THE COACH Kevin Walters

Kevvie, always the wordsmith.

“It comes with maturity, a lot of our guys are 12 months older and wiser, so it’s all systems go for us.”

I’d say they are literally all 12 months older than they were this time last year.

3AE24988 7436 42B1 826B 6B347522C877

whether you agree with the decision to re-sign Kev or not ... let's have a look at some of the words Badel has used in the article.

let's start with "Bombshell" and "shock" ... is it really a bombshell or a shock that a coach that has improved the sides ladder position each year in the job, has been given extra time to continue that trajectory (rather than start from scratch with a new coach); especially when that coach happens to be a club legend (guys who tend to be given more leeway before getting axed).

if you actually listen to the words coming out of Red Hill, instead of those written by the media, this was always a likely outcome.

now the second word we should look at is the word "lucrative" ... if the rumoured 500k per season deal is correct, that would keep Kev as one of the lowest paid coaches in the NRL, even despite a small pay rise.

I agree to extend him as long as he is cheap enough to sack if a better option comes along or things become untenable. At the end of the day I think the shear fact he is a good bloke he has kept the dressing room and we have improved under him so whilst there is no better coach he can stick around. But in saying that he needs to cut out the simple errors with his lineups and bench usage.

Kevie has signed a two year extension for 500K per annum. Even more if he excels.
Makes people perfect sense. Allows him and his son to get that premiership trifecta and cemete their legacy (and statue).

Looks like we can close the thread now, he obviously will survive

Billy isn't 12 months older technically since he is immortal.
Well I guess he’s technically 29 but he’s still only 26, turning 27.

Or something like that.

So I guess you win this one, Kevvie 😂

well with both Kev and a Billy being extended for 2 years - the Mozer situation is certain to come to a head sooner than later. Will be interesting to see how that plays out.

Edit: for those who like to eye roll rather than have actual discussions this is not a shot at either Walters. It is simply saying that this debate will be put to bed one way or another

whether you agree with the decision to re-sign Kev or not ... let's have a look at some of the words Badel has used in the article.

let's start with "Bombshell" and "shock" ... is it really a bombshell or a shock that a coach that has improved the sides ladder position each year in the job, has been given extra time to continue that trajectory (rather than start from scratch with a new coach); especially when that coach happens to be a club legend (guys who tend to be given more leeway before getting axed).

if you actually listen to the words coming out of Red Hill, instead of those written by the media, this was always a likely outcome.

now the second word we should look at is the word "lucrative" ... if the rumoured 500k per season deal is correct, that would keep Kev as one of the lowest paid coaches in the NRL, even despite a small pay rise.
For someone who hates badel with a passion it’s really odd you have a subscription to everything he writes.

For someone who hates badel with a passion it’s really odd you have a subscription to everything he writes.

who says I pay for that subscription?

besides I like to read about other sports as well as rugby league. I just share what he writes to give you all a laugh and save you from paying for the subscription ... you're welcome!.

p.s. I don't actually hate Badel (i don't know him) ... i just think he is a crap "journalist" who frequently passes off opinion as fact

well with both Kev and a Billy being extended for 2 years - the Mozer situation is certain to come to a head sooner than later. Will be interesting to see how that plays out.

Edit: for those who like to eye roll rather than have actual discussions this is not a shot at either Walters. It is simply saying that this debate will be put to bed one way or another
Do you think there is any chance that Billy could be moved to 14, sooner rather than later, so we can keep Mozer?

Active Now

• matthewransom34@ic
  • Foordy
  • Midean
  • Organix
  • Financeguy
  • Mr Fourex
  • GCBRONCO
  • Jazza
  • Johnny92
  • ChewThePhatt
  • broncsgoat
  • I bleed Maroon
  • jd87
  • Old Mate
  • Morkel
  • theshed
  • Justwin
  • BroncosAlways
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Gympie devil
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.