THE COACH Kevin Walters

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Mate he has two idiots playing in the halves. Milford will be back soon.
The best we have looked this season was off the back of Mikford in the first half round 1

Milford’s not the answer, bud.

V

Viti

NRL Player
Feb 2, 2011
Forget sacking Kevvie for now, **** Peter Nolan off then see how Kev goes with a head of football operations who has half a clue what he’s doing

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
You can’t sack Kev before sacking 15 players first.

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
You can’t sack Kev before sacking 15 players first.
I honestly don’t know why we are trying to hold onto players that are demanding big money. You either want to be here for the long haul to help this club out or you can go and take the easy way out.

We then go and recruit hard nosed players who have a point to prove and entice them with the reward of massive upgrades if they get us out of this hole.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
I honestly don’t know why we are trying to hold onto players that are demanding big money. You either want to be here for the long haul to help this club out or you can go and take the easy way out.

We then go and recruit hard nosed players who have a point to prove and entice them with the reward of massive upgrades if they get us out of this hole.
Same conditions should apply to guys like Dearden too should he decide to stay. In my eyes he’s only worth 150k right now but if he starts showing some consistent top level half back play, only then should he get an increase.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Fucking hell the flippantness of some posts on this forum is ridiculous.

Eels rd 1 (decent showing at home)... ZOMG we're actually a chance this year

Titans rd 2 (away against a flat track bully)... sack everyone!!!!

Dogs rd 3 (only easy game we've had all year and we win 24-0)... we won but I still hate all these *****

Storm rd 4 (covid bubble on the road vs a top 4 team)... the world is fucking ending

Rabbits rd 5 (covid bubble on the road vs a top 4 team)... who even pays these *****

Panthers rd 6 (finally back at home and put on a decent showing).... ZOMG we're a chance again

Eels Rd 7 (in 30 deg in Darwin against a top 4 team with 60% completion)... see I told you these **** were useless sack all of them!!!

If you're not paying attention... we've had a fucked draw, but every home game we've been decent.

We've had 3 seriously shit games... two were in a covid bubble against top 4 opponents, and the other was in 30 deg heat where game management put us behind the 8 ball against a top 4 team that read the conditions better and quicker than us (Gutho was kicking for dropouts 20mins in).

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013

Dogs rd 3 (only easy game we've had all year and we win 24-0)... we won but I still hate all these *****

Storm rd 4 (covid bubble on the road vs a top 4 team)... the world is fucking ending

Rabbits rd 5 (covid bubble on the road vs a top 4 team)... who even pays these *****

Panthers rd 6 (finally back at home and put on a decent showing).... ZOMG we're a chance again

Eels Rd 7 (in 30 deg in Darwin against a top 4 team with 60% completion)... see I told you these **** were useless sack all of them!!!

If you're not paying attention... we've had a fucked draw, but every home game we've been decent.

We've had 3 seriously shit games... two were in a covid bubble against top 4 opponents, and the other was in 30 deg heat where game management put us behind the 8 ball against a top 4 team that read the conditions better and quicker than us (Gutho was kicking for dropouts 20mins in).
Agree completely, but unfortunately the only way out if it I see. is a massive cull within the squad.

It is absolutely awful.

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013

Yeah, this. I'm keen to see what happens when we actually play a few "middle of the road" teams instead of the contenders. Of course, we play each of the contenders twice because **** the Broncos.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Yeah, this. I'm keen to see what happens when we actually play a few "middle of the road" teams instead of the contenders. Of course, we play each of the contenders twice because **** the Broncos.

we have a chance for a bit of a roll now because here is our upcoming draw:

Titans (home)
Cowboys (away)
Sea Eagles (technically away ... but magic round)
Roosters (away)
Storm (home)

3 out of 5 are certainly winnable ... and a bit of a roll on and a bit of confidence should see us competitive for those last two games

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
we have a chance for a bit of a roll now because here is our upcoming draw:

Titans (home)
Cowboys (away)
Sea Eagles (technically away ... but magic round)
Roosters (away)
Storm (home)

3 out of 5 are certainly winnable ... and a bit of a roll on and a bit of confidence should see us competitive for those last two games
For most teams they are winnable.

You are talking about a team that appears capable of scoring through crash plays or opposition errors only, and will give up, the minute a team fails to make the same sort of errors it does, though...

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010

I think I’ve been pretty consistent. Not sure who you’re aiming this at.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
I think I’ve been pretty consistent. Not sure who you’re aiming this at.
I didn't quote you... I didn't quote anyone because it happens all over the forum after we lose.

The posts before mine are sack everyone, sack Nolan, sack Kevvie, sack Croft, sack Isaako, sack Turpin.

A week ago it was WOW how good was that against a top 4 team... this week we couldn't compete against a top 4 team because we have a rookie team that can't deal with adversity and it's total hopelessness in the halves.

These are known things that have been around for years

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I didn't quote you... I didn't quote anyone because it happens all over the forum after we lose.

The posts before mine are sack everyone, sack Nolan, sack Kevvie, sack Croft, sack Isaako, sack Turpin.

A week ago it was WOW how good was that against a top 4 team... this week we couldn't compete against a top 4 team because we have a rookie team that can't deal with adversity and it's total hopelessness in the halves.

These are known things that have been around for years

It is ok to be frustrated though and regardless of last week, this squad is screwed and does need at worst a minor overhaul.

O

OLD_WARHORSE

Apr 24, 2021
No offence Kevvie but you should throw wayne bennets play book out the window.I cant believe you put corey oates on the wing.He played a blinder his first game back in the 2nd row.Last week the defence moved up to shut the opposition down.Last nite back to the old way waiting for them to come to you.Its not rocket science.Its just heart breaking watch you change week to week hoping to find a solution.

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
No offence Kevvie but you should throw wayne bennets play book out the window.I cant believe you put corey oates on the wing.He played a blinder his first game back in the 2nd row.Last week the defence moved up to shut the opposition down.Last nite back to the old way waiting for them to come to you.Its not rocket science.Its just heart breaking watch you change week to week hoping to find a solution.

The only problem i can see with this group trying to play the "up in your face" defensive strategy is that they just don't seem fit enough.

The whole reason we adopted the passive defensive style was to help limit fatigue... as best i remember.

Kevvie really has some thinking to do on this matter

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
The only problem i can see with this group trying to play the "up in your face" defensive strategy is that they just don't seem fit enough.

The whole reason we adopted the passive defensive style was to help limit fatigue... as best i remember.

Kevvie really has some thinking to do on this matter

Which annoys me no end, why aren't they fit enough? They haven't looked fit since 2016.

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • Skyblues87
  • theshed
  • GCBRONCO
  • BroncosAlways
  • davidp
  • Midean
  • maddo
  • Bucking Beads
  • Behold
  • HarryAllan7
  • Sproj
  • Santa
  • Ondi
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.