THE COACH Kevin Walters

Our owner.

He looks pretty decrepit, much like the Queen did before her death....

Donald Glover Reaction GIF

Kevvie:
“Ben is new to the club, he came in at the back end of last year and we are working well together. I need to be better myself and Ben needs to be better. I don’t have a major issue with him. I’m very clear on what needs to happen and I’m very clear on wanting to take the club forward. The NRL head coach is the hub of a football department. In my 20 years of working at successful football clubs like the Broncos, Storm and even Canberra when I won a premiership there, the coach, CEO and chairman carry the load of the club.”​
“I included Ikin this year. I am happy to include him more if he wants that. You know what I’m like, I’m all for embracing ideas and listening on how people want to go about things. If there is a better way of doing it, I’m happy to listen. I don’t think I have all the answers. Nobody has all the answers. Even the great Craig Bellamy and Wayne Bennett don’t know it all, so Ben Ikin has a very important role in our football club moving forward.”​

Donuts:

“The guys are fine. Having differing opinions and challenging each other’s views, including mine, across a long season isn’t a bad thing. Actually, I’d say that’s one of the things we need to do more as a club right now if we’re to take the next step. Everyone in the building is acutely aware of the work that’s still ahead of us. We’re all aligned to growing our elite program and we all want what’s best for the club. As much as it hurt to miss the finals, I hope it proves to be the kick up the pants we needed. Our reviews have been honest, we’re not at the level we need to be just yet, but we have made progress – there’s been a lot of good things happening, it’s not all doom and gloom. We are clear on what needs to be done and we are all committed to doing the work to get there.”​

Pretty poor form from Kev. Completely airing out the clubs dirty laundry and sending passive aggressive comments towards Ikin

“Ben is new to the club”
He showed up 6 months after you! If he’s new, you’re new.

“Ben needs to be better”

“I don’t have MAJOR ISSUES with him”

then he goes on to say in his 20 years of experience the head coach didn’t have to answer to anyone but the CEO and they ran the football department. Kev, you aren’t Wayne, or Bellamy mate. Ivan had to answer to a football director and look how they’ve gone.

Why you would say any of this to the media is astounding. I’m so off this guy. At least this has confirmed that Ikin had nothing to do with Kev’s cooked team selections, the biggest bedshit in top 8 history, or the total neglect to sign anyone who could replace his below standard son.

This is also a misstep from DD for not clearly defining roles and responsibilities - which it seems is being fixed now. I can’t wait until we find a decent coach.

Pretty poor form from Kev. Completely airing out the clubs dirty laundry and sending passive aggressive comments towards Ikin

“Ben is new to the club”

“Ben needs to be better”

then he goes on to say in his 20 years of experience the head coach didn’t have to answer to anyone but the CEO and they ran the football department. Kev, you aren’t Wayne, or Bellamy mate. Ivan had to answer to a football director and look how they’ve gone.

Why you would say any of this to the media is astounding. I’m so off this guy. At least this has confirmed that Ikin had nothing to do with Kev’s cooked team selections, the biggest bedshit in top 8 history, or the total neglect to sign anyone who could replace his below standard son.

This is also a misstep from DD for not clearly defining roles and responsibilities - which it seems is being fixed now. I can’t wait until we find a decent coach.
It won't be fixed if Ikin thought he was going to run the whole football program and the newly defined role is somewhat less than that.
Someone is going to be disappointed here, how that someone handles it will decide if they both stay.

It won't be fixed if Ikin thought he was going to run the whole football program and the newly defined role is somewhat less than that.
Someone is going to be disappointed here, how that someone handles it will decide if they both stay.
i just hope the club is continuously looking for a coach who makes the both of them redundant.

“Ben is new to the club”

“Ben needs to be better”

Wasn’t kevvie upset with gamble doing the exact same thing? Hopefully this stuff is all sorted before pre season starts.

Kevvie's comments (no matter how benign they might sound) are a huge signal to the fanbase that all is not well at Red Hill.

On this occasion I'd say Kev has shot himself in the foot by portraying himself as the hard done by coach. The summary he made of Ikin's performance this year and his overall role was so poorly thought out.

I'm sure Ben will continue to give Kevvie enough rope.

The more I see of Kev in the role of head coach, the more I want to see him elsewhere.

Kevvie's comments (no matter how benign they might sound) are a huge signal to the fanbase that all is not well at Red Hill.

On this occasion I'd say Kev has shot himself in the foot by portraying himself as the hard done by coach. The summary he made of Ikin's performance this year and his overall role was so poorly thought out.

I'm sure Ben will continue to give Kevvie enough rope.

The more I see of Kev in the role of head coach, the more I want to see him elsewhere.
kevvie does deserve a shot at next year but the more he opens his mouth the more I think the same.

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.