gives 100% when he’s on the field and would do oanything for the benefit of the team.
lol my bad. I meant Billy Slater.

You were right to assume Billy Walters considering how much I’ve been carrying on about him lately

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Billy did what was asked of him and didn’t keep anyone better from a spot. Settle down champs
No one is badmouthing Billy for not putting in. Everyone appreciates Billy put in 100% and we didn't have anyone better.

But what if hiring Billy was what kept someone better from the spot? The conversation is about him being the best we have not continuing.

BooKhaki

BooKhaki

NRL Player
Sep 16, 2020
Ooh talk about the cap cheating and peptide scandal Walters created next please
Notice how I said let me remove a sentence? Kevvie isn't smart enough to cheat the cap or sort out peptides.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
No one is badmouthing Billy for not putting in. Everyone appreciates Billy put in 100% and we didn't have anyone better.

But what if hiring Billy was what kept someone better from the spot? The conversation is about him being the best we have not continuing.
Your whole argument would work if he had decent 9s. We've had shit 9s for the best part of 2 decades, he's not holding anyone back.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Your whole argument would work if he had decent 9s. We've had shit 9s for the best part of 2 decades, he's not holding anyone back.
Why though? That’s the point. Why was Walters the clubs answer to our ongoing 9 problem

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
I've been on about our 9's long before Billy. He's only not holding anyone back because the club hasn't groomed anyone better. I'm up the club, not Billy.

J

Johnny92

NRL Player
Jul 3, 2021
I've been on about our 9's long before Billy. He's only not holding anyone back because the club hasn't groomed anyone better. I'm up the club, not Billy.
Definitely comes down to whoever the club's scouts and recruitment have been.
Paix would of been scouted as a 7 originally and has been transformed into a 9 while we didn't scout Grant, Mahoney even B.Smith when he left NQ.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013

Who?

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Fair enough but there's about 6 good 9s in the whole game, it's not for a lack of trying, there's a short supply and all the good ones would rather stay in Sydney where they can name their price anyway.

Harry Grant would have been a likely target but even Melbourne have paid him over a million, what we were genuinely going to offer, 1.8m? Because we'd need at least 500k more than Melbourne for him to have considered moving from a premier club to at the time wooden spooners.

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017

Do you think assistant coach K Walters over ruled recruiting manager Simon Scanlan ?

Or did he sneak Billy in before Ikin appointed Scanlan to his new role ?

Broncos Football Department Appointments​

Authorbroncos.com.auTimestampWed 8 Sep 2021, 02:45 PM
Ikin said another major appointment is Simon Scanlan as the club’s Head of Recruitment & Academy – he too has been filling the role on an interim basis for the past three months.

Scanlan has been with the Broncos since 2008, initially as a Development and Recruitment Officer, before graduating to Elite Player Development Manager from 2014.

Ikin said, “Simon possesses a wealth of knowledge about elite footballing talent, the local footballing landscape and the NRL system.

“He has been incredibly impressive in his new role in recent months and we look forward to continuing the work around improving our roster and our talent pathways.”

https://www.broncos.com.au/news/2021/09/08/broncos-football-department-appointments/

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
If that was entirely true you wouldn't be bringing up KW/BW nepotism every 5 minutes....

BW is a gap filler...a place holder......
If someone else starts playing better, I'm sure BW will be moved aside.

The whole convo should only be about the piss poor recruitment in key positions...... over several years.

Stix

Stix

NRL Player
Mar 28, 2014
While everyone is on the topic of hookers….Does anyone know if we had a crack at Verrill’s? If we didn’t, that’s a pretty big **** up. Makes you wonder if we have another option on the boil.

Active Now

• Big Del
  • Lozza
  • davidp
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Santa
  • Shane Tronc
  • teampjta
  • GCBRONCO
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.