THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
The injuries are 100% the reason we arent winning games. I just think they way we dont execute even simple plays is down to the coaching. Doing the basics is where we are falling down.
I'd have to disagree I think it's on the players it's not like they go out and train that way I think they either arnt listening to who is calling where the ball is supposed to go or to many are calling and it's leaving the grunts confused as to what's going on.

Be night and day difference thisafternoon I predict

I'd have to disagree I think it's on the players it's not like they go out and train that way I think they either arnt listening to who is calling where the ball is supposed to go or to many are calling and it's leaving the grunts confused as to what's going on.

Be night and day difference thisafternoon I predict

Thats a failing of the system though imo if you are so reliant on one or two players to make things tick. The better sides all have a system where everyone knows their job and how to execute it no matter who playes. Seems we need Reynolds to make it work for us.

I agree though, we will be better this afternoon having him back.

Thats a failing of the system though imo if you are so reliant on one or two players to make things tick. The better sides all have a system where everyone knows their job and how to execute it no matter who playes. Seems we need Reynolds to make it work for us.

Have to agree to disagree lol I think it comes back to the players I doubt they are coaching the headless chicken style at training lol

Those great systems you are talking about also didn't happen overnight. Fans are impatient and that is what is happening here. Last year we should have won but the rise from where we were was unusual. In hindsight, we were probably always going to have a disappointing year compared to last but it is what it is.

Injuries are the single biggest factor in what has happened this year and Kevvie should be cut some slack as a result. I do wonder though if this year might end up being really good for the team in the long run. It has shown that the exciting ad lib footy, while great, needs to have a solid basis underneath. This team appears to be really dumb and comments from Seesbums, Kevvie, Reynolds and even Capewell from memory all attest to this, so they are slow learners.

A season like this might be exactly what they need to prove what every coach / experienced head has been trying to tell them - they can see it for themselves that without the basics, everything can fall apart pretty quickly.

You also called for a cleanout of assistants being needed from time to time...well isn't that exactly what's happening? How does anyone know it isn't Kevvie calling for this change to occur? So many people frustratingly love to sink the boot in to the guy without knowing anything about what happens behind closed doors. I could be totally wrong as well but I'm more than happy to support the guy who is a club legend, took us to within one play of winning the GF just LAST YEAR and is all round great bloke who I want to do well.

And as for the whole Mozer thing, let's not forget we also have Bukowski coming through, so it isn't as big a deal as so many make out. Kevvie is clearly trying to instil a culture at the club and wants the young guys to buy in to that. So if Mozer leaves because he has to wait a couple of months, well so be it. Same thing happened with Walsh and hindsight shows that worked out well for us, he wasn't ready and came back.

If we want to be a power house club again, we need to instil a new culture, Kevvie is clearly trying to do that and he will get some things wrong, as fans we need to be ok with that and back him in. Kevvie can clearly coach / manage and I'm backing him in to make the decisions that need to be made too. Remember everyone thought Oates would start on the wing this year and next minute, it was Mariner.

Everyone thought Kevvie would keep his son as a half, next minute Mam has pushed him out, even if not directly. If Mozer goes back to Q Cup and kills it again, showing a good team first attitude, he'll be back before we know it and even on that point, we still don't even know that he won't be in this afternoon. Kevvie supports his players and isn't quick to drop them due to fan pressure - I like this, it is what gets buy in from players when they know the coach has their backs and ultimately, you want competition for spots, that is what made us so good last year.

It's a pretty obvious one, Smoothy can provide cover in at lock if Patty succumbs to the injury he's carrying. You're talking about Billy, Billy has nothing to do with the non-selection of Mozer. Billy and Mozer is the best combination we have in the hooking role, Smoothy offers nothing unless he's 5 out from the try line and catches a defender. Billy at the very least has a running game and can create something off the back of a quick play the ball. He's also got a handy kick on him.
He's become a mistake magnet by trying too hard to be something he's not.

Have to agree to disagree lol I think it comes back to the players I doubt they are coaching the headless chicken style at training lol
Coaches get judged on results
Every coach I have ever seen sacked claims the team has been ‘training great’ whatever that means

Those great systems you are talking about also didn't happen overnight. Fans are impatient and that is what is happening here. Last year we should have won but the rise from where we were was unusual. In hindsight, we were probably always going to have a disappointing year compared to last but it is what it is.

Injuries are the single biggest factor in what has happened this year and Kevvie should be cut some slack as a result. I do wonder though if this year might end up being really good for the team in the long run. It has shown that the exciting ad lib footy, while great, needs to have a solid basis underneath. This team appears to be really dumb and comments from Seesbums, Kevvie, Reynolds and even Capewell from memory all attest to this, so they are slow learners.

A season like this might be exactly what they need to prove what every coach / experienced head has been trying to tell them - they can see it for themselves that without the basics, everything can fall apart pretty quickly.

You also called for a cleanout of assistants being needed from time to time...well isn't that exactly what's happening? How does anyone know it isn't Kevvie calling for this change to occur? So many people frustratingly love to sink the boot in to the guy without knowing anything about what happens behind closed doors. I could be totally wrong as well but I'm more than happy to support the guy who is a club legend, took us to within one play of winning the GF just LAST YEAR and is all round great bloke who I want to do well.

