THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
One player? Oh yes. Walsh, Carrigan, Haas & Reynolds. Of course, one player indeed!
You're overstating things there,go back through the team lists, and Warriors game was Kevs choice not to play them.

Its not unfair to suggest being reliant on one player so much isnt a healthy place to be in. I think no matter who our coach was, people would still be saying the same thing. One player should be able to improve the team and make a difference, they shouldnt be the only reason we work as a team.

And for all we know we could have more injuries.
plus he forgets they would have had to travel from Melbourne to QLD and then QLD to NZ. Much harder with all of that travel.

The team has been let down without Reyno. Our marqee 5/8 is incapable of doing what the likes of Luai and Hughes do for their teams and understandably. Mam is only 21 years old and has not played the same amount of football as the others. The best we have looked was in the last 30 against the dragons when Mam was playing

We also had to suffer through sailor making 2-3 errors per game just catching the high ball. I would say we win two more games in that period if he just had have caught the ball. Personally i think next year Arthars will play some reps at FB purely for the reason that he can catch the ball.

Either way Kevy has had to replace 4 of our top 17 this year. That is an insane feat in itself. I don't think ive ever seen a club lose 4 of their top 17 players in one preseason. That combined with several injuries to key players, origin etc its pretty understanding why we might have regressed. Ultimately this is the first season that we have not improved as a team since he has come here. That's back to back improvements every year from Spoon, 14th, 9th, 2nd (and a gf).

Seriously, in which universe does injecting Walsh, Haas, Carrigan on top of Reyno not make a difference? Because that is what I'm reading here.

Cmon??
For all we know we could have beaten the Warriors and got no injuries.
It was smart to not let them play, don't know why everyone winging like making the finals will never happen, if we can Simply beat Dogs and Dolphins we will be ahead of one of them and almost certainly be in the top 8 since us 3 all play each other still, not to mention we also get a bye in round 24 to rest players.

As long as Reyno doesn't get reinjured we essentially will have the most players back since pre origin.

So long as we keep a good F/A I still believe we have room for 2 more losses to make the 8, if we win them all 5th is possible if Sharks go on a freefall.

The draw this year favours a low win count to get into the finals because of how close it has been.

Not sure why Kev was acting like he wouldn’t play his origin players this week, maybe it was just a bait and switch, regardless I was glad to see logic prevail. Reyno being rushed back in was a smart move too.

We are in all or nothing territory. Not resting players may backfire but resting them and losing would’ve been another mark against Kev. I couldn’t believe he was even humouring the idea.

Not sure why Kev was acting like he wouldn’t play his origin players this week, maybe it was just a bait and switch, regardless I was glad to see logic prevail. Reyno being rushed back in was a smart move too.

We are in all or nothing territory. Not resting players may backfire but resting them and losing would’ve been another mark against Kev. I couldn’t believe he was even humouring the idea.

Yes a coach showing concern for player welfare, what a terrible way to get your players onside.

We couldn't afford it, but had we beat Dragons he would've 100%

The reason is Kev is looking beyond making finals, there is no reason to bust your team just to come 8th and bow out week 1.

We have good players much better then those ahead of us right now, who haven't had much time this year all together, our depth sucks though and that is what has put us in this position but at the end of the day the goal is to win the premiership not make the finals.

It was smart to not let them play, don't know why everyone winging like making the finals will never happen, if we can Simply beat Dogs and Dolphins we will be ahead of one of them and almost certainly be in the top 8 since us 3 all play each other still, not to mention we also get a bye in round 24 to rest players.

As long as Reyno doesn't get reinjured we essentially will have the most players back since pre origin.

So long as we keep a good F/A I still believe we have room for 2 more losses to make the 8, if we win them all 5th is possible if Sharks go on a freefall.

The draw this year favours a low win count to get into the finals because of how close it has been.
Everyone whinging like we can't make the 8?
Who said that?
I think if we keep our top 17 we do make the 8. I've also said this year is probably the best chance for a team from outside the top 4 to make a run at the GF.

The reason is Kev is looking beyond making finals, there is no reason to bust your team just to come 8th and bow out week 1.
So he's saving them for the end of season trip then?

Everyone whinging like we can't make the 8?
Who said that?
I think if we keep our top 17 we do make the 8. I've also said this year is probably the best chance for a team from outside the top 4 to make a run at the GF.

We will finish this round literally 1 win out of the 8 with rounds to go and so many teams above us also needing to play us and each other. We have our fire power back to go on a run, we'll be fine.

We will finish this round literally 1 win out of the 8 with rounds to go and so many teams above us also needing to play us and each other. We have our fire power back to go on a run, we'll be fine.
I think so much comes down to the next 2 games before the bye. I just don't know what to think of the dogs then the titans who are currently playing without a care in the world and look pretty dangerous. 2 wins there would be great leading into the bye the eels. Will be really interesting in that final game vs the Storm to see if for arguments sake at that point they have the minor premiership locked up, will they rest half their team?

But you are right, so many teams play each other around that middle of the table that it's going to be so interesting.

So he's saving them for the end of season trip then?
And what if Walsh gets injured and it's season over?

The current game favours the well rested side coming into the finals.

Heck if the last round if we are guaranteed to make the 8 I would Risk resting the entire team, because Storm almost certainly will since I can't see them not being in the top 2.

Maybe he was waiting to see how they pull up? That seems perfectly logical to me.

This really does just seem to be a case of Kevvie just can't do anything right in the eyes of some, this is a really silly thing to have a go at him about.
Exactly what i said before this round. Its always lose lose for Kevy in the eyes of the Anti-fans. The real fans however appreciate having someone so invested at the head of the club.

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • Mr Fourex
  • Broncosgirl
  • mitch222
  • Cavalo
  • cento
  • johnny plath
  • FACTHUNT
  • Porthoz
  • davidp
  • Fozz
  • Battler
  • Robboi_321
  • Turks85
  • Broncorob
  • winslow_wong
  • HarryAllan7
  • xilliun
  • Mightybroncs2k17
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.