THE COACH Kevin Walters

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
I don't think Billy Slater is any more advanced as a coach than Kevvie, all Billy can really fall back on are the things coached to him (and his peers) by Bellamy. Kevvie's been in a few systems, been to the UK, etc.

You can't go on about a guy being the next supercoach because he had a successful origin campaign, Kevvie did that too.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Fair enough but there's about 6 good 9s in the whole game, it's not for a lack of trying, there's a short supply and all the good ones would rather stay in Sydney where they can name their price anyway.

Harry Grant would have been a likely target but even Melbourne have paid him over a million, what we were genuinely going to offer, 1.8m? Because we'd need at least 500k more than Melbourne for him to have considered moving from a premier club to at the time wooden spooners.
Lucky our coach managed to pulled some strings and get his son to bail us out then. We'd have been fucked.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
While everyone is on the topic of hookers….Does anyone know if we had a crack at Verrill’s? If we didn’t, that’s a pretty big **** up. Makes you wonder if we have another option on the boil.
not sure but we'd at least need to replace turpin , not sure that would be mozer or not.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
I don't think Billy Slater is any more advanced as a coach than Kevvie, all Billy can really fall back on are the things coached to him (and his peers) by Bellamy. Kevvie's been in a few systems, been to the UK, etc.

You can't go on about a guy being the next supercoach because he had a successful origin campaign, Kevvie did that too.
There’s 3 coaches as or less experienced as Kev in the comp this year (excluding interim coaches) and they have all made it past the first week of the finals (if bunnies hold on).

Inexperienced coaches aren’t as big of a risk as people think. If they’re good you know pretty quickly.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
There’s 3 coaches as or less experienced as Kev in the comp this year (excluding interim coaches) and they have all made it past the first week of the finals (if bunnies hold on).

Inexperienced coaches aren’t as big of a risk as people think. If they’re good you know pretty quickly.

He’s at the top of Melbourne’s coach shortlist for a reason. They know he’s going to be a good coach.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
let him have his agenda ... the players he backs non-stop turn out to be shit (Turpin)

the players he has an agenda against turn out to be great (Herbie)

if he had an agenda against everyone on our team we would have won the minor premiership this year

A bloke getting knocked out and then he uses that to further an opinion

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
He’s at the top of Melbourne’s coach shortlist for a reason. They know he’s going to be a good coach.

is he though. or is that fan speculation. I'd be interested to see something from a Melbourne official. I've barely even seen anything in the media about him being Bellamy's eventual successor.

I haven't even seen anything to suggest that he want's to coach an NRL team full time. he certainly hasn't taken any steps towards achieving that (if it is in fact his goal)

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
I actually think he is over-rated especially as a hooker.

handy player? ... sure, but not 800k a year handy
I’d pay $800k to get him to our club in a heartbeat. He would be the best hooker we’ve had at the club in more than 15 years by an absolute mile.

He ain’t the Kiwi hooker for no reason.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
I’d pay $800k to get him to our club in a heartbeat. He would be the best hooker we’ve had at the club in more than 15 years by an absolute mile.

He ain’t the Kiwi hooker for no reason.

He's a great runner of the ball but he's not a hooker

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
He's a great runner of the ball but he's not a hooker
I guess the Storm, the Roosters and NZ are all wrong then…
Meanwhile in the time he hasn’t been a hooker we have tried -

Billy Walters
Cory Paix
Jake Turpin
Andrew McCullough
Dani Levi
James Segeyaro
Isaac Luke

just off the top of my head.
I’d prefer that ‘ball runner’ any day of the week over that entire lot…

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
I guess the Storm, the Roosters and NZ are all wrong then…
Meanwhile in the time he hasn’t been a hooker we have tried -

Billy Walters
Cory Paix
Jake Turpin
Andrew McCullough
Dani Levi
James Segeyaro
Isaac Luke

just off the top of my head.
I’d prefer that ‘ball runner’ any day of the week over that entire lot…
Or when he won hooker of the year in 2016 IIRC.

Active Now

• Alec
  • Financeguy
  • BroncosAlways
  • IceWorks
  • davidp
  • Lozza
  • Browny
  • Bucking Beads
  • LGH
  • teampjta
  • mrslong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.