And as for the whole Mozer thing, let's not forget we also have Bukowski coming through, so it isn't as big a deal as so many make out. Kevvie is clearly trying to instil a culture at the club and wants the young guys to buy in to that. So if Mozer leaves because he has to wait a couple of months, well so be it. Same thing happened with Walsh and hindsight shows that worked out well for us, he wasn't ready and came back.

If we want to be a power house club again, we need to instil a new culture, Kevvie is clearly trying to do that and he will get some things wrong, as fans we need to be ok with that and back him in. Kevvie can clearly coach / manage and I'm backing him in to make the decisions that need to be made too. Remember everyone thought Oates would start on the wing this year and next minute, it was Mariner.

Everyone thought Kevvie would keep his son as a half, next minute Mam has pushed him out, even if not directly. If Mozer goes back to Q Cup and kills it again, showing a good team first attitude, he'll be back before we know it and even on that point, we still don't even know that he won't be in this afternoon. Kevvie supports his players and isn't quick to drop them due to fan pressure - I like this, it is what gets buy in from players when they know the coach has their backs and ultimately, you want competition for spots, that is what made us so good last year.

The systems dont happen overnight, but this is Kevvies fourth year here. I dont think fans expecting us to have a little more structure is being unreasonable after 4 years is being impatient.

We arent exactly having a coaching clean out tbf, they are making the choice to leave. Its not like Kevvie has chosen to replace them.

The systems dont happen overnight, but this is Kevvies fourth year here. I dont think fans expecting us to have a little more structure is being unreasonable after 4 years is being impatient.

We arent exactly having a coaching clean out tbf, they are making the choice to leave. Its not like Kevvie has chosen to replace them.

How do you know that though? Kevvie isn't the kind of guy who is going to come out and say, yeah mate I've kicked them out, screw 'em.

How do you know that though? Kevvie isn't the kind of guy who is going to come out and say, yeah mate I've kicked them out, screw 'em.

Its pretty clear. Cartwright is leaving for a head coach job. Briers by all accounts has an offer he wants to take up at Souths.

I do think Kevvie would come out and say though if he felt like he needed to freshen things up and make changes with the coaching.

Briers by all accounts has an offer he wants to take up at Souths.
Parks And Recreation GIF by Stan.

Don’t think Kevin is responsible for their decision to seek alternate opportunities, well not directly anyway.
Clearly they are seeking greener pastures and I don’t at all blame them.

Don’t think Kevin is responsible for their decision to seek alternate opportunities, well not directly anyway.
Clearly they are seeking greener pastures and I don’t at all blame them.

I think Carty wanted to be a head coach, and no matter what some people might think of him, Wayne is probably more enticing to work with than Kevvie.

For the record, i'm not in the camp of sack Kevvie. Just because we are having a bad time of things i still think he's got enough credit in the bank to be given time to turn it around.

I dont think he's done as good a job as some people, but he's done a good enough job. I think how i feel will be dicated by how we finish the year out.

Yes mate and that’s my point. They have all had a shot at head coach in the NRL but just didn’t make it for one reason or another and went back to being assistants. Ivan Henjak was another. Great assistant to Wayne Bennett but we all know what happened when we took him on as head coach.
Can add Kevin to that list sooner or later.

There's a basic difference between making it as a head coach or not and it all relates to how well you are at managing men.

There have been some brilliant minds who tried their hand at coaching only to fail, not because they didn't understand the sport but because they couldn't get some buy in from their players. It in no way correlates to their ability to be an assistant.

Kev can very obviously manage men. We went from wooden spooners to playing in a GF, I will give you the hot tip, that doesn't happen unless you get some buy in.

Briers shot down the rumours about him going to Souths. He's been in discussions with Wellens at St Helens and he appears to be going back to England for family reasons.

Carty always wanted a head coach role.

I think those two leave regardless.

Briers shot down the rumours about him going to Souths. He's been in discussions with Wellens at St Helens and he appears to be going back to England for family reasons.

Carty always wanted a head coach role.

I think those two leave regardless.

I'd heard the England rumours, but there is nothing concrete yet with that or Souths.

There's a basic difference between making it as a head coach or not and it all relates to how well you are at managing men.

There have been some brilliant minds who tried their hand at coaching only to fail, not because they didn't understand the sport but because they couldn't get some buy in from their players. It in no way correlates to their ability to be an assistant.

Kev can very obviously manage men. We went from wooden spooners to playing in a GF, I will give you the hot tip, that doesn't happen unless you get some buy in.

Yes, he got us to a grand final, but he also presided over one of the most monumental collapses from an NRL team i've ever seen. Does he get praise for the good, but the bad isnt his fault? Cant have it both ways. Nobody is immune from criticism when its warranted no matter if you are a top bloke or not.

Yes, he got us to a grand final, but he also presided over one of the most monumental collapses from an NRL team i've ever seen. Does he get praise for the good, but the bad isnt his fault? Cant have it both ways. Nobody is immune from criticism when its warranted no matter if you are a top bloke or not.
Seems like he only cops it when the team is losing... feel like he got no praise for getting the team to a GF from a wooden spoon 3yrs earlier

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • Fitzy
  • porouian
  • PNG Broncos fan88
  • eggstar10
  • broncsgoat
  • Mr Fourex
  • FACTHUNT
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • GCBRONCO
  • Redfern_1980
  • Dexter
  • Lostboy
  • Hurrijo
  • Maroon4life
  • davidp
  • Sproj
  • hench2020
  • Lurker
  • Howie
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.