THE COACH Kevin Walters

You'd have to think it's a last chance type thing, we gave you a chance with your staff, now we'll pick you're staff and if you still fail your next.

It probably is, but its not showing a great deal of faith in backing his decision making.

Briers is sounding like another one of Kevvie’s yesterday’s hero. Loses one mate and brings in another.
What makes you think that?

I doubt briers was a Kev decision. I could be wrong but he has Ikin decision written all over him. The guy is attacking coach at one of the best attacking teams in the super league. His announcement was obviously suspicious, and I commented at the time that even though they weren’t saying it, he’d replace one of the current assistants.

This decision was made weeks before this “review”.

What makes you think that?

I doubt briers was a Kev decision. I could be wrong but he has Ikin decision written all over him. The guy is attacking coach at one of the best attacking teams in the super league. His announcement was obviously suspicious, and I commented at the time that even though they weren’t saying it, he’d replace one of the current assistants.

This decision was made weeks before this “review”.
They were teammates & he was a very left field choice considering he has zero experience in the nrl.

I dont think he is a replacement for matterson, murmurs of him being appointed predates even the form slump I think?

@McHunt do you have the Badel scoop about a bust up and Steve quitting rather than being let go? Some spicy drama by the sounds of it
No real detail in there. Steve officially "resigned" following a private conversation with Kevvie. Presumably Kevvie had final call on the clearout and either Steve made the job easier for him or he didn't want to officially say his sacked his relative.

We all know how it is having to sack a relative. *cough, cough*

Well .....in this roll, Boxhead was pretty fucked from what we've seen

Integrity..... Payne, could you use the word in a sentence please....?

Education.... can someone explain to Tesi that he's supposed to catch the football, not run away from it.

Well being ?

FMD....weren't we just so mentally prepared to finish the season strong and take on the finals. 🙄
We were a fucken rabble.....

So all things being equal, Steve W deserved to be canned.

Walsh not Walters

Steve wasn't the the Well being, education and integrity manager ... Adam Walsh is

Walsh not Walters

Ahh....sorry, my bad.

Awkward Episode 2 GIF by The Office

Brent Read says there's been a rift between Ikin and Walters, with Ben feeling frozen out by Kevvie. Walters reports to Donuts, not Ikin. Unlike last season when Ikin sat near the playing bench during games, this season he was moved away often watching matches alone. Walters spoke about important football matters with his brother, Steve, rather than Ben, who was relegated to looking after the women’s team and various admin tasks. Ikin was not involved in extending Walters' contract.

Kevvie:

“Ben is new to the club, he came in at the back end of last year and we are working well together. I need to be better myself and Ben needs to be better. I don’t have a major issue with him. I’m very clear on what needs to happen and I’m very clear on wanting to take the club forward. The NRL head coach is the hub of a football department. In my 20 years of working at successful football clubs like the Broncos, Storm and even Canberra when I won a premiership there, the coach, CEO and chairman carry the load of the club.”​
“I included Ikin this year. I am happy to include him more if he wants that. You know what I’m like, I’m all for embracing ideas and listening on how people want to go about things. If there is a better way of doing it, I’m happy to listen. I don’t think I have all the answers. Nobody has all the answers. Even the great Craig Bellamy and Wayne Bennett don’t know it all, so Ben Ikin has a very important role in our football club moving forward.”​

Donuts:

“The guys are fine. Having differing opinions and challenging each other’s views, including mine, across a long season isn’t a bad thing. Actually, I’d say that’s one of the things we need to do more as a club right now if we’re to take the next step. Everyone in the building is acutely aware of the work that’s still ahead of us. We’re all aligned to growing our elite program and we all want what’s best for the club. As much as it hurt to miss the finals, I hope it proves to be the kick up the pants we needed. Our reviews have been honest, we’re not at the level we need to be just yet, but we have made progress – there’s been a lot of good things happening, it’s not all doom and gloom. We are clear on what needs to be done and we are all committed to doing the work to get there.”​

“Ben is new to the club”
too many head knocks for old kevvie I think.

Active Now

• DrGee
  • Bucking Beads
  • Broncosgirl
  • Sproj
  • Wolfie
  • Battler
  • Brocko
  • Robboi_321
  • Accept
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Kev_Guz
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Midean
  • Johnny92
  • Mustafur
  • Maroon4life
  • Bish
  • Santa
  • marw
... and 56 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.